ROM Hack [Release] Shameless - An easy-to-use eShop ticket -> QR code generator for FBI

windhazard

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry for the noob question, but if I install ticket on sysnand without a CFW, will the game be downloadable/installable/playable?

JordenNixNix

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Sorry for the noob question, but if I install ticket on sysnand without a CFW, will the game be downloadable/installable/playable?

No,
The eShop will mark the game as redownloadable.
But,
you will get an error around 80% or at the end of the download in the eShop.

If you already install a game with CFW and run without CFW the next time, you will get an error message to redownload the game when you launch it.

There's one exception, tickets from legit cia. But you need to visit the eShop once and repair the title in order to get the seed.

dancorn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it seems the URL shortener has caught on and is trying to avoid the automated traffic FBI is generating. This can be bypassed by waiting for the protection timer to expire, then copy and paste the full url into a qr code generator (or input it manually into the fbi key input).

If you want, I will manually rewrite the database for you, it will just take some time. Maybe automation is possible?

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disclaimer: I don't care what you do with this program. I am also not here to argue about the legality of it. It's just a utility.

A short explanation about why I made this:
Since FBI 2.1 came out, it includes an option to install tickets by scanning a QR code with a link to the ticket or a link to a CIA and also install titles by pulling the files directly from the Nintendo CDN.

Summary:
This program makes generating QR codes for installation with FBI a little easier. It has a search box and you can find out how big a title is before downloading it on your console if you want. You can also sort the list by clicking the columns.

Features:
* Search as you type
* Non diacritic search (for example you only have to type in "pokemon" to get all pokémon titles.
* Partial search (again, searching for part of a title's name will list all the titles which contain what's in the search box)
* Title filtering: only display the titles you want to see
* Generating QR code for installation with FBI
* Generating multiple QR codes if the user selects multiple titles. These install simultaneously by FBI.
* Generating all tickets with the applied filter
* Updating the database (this also shows which new titles were added and how many)

How to use:
1. Launch the program and let it prepare the database. Shouldn't take long, it's about a ~0.4MB download.
2. Select a title and press "Generate QR Code for FBI".
3. Scan the QR code with FBI's QR Code install option in the main menu, it will hopefully install the ticket. It will then ask if you would like to install the contents from the Nintendo CDN. Click "Yes".

Screenshots:

1jiCp7C.png

K9NBPWe.png

qF3zsMh.png

WGqSoX4.png

D9zrqgx.png

Download
Source

Feature requests and bug reports are very appreciated.

If you like what I do, you're free to donate some money to help me pay my university tuition:

What are you studying at the university?

Wintendows

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Today I ran into a new problem, whenever I try to install a cia via QR or URL it gives me an error message:

Failed to install from URL.
http://hec.su/dF6A
Result code: 0xD963F808
Level: Permanent (27)
Summary: Internal (11)
Module: Application (254)
Desc: Bad data (8)

Now keep in mind, I've used this tool before and it worked. I've changed nothing about my 3DS. I have updated both FBI and Shameless. And yet right now, this keeps on happening to me. And this goes for every single CIA. I checked if I had enough space left, and it's more than enough. So? What do I do here? Anybody got answers? I really want to play games such as Blaster Master Zero.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Today I ran into a new problem, whenever I try to install a cia via QR or URL it gives me an error message:

Failed to install from URL.
<snip>
Result code: 0xD963F808
Level: Permanent (27)
Summary: Internal (11)
Module: Application (254)
Desc: Bad data (8)

Now keep in mind, I've used this tool before and it worked. I've changed nothing about my 3DS. I have updated both FBI and Shameless. And yet right now, this keeps on happening to me. And this goes for every single CIA. I checked if I had enough space left, and it's more than enough. So? What do I do here? Anybody got answers? I really want to play games such as Blaster Master Zero.
...why would you post that? That's considered warez, and is against the rules. Also, just use freeShop.

Wintendows

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm so sorry, I really suck at these things. I'll look up the rules and prevent myself from doing this in the future.

sqloud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah I think some links are getting a page which is like "this link may take you to another site that could contain viruses or could be a fraudulent or a phishing site" and puts in a little timer until the actual ticket page loads and I think that's messing everything up.

I get te same error, is there a way around this, or just copy to browser and get the full URL?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock