Translation Riivolution patch : Zangeki No Reginleiv translation for Wii

StratosVX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded the patch and the readme has google drive links for the second half of the patch and the optional patch. However, when I go to those links, the link for the second half of the patch says the file does not exist and the link for the optional patch says "Sorry, unable to open the file at this time."

Lazlo52

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded the patch and the readme has google drive links for the second half of the patch and the optional patch. However, when I go to those links, the link for the second half of the patch says the file does not exist and the link for the optional patch says "Sorry, unable to open the file at this time."
Hmmm, seems true. For now, the links on the first post should work.

Haytham

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Hello everyone, I was wondering if any of you would like to play the game online as a group this week end?

The save files are separated for story and online, which means we could all start from scratch and do beginners missions at first?

@stranno , you could even record our play if you want? ;)

Please let me know, and we could exchange friends codes here.

Have a nice Friday.
I would like to join but can you tell me how can I patch the game

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Good morning,

I just tried the download links, and as far as I'm concerned they work: they do tell you they can't open and must be downloaded instead, but that's due to Google Drive limitation, since the website can't preview files of a certain size.

My advice is to choose to download, as Google suggests you to do, and it should be fine.

Please put a screenshot of the error message online if you keep having problems.

Have a nice day.

EDIT : Weirdly, it seems that the links work on Word, but get broken when the readme is converted to PDF (despite looking identical)?

Anyway, below are the links for your convenience:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VC2a4zx0n_DsWqZkwWXRmzTqc6F93pmP/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xPyA_27okGlXOGR1KOLXNWah-4csbHwL/view?usp=sharing

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I would like to join but can you tell me how can I patch the game
You need to download Wit at the following address https://wit.wiimm.de/

Once you have, follow the steps to extract your iso, replace your files with the ones provided in the patch (be careful with the folders' names), then recreate a new iso with "copy", and that's all!

Please remember that to play online, you have to patch this new iso with the Internet patch provided by dragging it to "network patch.bat".

Every step is explained in the readme, please post screenshots here if you meet any issue.

Last edited by Brand Newman,
Reactions: Maeson

Deleted member 323844

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I finished the game yesterday and I have enjoyed it. As Brand said, it's basically Earth Defense Force (I'd say it is based on the Global Defense Force engine) with a medieval/mythological twist, set on a war between humans, gods and giants, or something like that :lol:

Graphics are pretty cool, it is a big improvement over the EDF Playstation 2 games (I have finished both) on characters, generic soldiers and enemies, scenarios are also quite cool, but there are very few of them (like in every EDF game). Ingame cutscenes are very well done, considering the engine. The gameplay is FANTASTIC, nothing to do with the crappy controls of Monster Attack / Global Defense Force. Motion Plus enhancements are very well done and its a pleasure to rush through the battlefield severing arms and legs from gigants (which is very necessary if you want to craft anything).

The biggest difference with EDF series is that you craft weapons, instead of randonmly obtain them from enemies. There are many classes, a vast number of weapons and most of them are pretty cool to use.

My biggest complain is that the game is way too easy on default difficulty, except two or three of the last levels. Global Defense Force is MUCH harder on Easy/Normal. In fact, I barely could beat the Mega-Godzilla boss on easy difficulty, when I completed the game years ago. It was absolutely insane.

Last edited by Deleted member 323844,
Reactions: Brand Newman

Deleted member 323844

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

Here's the online session Brand and I had yesterday. Excuse the lack of chat communication from my side but in-game chat is a bit cumbersome and takes a bit of getting used to, we also talked through Discord.

Online is pretty smooth, but they're just the single player battles, without NPCs and some weird physics :rofl:

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France

Here's the online session Brand and I had yesterday. Excuse the lack of chat communication from my side but in-game chat is a bit cumbersome and takes a bit of getting used to, we also talked through Discord.

Online is pretty smooth, but they're just the single player battles, without NPCs and some weird physics :rofl:

Thank you for your video and for playing with me, @stranno

I must say I forced myself to use online messages so they would appear in your vid, but using modern social media is far much better nowadays!:lol:

Everybody, please forgive me for being so bad at the game, but I had forgotten how tricky low-level weapons were, and the online mode is totally separated from the story mode in terms of levels and crafting, which means I had gotten used to overpowered weapons and had to come back!

Anyway, I expect some playthrough to be on the Internet very soon!

On another subject, my next project is a Wiiware, so the patching instructions will be a bit different.

It’s still very early, but the game seems to have silly humor in it (which I’ll try to adapt my best, considering the limited amount of characters I’ll have).

I’ll leave you with an example and a screenshot to guess… Let’s meet again in a few months!

Screenshot:
fj0Bwr8.png

Japanese dialog:

“じゃ、あんたはただの暴徒じゃない!”

(“Then you’re just a mob!”)

(暴徒 for “boto” = ”mob”)

“…な、何言ってやがる! 俺はボートでもヨットでもねェ!”

(“What do you mean? I’m not -on- a boat or a yacht!”)

