Ocarina of Time gets a fanmade short animated film in the style of Studio Ghibli by RwanLink

YouTube user, filmographer, artist and animator, RwanLink has released a brand new animated short to commemorate "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time" 25th Anniversary, but with an artstyle reminiscent of that from Studio Ghibli.

RwanLink is known for doing all sorts of animations, environments, models and other art related to The Legend of Zelda in Unreal Engine 4, and now on Unreal Engine 5, working previously on other Zelda short films and recreations on said engines, like animated shorts based on Breath of the Wild and Tears of the Kingdom, other shorts and showcases based on Ocarina of Time and its locations, and even an original story depicting Ganondorf's growth and life as a child in the Gerudo Desert titled "Ganondorf Dragmire" (with Dragmire being Ganondorf's known last name).

RwanLink worked over the past 4 months, juggling between a real-life work and other things, and after more 600 hours and 4 environments (from Kokiri Forest, Castle Town, Hyrule Castle and a bit of the Temple of Time) completely redesigned based on the original areas from Ocarina of Time, he managed to bring forth an incredible depiction of the world of Hyrule, meticulously created from scratch and inspired by the artstyle of Studio Ghibli, and the final result is nothing short of spectacular.

The fanmade short film focuses on the start of Link's journey from Ocarina of Time, first seeing him saying his goodbyes to the Great Deku Tree after the very first dungeon from the game, and then we see Link traveling to Hyrule's Castle Town to search for Princess Zelda, getting to the famous part where Link and Zelda encoutner Ganondorf for the first time, and then a quick glimpse of the Master Sword at the Temple of Time, alongside its spirit, Fi, from SKyward Sword.

if you are interested in RwanLink's work and other animations, be sure follow RwanLink's YouTube channel, and for those interested in supporting his animation work, be sure to do so through his Patreon account.

:arrow: RwanLink's YouTube Channel
:arrow: RwanLink's Patreon

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@ShadowOne333 RwanLink's name in the thread title is wrong.
Thank you for the heads up.
Once again my dyslexia playing tricks on me lol
While writing the article, I consistently typed RawnLink several times, I had to retype it almost every time I typed his name.
Guess I missed the very first instance when I wrote it.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Video games work well with cartoon related art styles in most cases, CGI if you do it right, this does look impressive, though my gripe has to do with the face. What's with the face of Link? It just doesn't match right with what I know, yea I get certain faces portray emotion better than others, but this kind of sticks too close to an anime like related style. I'm not huge on anime in general, I think the styles used are completely overused in literally everything these days, gone are the days of unique styles, even in my own country (at least it seems like so a lot of times), everything HAS to be a Japanese style of sorts, at least that's how a lot of people live around here, nothing seems original anymore. It's impressive, just doesn't adapt to the styling that helped define the series.

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's really impressive. 4 months, 600+ hours, all by himself. It's not perfect, but it's definitely incredible to see all that detail and work done by one guy who worked on it during his own free time.

Reactions: CoolMe

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the guards animation needs some tweaks, but it is good overall. Does make me want Nintendo to do re-imagines than just faithful remakes going forward tho.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Saw that too yesterday. Now just gimme a game in that art style.
How about Nintendo doing an Ocarina of Time remake that way? Would never happen but damn would I be sold!

Reactions: ganons

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto