Soma Bringer Open Translation

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by DarthNemesis, Mar 18, 2008.

1. midnightman

midnightman Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2010
    thanks for the translation and happy to having it at 97% [​IMG]

2. Teclo

Teclo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2008
    England
    If you count a random NPC saying something like "It's hot recently!" as a necessity, you should surely count information on the main characters, organisations and plot elements as a necessity too. As you say, the characters and storyline are crucial things and it would be nice to have more info on them via the glossary. Even if someone just translates them and puts them up on the Wikia (if there is one). I'm not being ungrateful for what we already have - seriously, this is one of the best Diablo-esque JRPGs I've ever played - but I do think it rates higher than some people are giving it credit for.

Anyway, is it just me or are the Kampfs weapons all crap apart from the poles? I have a Rank 1 iron pole that kills most enemies in one hit and does massive damage to bosses - I switched to a pair of Rank 2 fist weapons as soon as I was able and they barely did any damage to anything. If their attack speed was insanely fast it may balance out, but as it is I just end up getting smacked about for a while rather than just instantly killing the enemy as I do with the poles.

3. obaz

obaz Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2011
    United States
    as far as I can see - wonderful translation. and game is very good.

4. 727

727 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    What characters do you guys tend to play as? I'm thinking about giving this a second chance.

5. DeMoN

DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

May 12, 2004
    United States
    Kampf. Uses twin weapons.

6. Fel

Fel GBAtemp's Adventurer

May 5, 2009
    So close and yet so far away.
    I used that too but once I found really good one-handed swords I switched over - it does much more damage and I like to run into enemies and just bash them. Although I'm thinking of a more combo-ish style once I finish this playthrough.

7. ferofax

ferofax End of the World

Jan 26, 2009
    Philippines
    Gunner, guns. mostly Chained heavy and double shots (rapes an entire bunch in seconds), with Paralyze and close-ranged burst shots versus bosses.

IIRC, am in the last act, first playthrough, but couldn't get to finishing it, heh. too many distractions (got a 3DS/Zelda3D, got a PSP/MonsterHunter, real life, etc).

8. lucablight

lucablight Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2009
    I've been holding out on playing this game for 2 years now in case the few remaining parts get translated. Is there any chance of this happening still? I know Darth Nemesis has stated he intended to complete it to 100% in the past but I understand there can be a change of events due to other priorities. Is there still a chance of this patch being updated or should I just go ahead and finally play it?
    Thanks for the patch btw!

9. Ravte

Ravte GBAtemp Regular

Jan 8, 2011
    Finland
    Finland
    Totally worth it.
    I actually had to play the game through 3 or 4 times before I noticed a part that wasn't translated, and that was some sort of monster book/journal which I didn't even bother to take a look at even tho you can acces it right in the beginning of the game. But that was only because I was too hyped about the game. xD

PS. Don't underestimate the Battlers class - it's not as powerful as Kampfs, but after spending like 60 hours to the game, acquiring the almost ultimate gear possible, I could solo the hidden boss on the extra levels - on the hardest level. (by tanking it 24/7 only using pots to regain hp) I actually farmed the crap out of that boss. Was fun to socket your whole gear with +all skills orbs/spheres (Rainbow sphere/orb was the name as I recall it being). =)

10. ferofax

ferofax End of the World

Jan 26, 2009
    Philippines
    heck, the way this game uses orbs, you can get ranged characters to tank by sporting 2000~HP. my gunner does.

11. Demoliton

Demoliton Member

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2011
    Is their a PVP area or PVP room here so that me and my friends can test who's better class are much stronger.
    [​IMG]

12. bejiman

bejiman GBAtemp Regular

Jan 5, 2009
    There is no PVP in this game.

13. clegion

clegion GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 5, 2009
    United States
    Fun game, I have the standard warrior class playing with dual weapons. IT did abit less damage than Kampf , but have a brick load of hp even without as many orb enhancements

14. Frostic12

Frostic12 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2010
    United States
    Moultrie
    I had thought Soma Bringer was already fully translated to english, I have the english rom for it. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. koimayeul

koimayeul GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 2, 2009
    France
    France
    surely a japanese rom pre-patched with this, one of the few completed work and granted, amazing fansub for amazing game [​IMG]

16. Demoliton

Demoliton Member

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2011
    is there a chance that darthnemesis can put a PVP area in the game??
    Ahmmmm just badly hoping....
    [​IMG]

17. tk615

tk615 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 15, 2009
    I doubt he'd add a PVP arena. The game itself doesn't include one, so he'll have to create it from scratch. Would be too much of a hassle to do.

18. Anne Noise

Anne Noise GBAtemp Regular

May 4, 2007
    United States
    Just repatched for a third playthrough with new friends - thanks so much, this game is absolutely killer!

19. Demoliton

Demoliton Member

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2011
    Sir it is hard to make a PVP arena on Soma??? if it does is will fully show the whole beauty of this game....
    Wish that their are someone who can make it....
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. clegion

clegion GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 5, 2009
    United States
    It is, you have to do the whole thing from scratch , like say programming back the character status (e.g friend-> enemy for instance), building the whole place, putting it into the game, see to that the programming doesn't have any bugs and so on. Even if it isn't that hard, it is a hassle