'Stray' will get an animated movie adaptation

20220724172926_1-jpg.320193

Stray, the debut title from BlueTwelve Studios which launched last year, will be adapted into an animated movie. The news comes from an exclusive Entertainment Weekly report which mentions that the movie is in active development and will be produced by Annapurna Animation.

"This is a game that's all about what makes us human, and there are no humans in it," said Robert Baird, co-leader of Annapurna Animation, in the report. He views the game as having "sort of 'hopepunk' vibe", where optimism is a form of resistance, and this aspect appears to guide the film adaptation.

"I love that term, hopepunk," he says. "I think, if we are going to do this adaptation justice, this is going to be the first and greatest hopepunk movie that's ever been made."

The report also mentions that Annapurna Animation plans to adapt other games from its sister branch, Annapurna Interactive, into movies but did not specify the titles under consideration.

:arrow: SOURCE
:arrow: Stray Official GBAtemp Review

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As much as I loved this game, I don't think the message and the feeling it gives can be adapted into a movie, unless the cat can talk or the robots suddenly start to speak English, which is weird.
It's pretty common for whatever alien/unknown language movie characters are actually speaking story-wise to be represented on screen by them speaking English, if it's the main language.

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
This game is basically an interactive movie, what do you mean???
If you actually stop watching others playing games on YouTube and play the game yourself you will find out that it's a game, and of course you need to press buttons to interact with thing.

jomaper

Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
If you actually stop watching others playing games on YouTube and play the game yourself you will find out that it's a game, and of course you need to press buttons to interact with thing.

It's a game with basically a single button function. It plays by itself. It's as close as a videogame can get to a movie. It's pure narrative, little gameplay/mechanics. Think next time before replying to me, thanks.

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
It's a game with basically a single button function. It plays by itself. It's as close as a videogame can get to a movie. It's pure narrative, little gameplay/mechanics. Think next time before replying to me, thanks.
You got burned by @hippy dave reply.
I don't think I need to say more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Currently asked for mecha mote iinchou mm my best friend to be translated but I also want to ask...