Not open for further replies.

arc13

SPAAAACE !
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
How easy would it be to somehow expand the features for downloading DLC and updates such that users can use freeshop to check for new DLC and updates and download them when they arrive?

If it would be reasonable, I'd like to request this feature.
You can already check for updates and dlc in the installed game list ?

Last edited by arc13,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Why? (Just curious)
Because we kind of need one. There are two big questions always asked, "Is it legal?" and "Will I get banned for using it?" There's another question asked, but we're not getting into that. In fact, 90% of my posts on the old thread was just me explaining the legality behind freeShop. So instead of copy-pasting the same replies over and over again, I can make a thread...to copy-paste over and over again.

arc13

SPAAAACE !
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Because we kind of need one. There are two big questions always asked, "Is it legal?" and "Will I get banned for using it?" There's another question asked, but we're not getting into that. In fact, 90% of my posts on the old thread was just me explaining the legality behind freeShop. So instead of copy-pasting the same replies over and over again, I can make a thread...to copy-paste over and over again.
Don't worry, it will be in a bold red on the OP ;)

Reactions: The Catboy

ureru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can already check for updates and dlc in the installed game list ?
I mean for example if you have one DLC for a game but a new one comes out, or you have one update for a game and a new one comes out. It really tells you in that case if there is a new one? I didn't know that, if so.

In the other thread for freeshop, it said:
All DLC is lumped together with the same title id, so even partial installs will show it as installed. If you're missing DLC, just delete it and reinstall it. If eShop partially installed it, or you previously purchased some DLC through eShop on that console, you may lose the DLC freeShop installs when you revisit eShop. This is currently unavoidable.

That's what made me think it wouldn't tell you, if you only had some of the available updates/DLC.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I think it's better to have all the info in one place rather than in separate threads.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thx! You know, It was a tl;dr x) What about the other questions?
If you're not willing the read or search through the thread before asking questions, then you're just being lazy. It's very likely that your question will already have an answer.

As for your other question, I'm almost certain that it will show a changelog with each update; I see no reason why it wouldn't.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I think it's better to have all the info in one place rather than in separate threads.
In most cases I agree, but the legal issues are a separate topic on their own. Legal issues tackle topics like copyright and Nintendo's EULA and are really less about freeShop and more about the legality of homebrew like it

stormesp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Probably ass internet + the wifi chips on the old 3ds are pretty shitty. Somewhere around 500 kb/s while n3ds is something around 1.5 mb if your internet is around that or more.

I could ve wrong since i havent looked at this in a while.
My internet is obviously way more than that. But with Old Freeshop it atleast downloads at 450KBS or so. Its not even close with the new Freeshoop

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Don't worry, it will be in a bold red on the OP ;)
It will be written in a few days. I kind of have to really rework it since it was made before the event that shall-not-be-spoken-of happened. So I really need to re-think some of it

Reactions: arc13

tivanh

Trophies
XP
Country
It's not the freeShop's fault, because I haven't changed anything to the download system.
It is an issue with freeshop, related to 'screen sleep' feature.... Great work to you arc13 and lets not forget the original creator.

You certainly got the cream of the crop, so to speak, in choice of projects to continue and have shown tenacity and grace in taking it on. All respect and appreciation from myself and many others.

Not to take anything from your work or undermine your ability, but do remember there are many talented minds here on gbatemp to bounce ideas around with and help troubleshoot if you need a hand. Don't be shy in moving things forward with assistance if needed, understanding that it does not take from your fork, nor does it questions your ability or takes anything from the reputation and appreciation you deserve in taking this on.

Good work mate.

Reactions: ScientistGreen

arc13

SPAAAACE !
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It is an issue with freeshop, related to 'screen sleep' feature.... Great work to you arc13 and lets not forget the original creator.

You certainly got the cream of the crop, so to speak, in choice of projects to continue and have shown tenacity and grace in taking it on. All respect and appreciation from myself and many others.

Not to take anything from your work or undermine your ability, but do remember there are many talented minds here on gbatemp to bounce ideas around with and help troubleshoot if you need a hand. Don't be shy in moving things forward with assistance if needed, understanding that it does not take from your fork, nor does it questions your ability or takes anything from the reputation and appreciation you deserve in taking this on.

Good work mate.
Ok, thanks for your report, I will take a look in the sleep feature so.

And thank you for your commentary, of course if somebody wants to help me, I will accept it with smile, but I also want to improve myself in 3DS coding, but yeah if something is too hard or take too much time for me, I will ask help here :)

tivanh

Trophies
XP
Country
It will be written in a few days. I kind of have to really rework it since it was made before the event that shall-not-be-spoken-of happened. So I really need to re-think some of it
I look forward to reading this. It is a bit of work to try to cover all the areas that Nintendo sales cover considering the diversity in laws between them.

Not to say you wouldn't, but try keep your personal opinion muted and cover the the laws in these areas clearly.

From a glance of common laws, in some places you don't own a console in the standard definition of ownership, so any modification software or otherwise is illegal. In another patching and/or cfw on a console is fine but sharing or facilitating the usage of copyright material is illegal. The last common being modification and backing up is unquestionable if the console and past/present/future running software is purchased beforehand.

Just an idea, is use a simple algorithm, where one can follow their own situation.

Do i live in a,b,c etc. With brances from each spreading to, do i have cfw, do i have freeshop, do i use my own titlekeys, do i autodownload community title keys etc... Anyway a big task and would be great to see if done in a professional manner which i'm sure your capable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Arne214 @ Arne214: ah ok