ROM Hack [Release] Shameless - An easy-to-use eShop ticket -> QR code generator for FBI

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Disclaimer: I don't care what you do with this program. I am also not here to argue about the legality of it. It's just a utility.

A short explanation about why I made this:
Since FBI 2.1 came out, it includes an option to install tickets by scanning a QR code with a link to the ticket or a link to a CIA and also install titles by pulling the files directly from the Nintendo CDN.

Summary:
This program makes generating QR codes for installation with FBI a little easier. It has a search box and you can find out how big a title is before downloading it on your console if you want. You can also sort the list by clicking the columns.

Features:
* Search as you type
* Non diacritic search (for example you only have to type in "pokemon" to get all pokémon titles.
* Partial search (again, searching for part of a title's name will list all the titles which contain what's in the search box)
* Title filtering: only display the titles you want to see
* Generating QR code for installation with FBI
* Generating multiple QR codes if the user selects multiple titles. These install simultaneously by FBI.
* Generating all tickets with the applied filter
* Updating the database (this also shows which new titles were added and how many)

How to use:
1. Launch the program and let it prepare the database. Shouldn't take long, it's about a ~0.4MB download.
2. Select a title and press "Generate QR Code for FBI".
3. Scan the QR code with FBI's QR Code install option in the main menu, it will hopefully install the ticket. It will then ask if you would like to install the contents from the Nintendo CDN. Click "Yes".

Screenshots:

1jiCp7C.png

K9NBPWe.png

qF3zsMh.png

-snip-
D9zrqgx.png

Download
Source

Feature requests and bug reports are very appreciated.

If you like what I do, you're free to donate some money to help me pay my university tuition:

Excuse me can someone please help me out i am trying to run this application on my windows 7 laptop and it keeps force shutting itself by giving me this error saying that it couldn't read it to either see whats causing the problem or close the program :( i would really love it if someone knew how to fix this problem.

hyperhunt621

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Stupid question, but I'm gonna assume that--just like the freeShop, that this no longer works in terms of downloading/generating QR codes?

I'm getting an "unhandled exception has occurred" error as soon as I go to download the database, which I just assume has to do with the tighter measures against stuff like this nowadays.

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
Stupid question, but I'm gonna assume that--just like the freeShop, that this no longer works in terms of downloading/generating QR codes?

I'm getting an "unhandled exception has occurred" error as soon as I go to download the database, which I just assume has to do with the tighter measures against stuff like this nowadays.
Yeah this no longer works

darmun123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I got "Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: <. Path ", line 0, position 0. Then, i can press Continue, Details or Exit. If i press exit, it closes Shameless. If i press details, it gives (dont judge me because im spanish:

Consulte el final de este mensaje para obtener más detalles sobre cómo invocar a la depuración
Just-In-Time (JIT) en lugar de a este cuadro de diálogo.

************** Texto de la excepción **************
Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: <. Path '', line 0, position 0.
en Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseValue()
en Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JArray.Load(JsonReader reader, JsonLoadSettings settings)
en Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JArray.Parse(String json, JsonLoadSettings settings)
en Shameless.Tickets.DatabaseParser.ParseFromDatabase(String databasePath, String sizesPath)
en Shameless.MainForm.<checkUpdatesButton_Click>d__24.MoveNext()
--- Fin del seguimiento de la pila de la ubicación anterior donde se produjo la excepción ---
en System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

************** Ensamblados cargados **************
mscorlib
Versión del ensamblado: 4.0.0.0
Versión Win32: 4.7.3260.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
Código base: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Shameless
Versión del ensamblado: 1.8.8.0
Versión Win32: 1.8.8.0
Código base: file:///C:/Users/Me/Desktop/shameless/Shameless.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Versión Win32: 4.7.3221.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
Código base: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Versión Win32: 4.7.3190.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
Código base: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Versión Win32: 4.7.3062.0 built by: NET472REL1
Código base: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
Código base: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
Código base: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
Código base: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Windows.Forms.resources
Código base: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_es_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll
Newtonsoft.Json
Versión del ensamblado: 8.0.0.0
Versión Win32: 8.0.3.19514
Código base: file:///C:/Users/Me/Desktop/shameless/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL
mscorlib.resources
Código base: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_es_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll

************** Depuración JIT **************
Para habilitar la depuración Just In Time (JIT), el archivo de configuración de esta
aplicación o equipo (machine.config) debe tener el
valor jitDebugging establecido en la sección system.windows.forms.
La aplicación también se debe compilar con la depuración
habilitada

Por ejemplo:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Cuando esté habilitada la depuración JIT, cualquier excepción no controlada
se enviará al depurador JIT registrado en el equipo
en lugar de controlarlo mediante el cuadro de diálogo.

And if i press continue, it gives a blank screen, with a message saying "Reading data from "db.json" and "sizes.json"...", and it also says 0 titles. I can also click update database, but it gives the same error message of character value path line position etc, and if i click continue, it just says "Parsing...". Help pls

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
I got "Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: <. Path ", line 0, position 0. Then, i can press Continue, Details or Exit. If i press exit, it closes Shameless. If i press details, it gives (dont judge me because im spanish:

Consulte el final de este mensaje para obtener más detalles sobre cómo invocar a la depuración
Just-In-Time (JIT) en lugar de a este cuadro de diálogo.

************** Texto de la excepción **************
Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: <. Path '', line 0, position 0.
en Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseValue()
en Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JArray.Load(JsonReader reader, JsonLoadSettings settings)
en Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JArray.Parse(String json, JsonLoadSettings settings)
en Shameless.Tickets.DatabaseParser.ParseFromDatabase(String databasePath, String sizesPath)
en Shameless.MainForm.<checkUpdatesButton_Click>d__24.MoveNext()
--- Fin del seguimiento de la pila de la ubicación anterior donde se produjo la excepción ---
en System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

************** Ensamblados cargados **************
mscorlib
Versión Win32: 4.7.3260.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
Código base: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
Shameless
Versión del ensamblado: 1.8.8.0
Versión Win32: 1.8.8.0
Código base: file:///C:/Users/Me/Desktop/shameless/Shameless.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Código base: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Versión Win32: 4.7.3190.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
Código base: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Código base: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
Código base: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
Código base: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
Código base: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Windows.Forms.resources
Código base: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_es_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll
Newtonsoft.Json
Versión del ensamblado: 8.0.0.0
Versión Win32: 8.0.3.19514
Código base: file:///C:/Users/Me/Desktop/shameless/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL
mscorlib.resources
Código base: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_es_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll

************** Depuración JIT **************
Para habilitar la depuración Just In Time (JIT), el archivo de configuración de esta
aplicación o equipo (machine.config) debe tener el
valor jitDebugging establecido en la sección system.windows.forms.
La aplicación también se debe compilar con la depuración
habilitada

Por ejemplo:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Cuando esté habilitada la depuración JIT, cualquier excepción no controlada
se enviará al depurador JIT registrado en el equipo
en lugar de controlarlo mediante el cuadro de diálogo.

And if i press continue, it gives a blank screen, with a message saying "Reading data from "db.json" and "sizes.json"...", and it also says 0 titles. I can also click update database, but it gives the same error message of character value path line position etc, and if i click continue, it just says "Parsing...". Help pls
This won't work at all anymore, it's been patched for a few months

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tikShop, TIKdevil, Shameless, and that ticket site are all down.

However, if you are missing tickets due to a SysNAND restore, CTRTransfer, or System Transfer, there are two ways to restore titles not shown in HOME Menu, or those that are marked with grayed out X's in System Settings → Data Management.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol