Hacking ROM Hack Project I'm back from winter break! (Solatorobo LibRipper Release)

SolatoroboHacking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you miss me?

It's been a while since I last posted here with any significant updates about my reverse engineering work on Solatorobo: Red the Hunter. Quite frankly, that's because I haven't made much progress. Life has gotten in the way, and as much as I wish I could, I can't drop everything to work on this game 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

However, I finally have a little something for you, and more will be coming down the pipeline quickly.

This is LibRipper. LibRipper is a basic extraction utility for the library books in Solatorobo. But wait a minute, before you stop reading, this gets more interesting, I promise. This utility supports all six languages that the game does (Japanese, English, Spanish, French, Italian and German).

The better part of this, however, is that I now understand how the library files work, and that gets me one step closer to understanding how the game stores text in general. This means we're getting closer and closer to actually being able to modify the game's dialogue and script.

This is just the beginning. For now, go ahead and play with extracting the different library books. Starting from the game's root directory, they are in /data/etc/libparam*.ccb. It shouldn't be too long, though, before I have a utility to actually replace the text, and that will go in the same repository. Then we can really start having some fun.

For now, here's a proof-of-concept I put together by manually editing some files in a hex editor.
Screenshot 2023-10-30 162848.png

Anyway, feel free to contribute to the project in any way you can, and I look forward to bringing you more progress soon!

Happy hacking!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol