Teclo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.backloggery.com
XP
Country
Arithmatics said:
What most people look for in a translated game is the necessities. Storyline, Game characters, Skills, Items, random npc talk, Quest etc.

Usually when it comes to glossaries like the aformentioned, I myself don't give it much as a sideways glance. Nice job on the translating though. Wish I could've pitched in.
If you count a random NPC saying something like "It's hot recently!" as a necessity, you should surely count information on the main characters, organisations and plot elements as a necessity too. As you say, the characters and storyline are crucial things and it would be nice to have more info on them via the glossary. Even if someone just translates them and puts them up on the Wikia (if there is one). I'm not being ungrateful for what we already have - seriously, this is one of the best Diablo-esque JRPGs I've ever played - but I do think it rates higher than some people are giving it credit for.

Anyway, is it just me or are the Kampfs weapons all crap apart from the poles? I have a Rank 1 iron pole that kills most enemies in one hit and does massive damage to bosses - I switched to a pair of Rank 2 fist weapons as soon as I was able and they barely did any damage to anything. If their attack speed was insanely fast it may balance out, but as it is I just end up getting smacked about for a while rather than just instantly killing the enemy as I do with the poles.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What characters do you guys tend to play as? I'm thinking about giving this a second chance.

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DeMoN said:
727 said:
What characters do you guys tend to play as? I'm thinking about giving this a second chance.
Kampf. Uses twin weapons.
I used that too but once I found really good one-handed swords I switched over - it does much more damage and I like to run into enemies and just bash them. Although I'm thinking of a more combo-ish style once I finish this playthrough.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gunner, guns. mostly Chained heavy and double shots (rapes an entire bunch in seconds), with Paralyze and close-ranged burst shots versus bosses.

IIRC, am in the last act, first playthrough, but couldn't get to finishing it, heh. too many distractions (got a 3DS/Zelda3D, got a PSP/MonsterHunter, real life, etc).

lucablight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been holding out on playing this game for 2 years now in case the few remaining parts get translated. Is there any chance of this happening still? I know Darth Nemesis has stated he intended to complete it to 100% in the past but I understand there can be a change of events due to other priorities. Is there still a chance of this patch being updated or should I just go ahead and finally play it?
Thanks for the patch btw!

Ravte

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
lucablight said:
I've been holding out on playing this game for 2 years now in case the few remaining parts get translated. Is there any chance of this happening still? I know Darth Nemesis has stated he intended to complete it to 100% in the past but I understand there can be a change of events due to other priorities. Is there still a chance of this patch being updated or should I just go ahead and finally play it?
Thanks for the patch btw!

Totally worth it.
I actually had to play the game through 3 or 4 times before I noticed a part that wasn't translated, and that was some sort of monster book/journal which I didn't even bother to take a look at even tho you can acces it right in the beginning of the game. But that was only because I was too hyped about the game. xD

PS. Don't underestimate the Battlers class - it's not as powerful as Kampfs, but after spending like 60 hours to the game, acquiring the almost ultimate gear possible, I could solo the hidden boss on the extra levels - on the hardest level. (by tanking it 24/7 only using pots to regain hp) I actually farmed the crap out of that boss. Was fun to socket your whole gear with +all skills orbs/spheres (Rainbow sphere/orb was the name as I recall it being). =)

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Frostic12 said:
I had thought Soma Bringer was already fully translated to english, I have the english rom for it.
biggrin.gif
bow.gif
nds.gif
surely a japanese rom pre-patched with this, one of the few completed work and granted, amazing fansub for amazing game
smile.gif

tk615

Trophies
XP
Country
Demoliton said:
is there a chance that darthnemesis can put a PVP area in the game??
Ahmmmm just badly hoping....
unsure.gif

I doubt he'd add a PVP arena. The game itself doesn't include one, so he'll have to create it from scratch. Would be too much of a hassle to do.

Demoliton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tk615 said:
Demoliton said:
is there a chance that darthnemesis can put a PVP area in the game??
Ahmmmm just badly hoping....
unsure.gif

I doubt he'd add a PVP arena. The game itself doesn't include one, so he'll have to create it from scratch. Would be too much of a hassle to do.

Sir it is hard to make a PVP arena on Soma??? if it does is will fully show the whole beauty of this game....
Wish that their are someone who can make it....
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

clegion

Trophies
Website
cfatalis.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
It is, you have to do the whole thing from scratch , like say programming back the character status (e.g friend-> enemy for instance), building the whole place, putting it into the game, see to that the programming doesn't have any bugs and so on. Even if it isn't that hard, it is a hassle

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30