ROM Hack [Release] Ultimate GBA VC Injector for 3DS

Add the feature to patch already existing GBA CIAs to modify ghosting and color options?

• Yes

Votes: 73 82.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don't care!

Votes: 14 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wowjinxy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, relax, he obviously wants to release something that has as few bugs as possible and the only way to do that is to give it the time it needs. From what he said it sounds like it will be ready within the coming months anyways. If he does release it before he leaves then great, otherwise we will just have to be patient.

Reactions: seseiSeki

trecko1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, relax, he obviously wants to release something that has as few bugs as possible and the only way to do that is to give it the time it needs. From what he said it sounds like it will be ready within the coming months anyways. If he does release it before he leaves then great, otherwise we will just have to be patient.
Hi where to download theNSUI beta?

Did you make a new account as some kind of weird joke? :unsure:

doha057

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
My ROM requires a 128k flash :(
VBA shows the Flash 128K memory, but its actually 64K, and don't worry, Flash memory is the best while working with GBA VC. EEPROM is a bitch, you will have to manually change it to SRAM most of the time. Default SRAM saves are fine too, but I couldn't use save inject on it.

senkunmusashi

@!#?@!?
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Hey there, @Asdolo!

How does one go about determining the save type for a game not immediately recognized by the offline database?

Mother 3 will allow me to save but when re-entering the title, my only option is new game ...

This. How do I get Mother 3 to work perfectly?

Edit : apparently don't sleep patch, and apply SRAM patch? Anyone?

Last edited by senkunmusashi,

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This. How do I get Mother 3 to work perfectly?

Edit : apparently don't sleep patch, and apply SRAM patch? Anyone?
I used this injector (GBA, not NSUI) on the default settings and saving works perfectly. I used Lunar IPS to prepatch the translation instead of using the IPS patcher built into the tool.

senkunmusashi

@!#?@!?
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
I used this injector (GBA, not NSUI) on the default settings and saving works perfectly. I used Lunar IPS to prepatch the translation instead of using the IPS patcher built into the tool.

Thanks. Let me get this straight, you prepatched the fan translation to the original with Lunar IPS, then used this GBA Injector with all settings at default. And everything works perfectly?

I've got a prepatched 1.2 English version, used this injector using default settings but having trouble with saves. Guess i either try get another patched file or start from scratch with the original and prepatch the translation before using this injector then?

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. Let me get this straight, you prepatched the fan translation to the original with Lunar IPS, then used this GBA Injector with all settings at default. And everything works perfectly?

I've got a prepatched 1.2 English version, used this injector using default settings but having trouble with saves. Guess i either try get another patched file or start from scratch with the original and prepatch the translation before using this injector then?
Yep. I patched it myself using the default settings.

Reactions: senkunmusashi

CCF_100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VBA shows the Flash 128K memory, but its actually 64K, and don't worry, Flash memory is the best while working with GBA VC. EEPROM is a bitch, you will have to manually change it to SRAM most of the time. Default SRAM saves are fine too, but I couldn't use save inject on it.
Actually, It's a rom hack, and the person who made it specifically said it needs a 128k flash.

ForestBean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Asdolo. How is your vacation going? Anyways, I am concerned about save problems. I am interested in turning GBA games into Virtual Console. I want to inject Pokemon ROM Hacks like Pokemon: Unbound. Also I want to inject other games like Fire Emblem or Mario. I understand some people encounter save problems. If I use an injector for GBA game ROMs, will the games save as of today's version of the injector? I know there are some ways of fixing problems like the Hexadecimal editing. I just don't want to install ROMs to my Old 3DS XL, to find out they won't save.

Cralex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Asdolo. How is your vacation going? Anyways, I am concerned about save problems. I am interested in turning GBA games into Virtual Console. I want to inject Pokemon ROM Hacks like Pokemon: Unbound. Also I want to inject other games like Fire Emblem or Mario. I understand some people encounter save problems. If I use an injector for GBA game ROMs, will the games save as of today's version of the injector? I know there are some ways of fixing problems like the Hexadecimal editing. I just don't want to install ROMs to my Old 3DS XL, to find out they won't save.

Give the beta injector from Reddit a few posts above yours a try. It should be compatible with all GameBoy advance games without needing any patches or tweaking.

Last edited by Cralex,
Reactions: ForestBean

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need someones assistance. For whatever reason, I am unable to both inject a game and make it run and/or save successfully. I'm not sure if it is the game, the injector, or me (it's probably me), but nothing I try works. I even tried the Reddit injector a few messages up, but it just hangs infinitely when I go to create a new project. I either crash the injector, can't load the game, or can't save it upon loading.
If someone would be kind enough to try and see if they can get the game to work successfully, or if they run into the same issues. I have included the .gba file, a .ips file, and a .jpg to use as an icon for the game. If someone does try their luck, and creates a fully functioning .cia, a PM from them containing said .cia would be much appreciated.
I think linking the .gba file is a banworthy (or at least mod-worthy) offense. Might want to remove that

intromission

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This seems like a great tool. Confused though, what kind of settings should I be setting for FFVI Advance, especially regarding sram (save?)
There exists a few patches for this rom that fix sound, colors, and font. I believe they require the European version. Do I have to use some sort of editor on the rom with these patches before this process? Also, once I have a file ready, what do I do on the 3DS end?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1