(ボート for “bōto” = “boat”)

Translation:

“Then you’re just a mob!”

“… What do you mean? You take me for a broom!”

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone,

I found the reason why the video download links were broken: apparently they didn't convert correctly when I transformed the "doc" readme into a pdf file, due to the fact that they were two-lines long.

So I reduced the size of the font for the links to fit on a single line, and updated the readme in the patch.

It should be shortly available at Romhacking.net, but in the meantime the links I provided here, or under the Youtube video description, can be used.

Sorry about that, I'll be careful about two-lines links next time!

wiiAdventurer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG. I am pretty sure I know those cherry blossoms. I'm sooo excited!!

That little blurb definitely gives the impression it will be a challenge to translate. Best of luck and thanks!

hairyboyjoey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

I found the reason why the video download links were broken: apparently they didn't convert correctly when I transformed the "doc" readme into a pdf file, due to the fact that they were two-lines long.

So I reduced the size of the font for the links to fit on a single line, and updated the readme in the patch.

It should be shortly available at Romhacking.net, but in the meantime the links I provided here, or under the Youtube video description, can be used.

Sorry about that, I'll be careful about two-lines links next time!

I am new to trying to add a English translation to Japanese games Such as Regine IV was wondering if anyone had a step by step video tutorial on how to do it?

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
I am new to trying to add a English translation to Japanese games Such as Regine IV was wondering if anyone had a step by step video tutorial on how to do it?
Hello and welcome,

Do you have the iso and the Wimms tools? (available for download here https://wit.wiimm.de/)

I've provided a tutorial with screenshots in the "readme", please try this and come back to us in case of any difficulty.

Have a nice day.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hello everyone,

Like some of you had it guessed already, my next project will be a Wiiware!

So, I've created a new thread which you can check at the following address:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/line-attack-heroes-english-translation-for-wii.586680/

As you can see, it's going very well so far, but I'll probably hit a wall with some names and sentences that will have to be heavily rephrased... well anyway, enjoy this first glimpse for the time being, everybody has a nice WE.

flipped

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a phenomenal job you have done, Brand Newman. Thanks a ton, to you and Kaiser_Gummi. Everything works really well and it is astounding to see the results of your extremely impressive skills. Implementation is seamless, text on all screens look great, and the quality of absolutely everything is simply gorgeous. The "readme" very accurately and clearly explains how to implement the patches, and the layout even of that is really cool.

The only feedback I have to offer is a counter-criticism to some remarks earlier in this thread: please ignore anyone saying to alter or remove the version information and credits on the game's title screen. You deserve credit for doing all this work and the added information on the title screen is reasonably placed and, in my opinion, nothing that needs to be changed. It's good to go.

I'd seen one previous attempt to translate this game and while good in its own right this is the best one. Thank you so much again for your work on this game.

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
please ignore anyone saying to alter or remove the version information and credits on the game's title screen. You deserve credit for doing all this work and the added information on the title screen is reasonably placed and, in my opinion, nothing that needs to be changed. It's good to go.
Thank you very much, I'm glad people appreciate my work, and that these "semi obscure" games (but is Zangeki that obscure after all?) get the second chance they deserve!

About the version information, I'd say it serves the purpose of making people know whether they use the latest version of the patch or not : while I try to release a very polished version from the first attempt, sometimes people will discover a minor issue or (even worse) a freeze or some Japanese left untranslated.

So that's the main reason I leave a version number I can increase whenever necessary :D

Thank you again for your encouragement, next project is on its way!

Have a nice evening.

brut_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I extracted iso and got two folders (DATA and UPDATE) in DUMP folder, there's nothing about this in readme. what do i do? i used wbfs file converted to iso.

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
I extracted iso and got two folders (DATA and UPDATE) in DUMP folder, there's nothing about this in readme. what do i do? i used wbfs file converted to iso.
The files are located in the data folder. Seems to me you used a wbfs that had the Wii iOS information dumped, but you won't need it anyway (from what I understand, the update was to make sure the games would work on an outdated Wii, but it mainly caused soft modded Wiis to go back to their original state, or worse, get bricked)

Last edited by Brand Newman,
Reactions: brut_

todorko985

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hello Brand,

I am trying to patch a game to play via loader. Do I have to replace content of network folder? Network folder is in SD Card/REGIN_eng folder but there is nothing about that folder in Read me.

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Hello Brand,

I am trying to patch a game to play via loader. Do I have to replace content of network folder? Network folder is in SD Card/REGIN_eng folder but there is nothing about that folder in Read me.
Hello,

The Network folder basically contains all the "online" part (messages, mission descriptions, menus, font, etc.)

It is not mandatory in the way that people who don't intend to play online can do the story mode without it, but I advise you to replace all the folders with their translated counterparts nevertheless.

You see, even if these are online missions, you can still play them solo (assuming you've patched the iso with the "wifi menu patch kit" enclosed first), so not translating / playing that part is like missing half the game!

Hope I could be helpful. Good night!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think