ROM Hack [Release] Yet Another Theme Application PLUS (YATA+ ,3ds theme editor)

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Oh. I think I figured it out. I had a bgm file still open and paused in Windows Media Player. I presume that YATA+ LITE always puts its temporary bgm file in the same place

EDIT: Yup. That was definitely it.

Yep, that's why i don't recommend the lite version, it's only for who doesn't want to install windows media player, if you have it installed you should not use the lite version, because the "standard" version doesn't have these kind of problems

HexZyle

Pretty Petty Pedant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yep, that's why i don't recommend the lite version, it's only for who doesn't want to install windows media player, if you have it installed you should not use the lite version, because the "standard" version doesn't have these kind of problems

I wasn't using the standard version because it sometimes hangs while loading bgms, it's a little annoying. But I'll use it if it has more support, I guess.

Question, what are the "Bottom screen - frame" 1 through 3 in the CWAV replace window?
And there also seems to be a lot of sounds missing from that window, have these just not been identified in the dump or however Nintendo saves the sound files yet?

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I wasn't using the standard version because it sometimes hangs while loading bgms, it's a little annoying. But I'll use it if it has more support, I guess.

Question, what are the "Bottom screen - frame" 1 through 3 in the CWAV replace window?
It's when there is screen movement / image change involved with the scroll.

HexZyle

Pretty Petty Pedant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It's when there is screen movement / image change involved with the scroll.
I tested this and nothing happened. Do they have to be shorter than a certain length? Because I used a 0.18 second clip for it that worked for the Cursor Movement, but it didn't work for them.

HexZyle

Pretty Petty Pedant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Try using flipbook for bottom screen!

Ah, I thought it might be restricted to flipbook mode.

Uh, the standard version just threw the exact same error when refreshing after a CWAV import.

Last edited by HexZyle,
Reactions: SomeGamer

HexZyle

Pretty Petty Pedant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Do you still have that bgm.wav opened in another player or multiple YATA+ instances opened ?
Nope. In fact, the normal version is more buggy than the LITE in this case as even if you stop the bgm from playing in the inbuilt player, it still causes an error when reloading the theme (unlike the LITE version where you can simply close the external player to release bgm.wav)

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Nope. In fact, the normal version is more buggy than the LITE in this case as even if you stop the bgm from playing in the inbuilt player, it still causes an error when reloading the theme (unlike the LITE version where you can simply close the external player to release bgm.wav)
Strange, it doesn't happen to me

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Do you have BGM set to auto-play on theme open in Preferences? (Might I add, is the default setting) Does the theme you're opening have a bgm?

of course that i do, i open YATA, the bgm plays ,then i close YATA and it works, and yes that's the default setting....

I just released YATA+ 1.5 that should fix this problem (i think, the temp folder won't be used anymore), and others too in both versions, try it

blmurphy00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive been having trouble with the bgm sound file even with the 1.5 version. Ive made sure multiple times its under 3.3 MB but the sound file refuses to play on my custom theme. PLz help. And yes I have already made sure the bgm was enabled yet still no sound

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol