Ocarina of Time gets a fanmade short animated film in the style of Studio Ghibli by RwanLink

YouTube user, filmographer, artist and animator, RwanLink has released a brand new animated short to commemorate "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time" 25th Anniversary, but with an artstyle reminiscent of that from Studio Ghibli.

RwanLink is known for doing all sorts of animations, environments, models and other art related to The Legend of Zelda in Unreal Engine 4, and now on Unreal Engine 5, working previously on other Zelda short films and recreations on said engines, like animated shorts based on Breath of the Wild and Tears of the Kingdom, other shorts and showcases based on Ocarina of Time and its locations, and even an original story depicting Ganondorf's growth and life as a child in the Gerudo Desert titled "Ganondorf Dragmire" (with Dragmire being Ganondorf's known last name).

RwanLink worked over the past 4 months, juggling between a real-life work and other things, and after more 600 hours and 4 environments (from Kokiri Forest, Castle Town, Hyrule Castle and a bit of the Temple of Time) completely redesigned based on the original areas from Ocarina of Time, he managed to bring forth an incredible depiction of the world of Hyrule, meticulously created from scratch and inspired by the artstyle of Studio Ghibli, and the final result is nothing short of spectacular.

The fanmade short film focuses on the start of Link's journey from Ocarina of Time, first seeing him saying his goodbyes to the Great Deku Tree after the very first dungeon from the game, and then we see Link traveling to Hyrule's Castle Town to search for Princess Zelda, getting to the famous part where Link and Zelda encoutner Ganondorf for the first time, and then a quick glimpse of the Master Sword at the Temple of Time, alongside its spirit, Fi, from SKyward Sword.

if you are interested in RwanLink's work and other animations, be sure follow RwanLink's YouTube channel, and for those interested in supporting his animation work, be sure to do so through his Patreon account.

:arrow: RwanLink's YouTube Channel
:arrow: RwanLink's Patreon

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will nintendo ever remake the N64 Zelda games in true High Definition?

Ocarina and TP are my personal favorites. But the fact that they made WW and TP HD on Wii U and allowed the N64 games to be ported to 3DS was an odd move. But since the Wii U failed it was a good move in hindsight,

Personally though, I have lost respect for nintendo after firing Charles. I cannot understand why most people seem to have no issue with what they did.

They are scum.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Will nintendo ever remake the N64 Zelda games in true High Definition?

Ocarina and TP are my personal favorites. But the fact that they made WW and TP HD on Wii U and allowed the N64 games to be ported to 3DS was an odd move. But since the Wii U failed it was a good move in hindsight,

Personally though, I have lost respect for nintendo after firing Charles. I cannot understand why most people seem to have no issue with what they did.

They are scum.
Are hot takes all you have, mr "Breath of the wild sucks and is the death of zelda"?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Are hot takes all you have, mr "Breath of the wild sucks and is the death of zelda"?
I do agree tho.
All Nintendo has to do is basically port the 3DS versions of both OoT and MM, upscale the textures and resolution and call it a day for an HD release.
It'll sell like hot cakes, but guess Nintendo has better shit to release like Everybody Switch rather than that.

ChronosNotashi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do agree tho.
All Nintendo has to do is basically port the 3DS versions of both OoT and MM, upscale the textures and resolution and call it a day for an HD release.
It'll sell like hot cakes, but guess Nintendo has better shit to release like Everybody Switch rather than that.
I feel that constantly re-releasing the exact same game can only get you so far before it starts becoming stale. And to be honest, they already have OoT and MM available through NSO + Expansion Pass, so they don't have as much reason to put resources into porting a 3DS version over other projects.

Personally, I'd like for them to port Wind Waker HD to the Switch, simply to get it out of the WiiU purgatory it's in, before porting OoT/MM again. But that's possibly something that'll be saved for later, if done at all.

Reactions: Dark_Ansem

PositiveOcelot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
It’s very beautiful and very impressive for one man project, but it’s boring to watch.

I hope Nintendo gives Ocarina of Time a proper remake. I really enjoyed the 3Ds version and they nailed it. Hope they will remake it for Switch 2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto