ROM Hack [Release] Ultimate GBA VC Injector for 3DS

Add the feature to patch already existing GBA CIAs to modify ghosting and color options?

• Yes

Votes: 73 82.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don't care!

Votes: 14 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
I have already injected a hack (Pokemon Throwback) but didnt apply the patches for ghosting/colours.

It's been working great, no issues at all, though I can see what people mean with dullness of colours and ghosting. If I repeat the process with the patches and install the CIA again, will I lose my save file?
Yes. You have to backup your save using godmode9 or decrypt9.

To do that just launch the game you have to backup (like if you are going to play it), then let it load (wait until the screens are black). Then just quit the game without doing anything and reboot the 3ds. Launch now godmode9 or decrypt9 and go to the GBA save backup option and select it.

Those programs only backup the save of the latest launched GBA game, that's why you have to launch it first (to ensure that you're backing up the proper game). This is a limitation of the 3DS's GBA "emulator".

When you have your backup in your SD just inject the new CIA and install it. It doesn't need to have the same Title ID as the old CIA (if you don't know what I'm talking about just ignore this).

Now you have to "restore" your backup to your new CIA. To do that just launch the new CIA (like we did before to do the backup, but now we are launching the new one). Let it load until the black screens are gone!

Then just quit the game without doing anything and reboot the 3ds. launch now godmode9 or decrypt9 and go to the GBA save restore option and select it.

Now you're done!

Last edited by Asdolo,

bootmonster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. You have to backup your save using godmode9 or decrypt9.

To do that just launch the game you have to backup (like if you are going to play it), then let it load (wait until the screens are black). Then just quit the game without doing anything and reboot the 3ds. Launch now godmode9 or decrypt9 and go to the GBA save backup option and select it.

Those programs only backup the save of the latest launched GBA game, that's why you have to launch it first (to ensure that you're backing up the proper game). This is a limitation of the 3DS's GBA "emulator".

When you have your backup in your SD just inject the new CIA and install it. It doesn't need to have the same Title ID as the old CIA (if you don't know what I'm talking about just ignore this).

Now you have to "restore" your backup to your new CIA. To do that just launch the new CIA (like we did before to do the backup, but now we are launching the new one). Let it load until the black screens are gone!

Then just quit the game without doing anything and reboot the 3ds. launch now godmode9 or decrypt9 and go to the GBA save restore option and select it.

Now you're done!
Perfect thanks, knew you could do that process, was just hoping you didn't have to :)

I actually had been playing originally on the Wii u and was able to import the save from there using the same process, though I have made some progress since then :)

McJordan447

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I've been thinking about the whole VC GBA injection and thought, "Wouldn't it be handy to be able to make GBA VC CIAs on your phone and directly port them to your 3DS with SocketPunch?" So yeah... maybe Android compatibility? I don't even know if its a posibility but... It's an idea! :huh:

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
I've been thinking about the whole VC GBA injection and thought, "Wouldn't it be handy to be able to make GBA VC CIAs on your phone and directly port them to your 3DS with SocketPunch?" So yeah... maybe Android compatibility? I don't even know if its a posibility but... It's an idea! :huh:

:wacko:

just get an GBA emu on Android.

doha057

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Why none of my games are recognized by the database? Even Castlevania Aria of Sorrow used on the tutorial.
Most likely your "roms" are either prepatched or intro edited in some way, you have to use freshly dumped roms, its easy to find but you may have to search for a while. Old VC injector is the best one to recognize them, if the rom is in perfect condition it will show green text. If not, try finding another version.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Btw I thanked ShroomKing before testing the new injector!!! :mellow: So I wanna thank him again :ha: damn its so cool man I love Asdolo and everyone else in the team :grog: you guys rock!!

juniorcba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Most likely your "roms" are either prepatched or intro edited in some way, you have to use freshly dumped roms, its easy to find but you may have to search for a while. Old VC injector is the best one to recognize them, if the rom is in perfect condition it will show green text. If not, try finding another version.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Btw I thanked ShroomKing before testing the new injector!!! :mellow: So I wanna thank him again :ha: damn its so cool man I love Asdolo and everyone else in the team :grog: you guys rock!!
ultimate GBA Injector don't recognize them, but the NSUI does recognize all, still most have no images on database.
What database is that? Where it is?
There's a better way to automatically find banners for my roms?
Thank you!

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina

3DSBurg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm also looking forward for a release ofothe New Super Ultimate injector. I want to play Pokémon Emerald as an install.

Geonho Lee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ips patch cause a random sleep mode problem..
When it start, It works great, but when I do something, it constantly turns into sleep mode.. What's the matter?

mega.nz/#!tsRXxCDL!47Ja5WKg-ZcSEydfXYm7R9RMtYa3fuGGpWObL_XcRP4
mega.nz/#!ItxFWZhJ!ssDViPnEP0-7W4Ui6wvxmu3Fjp5LidoGftLw04tTDgY
test is original rom, and test 2 is patched rom

Ulthos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How can i save and resume games? I am quite new to this(installed CFW 2 hours ago) sorry if this is a noob question.

Ulthos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Saving in games should be the same as an original GBA game.

You can't save state/restore point in this, though.
At Fire Red got errors like,

1M sub-circuit board is not installed. or save error please exchange the backup memory.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol