FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Go week 17 of the GBAtemp book game club. Now the series has been running for quite some time now but we still get new viewers so the quick summary is each week a game gets suggested and then we all discuss it either as a whole or parts worth discussing. Our wish is to have enjoyable games make the list but rather than just have a top ?? games list we have expanded it to also include things worth knowing about, games with interesting mechanics, games that were notable from a industry perspective or something along those lines not to mention the occasional special feature (a compare and contrast for instance) or restriction on the selection (early releases, must be available under a given price....) to mix things up. The games themselves will tend to come from systems we usually cover around here but that is not set in stone and otherwise can draw from commercial releases, homebrew, hacks or something else entirely.[/p]

Soma Bringer DS

Developed by Monolith Soft who are best known for their Xenosaga games on various consoles and Baiten Kaitos on the gamecube this is one of the big RPGs that never made it out of Japan on the DS but also one of the first big English translation hacks to appear but we seem to have met several people over the last few months that did not know of it we thought we would do our part to spread it a bit further. The game itself joins many other RPGs of recent years that eschew the final fantasy style turn based combat in favour of some real time combat similar to the GBA games shining soul or secret of mana depending on the person you find yourself speaking to but with more of a team and tactics leaning although the plot and game universe are more in line with traditional Japanese RPG games but still quite compelling.[/p]
A trailer although some battle and gameplay videos are available​
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwJjVzcZ-KY[/youtube]​

go2911.png
GBAtemp release thread

icon11.gif
 GBAtemp translation thread
download.gif
 Filetrip patch download

Would your thoughts be that the game did not get an official translation for a reason or was it a missed opportunity on the part of Nintendo? Do share your thoughts in the discussion below[/p]
discuss.png
Discuss

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&search_tags=gbagotw&search_app= should get you other links in this series

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Truly a nice game. Was bound to hit game of the week sometime. Was my first english translated game i played on my DS and the first that i finished
smile.gif
I just dont like the zoom in when you try to hit the mobs.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably my favorite game for the DS and probably the only game for the DS that I would play through a second time.

bejiman

Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome game. You should play this if you want some action. Even better when you have friends to play with.

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ah, Soma Bringer! Thanks dude, I was looking all over for the name of this game. Since I haven't played it (yet), I need to get it. Let's check that translation out!

Demoliton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It would be much better if darthnemesis put PVP room in the game.
I love to compete to other soma bringer player out there.
rolleyes.gif

~Stenny

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
best action RPG of the DS and everybody should play this. it has great soundtrack, mechanics and some custom equips.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
DarkStriker said:
Truly a nice game. Was bound to hit game of the week sometime. Was my first english translated game i played on my DS and the first that i finished
smile.gif
I just dont like the zoom in when you try to hit the mobs.
I think you can change your options to not do that.

This game was a great game, although it never came overseas and a retail one was like 1,500 yen or lower. It gets frustrating once you clear the game and you're trying to make the 'perfect' character; it all comes down to the equipment... equipment that bosses drop, that is. Every equipment will have a different combination of bonus(es), so you have to keep trying until you get the best, ideal bonus(es) on the strongest weapons and armory (which can only be obtained through boss drops) ;_;

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo