Homebrew [Release] PrBoom+ 3DS Port (GPU-accelerated)

TheRogueMaverick

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there any IDs for the New 3DS ZL and ZR buttons?
Post automatically merged:

J3RRY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No I don’t think there is personally I have it set to L to shoot, no vertical look and use the stylist to aim, and up on the D pad as my interact if I could I’d use ZL for interact but I think he made this for old 3ds friendly That’s probably why there’s also no previous weapon button.

Elitemaster215

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
How do I get Fistful of Doom and Harmony running on Pr-Boom+ 3DS? I tried the parameters but it loads Doom 2. Maybe I put the Pwads in the pr-boom plus folder.
Nevermind I figured it out. Basically you can only put 1 pwad in the autoload folder. You have to swap It out. For example I put Fistful of Doom in the Doom 2 folder on Autoload and the Pwad folder in the Pr-Boom Plus folder. Let's say for example I want to play both Fistful of Doom and Harmony I have to choose one or the other but not both.

J3RRY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nevermind I figured it out. Basically you can only put 1 pwad in the autoload folder. You have to swap It out. For example I put Fistful of Doom in the Doom 2 folder on Autoload and the Pwad folder in the Pr-Boom Plus folder. Let's say for example I want to play both Fistful of Doom and Harmony I have to choose one or the other but not both.
Yeah if the wads re texture or use dehacked it counters the other pwad and can crash the game some custom pwad maps though do work with gameplay mods like D4V and some of course aren’t always compatible for some reason Going Down makes the games FPS drop but it works on regular prboom.
If any one is curious I’ll put a list of ones I’ve experimented with and work
-D4V
-Boiled Doom
-Struggle:Antaresian Legacy
-DSDOOM3
Wiki prboom custom wads wiki is good to look for more if y’all know any more compatible with it let me know.

Voxel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Will texture filtering ever get enabled, so it looks less pixelated and more like GZDoom?
If you go to Options -> General and go right to the last panel, you should be able to set the texture filter mode to linear/bilinear. By default, the filter mode is set to 'linear mipmap', which acts like 'nearest' (pixellation). Hope that helps.

Reactions: Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
If you go to Options -> General and go right to the last panel, you should be able to set the texture filter mode to linear/bilinear. By default, the filter mode is set to 'linear mipmap', which acts like 'nearest' (pixellation). Hope that helps.
Thanks for this, I wish Bilinear was the default.

Reactions: Voxel

Voxel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for this, I wish Bilinear was the default.
No problem. My rationale for making nearest the default was just to keep it retro-looking that's all, but I was conscious that there are others that do prefer the bilinear filtering, so I made sure to keep the different filtering options functional at least.

boomerang42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On a New 3DS how do you set the circle pad to turn left/right instead of strafing?

I can only get the dpad to turn. I want to strafe with the shoulders (that is working) and turn with the circle pad. The dpad just doesn't feel natural to use for movement the way the circle pad does.

It could also make sense to have the inner shoulders be weapon up/down. I don't see a way to assign those either.

Otherwise this is amazing.

Is selecting iwad/pwads/deh within the program (like WiiDoom could do, for example) something that's planned? It was so convenient being able to do that in WiiDoom. But Doom in 3D is so much cooler.

-D4V
-Boiled Doom
-Struggle:Antaresian Legacy
-DSDOOM3
Wiki prboom custom wads wiki is good to look for more if y’all know any more compatible with it let me know.
What do you mean by prboom custom wads wiki? I can only find this:
https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Category:Boom-compatible_WADs

But out of what you mentioned it only lists DSDOOM3, so that can't be what you were talking about.

Last edited by boomerang42,

J3RRY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On a New 3DS how do you set the circle pad to turn left/right instead of strafing?

I can only get the dpad to turn. I want to strafe with the shoulders (that is working) and turn with the circle pad. The dpad just doesn't feel natural to use for movement the way the circle pad does.

It could also make sense to have the inner shoulders be weapon up/down. I don't see a way to assign those either.

Otherwise this is amazing.

Is selecting iwad/pwads/deh within the program (like WiiDoom could do, for example) something that's planned? It was so convenient being able to do that in WiiDoom. But Doom in 3D is so much cooler.

What do you mean by prboom custom wads wiki? I can only find this:
https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Category:Boom-compatible_WADs

But out of what you mentioned it only lists DSDOOM3, so that can't be what you were talking about.
Might be the wrong wiki I think there’s another that shows you but like I said their not always compatible.

Shy64Guy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to make the controls like doom on the GBA?(Left and Right arrows move the camera and right and left trigger buttons strafe left and right)

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I can only get the dpad to turn. I want to strafe with the shoulders (that is working)
How have you got that working? I tried editing the config and it hasn’t done anything.

EDIT: Okay I realised I should have just checked the Git, editing the joystick entries in the config file has got everything working dandy :yay3ds:

Last edited by Maximumbeans,
Reactions: Shy64Guy

fusermarucs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How have you got that working? I tried editing the config and it hasn’t done anything.

EDIT: Okay I realised I should have just checked the Git, editing the joystick entries in the config file has got everything working dandy :yay3ds:
Do you mean you've got joystick working as 'move and turn' and shoulder buttons as strafing now? Any chance you could upload your config file please? - I tried for ages to do this and couldn't do it!!

fusermarucs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I made fork version to play on my N3DS, which is supporting ZL/ZR buttons.
https://github.com/iAmGhost/PrBoom-Plus-3DS
Thanks for this - the weapon switching is sooo much better now. No more multiple presses on the X key to get the one you want....

However, is there a way to get the analog slick to turn and not strafe? I tried remapping the cfg file but everything seems to change apart from that - the analog stick always strafes no matter what I do.....

I'd love to use analog for forward/backward/turn left/turn right and the shoulder buttons for strafing if possible....
Thanks in advance :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto