DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kwrock0312 said:
since i havent been here since the start of this project, how far has this gone?

like how much of the game has been translated?

and how do i get the beta translated version?

i used the patch in the link on the first post but that doesnt seem to translate it

im sorry if im very noob

that patch uses very little very old data and has alot of bugs and stuff it was released to show people why the project team hadn't released a patch (its very buggy) so I wouldn't bother with it.

On terms of how much has been translated, I'm not sure how up to date the wiki is but if you go there you can see how much has been translated for yourself

hope this has helped and happy holidays
grog.gif

braggy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i've noticed quite alot of freezing when playing a patched NDS file. it seems only to happen when i use Kafra's to save and when viewing specific items. i did the patching myself and i'm convinced that there isn't a problem when i do the patching so maybe its somewhere in the code..... can someone verify that?

Ein-kun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
braggy said:
i've noticed quite alot of freezing when playing a patched NDS file. it seems only to happen when i use Kafra's to save and when viewing specific items. i did the patching myself and i'm convinced that there isn't a problem when i do the patching so maybe its somewhere in the code..... can someone verify that?

It helps if you would back-read a little...
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(DarkWay @ Dec 26 2008, 11:12 PM) that patch uses very little very old data and has alot of bugs and stuff it was released to show people why the project team hadn't released a patch (its very buggy) so I wouldn't bother with it.

braggy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oh sry bout that, i thought the data used was the latest data from the official RO. so basically all i need to do is go back over the lines and replace the data with the new stuff right?
unsure.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dgwillia said:
So...when you said the translation is done, that means the only patch out right now is still the first one?
Who said the translation is done?
We're getting pretty close to being done, but it's not done yet.

There is a patch up on the wiki, but its EXTREMELY unstable and quite old. There has been much more translated and tons more fixed/cleaned up since that patch was put out.
Trust me, when this project is finished, you'll know.

strife18

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
that looks pretty good twiztidsinz.
Does this mean you guys are done the intro or is this just a teaser and you have much more done?
Also is there a link somewhere to get a current patch of what you have done yet? Or are you guys only releasing after finished? If that is the case is there a projected date you guys are trying to be done by?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
strife18 said:
that looks pretty good twiztidsinz.Thanks!
smile.gif

strife18 said:
Does this mean you guys are done the intro or is this just a teaser and you have much more done?We've got much more done. Our primary focus has been on getting the game menus and item/card/equip text translated with the story being on the back burner. As far as I know, all of what is done in the story was primarily translated by kinopiko.
For some reason the translated story was not 'fitting' and would cause the game to lock up. Because our main focus was on getting the game itself to work, fixing the story always seemed to get pushed back.
So while this is mainly meant to be a teaser for you guys and gals.. I feel it also represents us overcoming an obstacle, figuring out what the problems were, understanding how to fix them and learning to work within the limits of the game.
While this may sound a bit excessive and congratulatory... I feel that the rest of the story will be fixed with greater ease now that we've been able to identify the problems we were running into.
strife18 said:
Also is there a link somewhere to get a current patch of what you have done yet? Or are you guys only releasing after finished? If that is the case is there a projected date you guys are trying to be done by?
The 'current' patch (as in an actual patch) is on the wiki, however as I said above, its quite old and very outdated.
If you visit the main GoogleDocs spreadsheet, the main page has two archives with completed files (Translated [untested] and Finalized [mostly tested]) that you can use with DSBuff/DSLazy and RagnarokTrans to build your own translation (the same way we do). However, you should be warned that even with the Finalized set, there are probably going to be problems that cause the game to lockup. If you choose to use our partial translation I highly suggest you save your game often and alternate save files (or even save to both) if its possible to avoid any potential of corrupting your save.
As for patches... The truth is, we have no plans on releasing any patches before it's complete. BUT!!! that doesn't mean we won't.
We don't want to release something half done, but if we can get to a point where we're confident that the files we have translated are 100% working, then we may release a patch (Which could be soon!).

I don't feel comfortable giving out an estimated release date or even month.
When the project first started up we had a ton of people (and a ton of problems) and got a ton of work done. But then came Christmas. And only a few people were still around. We found a rhythm and continued working and got a bit done -- maybe not a whole lot of translation work, but we ironed out a fair number of problem spots, cleaned things up, got a few good ideas to help our organization -- but it really wasn't the same fervor (or team size) we had when we started. I'm not saying people have left the project, but I know people still on Christmas vacation, so it's very hard to make a good estimation with what we currently have.
I can say that I feel confident that you'll be hearing much more from the group after the New Year.
QUOTE(Zane @ Dec 28 2008, 08:11 PM)
Nice work guys! Could mistake that vid for an official English release.
biggrin.gif
Can't wait to actually play this game when you're done. Keep up the good work!
Thanks!
smile.gif

After I uploaded the video, I made a few minor changes to kinopiko's excellent translations to give it a better feel.

Anubis

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Just a heads up, the msg_savekafra.txt script (triggers outside of Coal Mine) crashes your game.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Anubis!
Probable problem (say that 10 times fast) found and corrected on the wiki.
Should work if you update that file and repack your game.

braggy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i got crashing when trying to enter the items menu and also my skill list has no names....
hate2.gif
also i noticed that the msg town menu and msg menu are missing, was there a problem with them?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@Anubis: Added to the list of problems, will have someone look at it tomorrow.

@Anubis,braggy: Please make sure your files are saved in UTF16/UCS-2 Little Endian format before repacking and see if it still crashes.
I have been known to accidently save files as ANSI instead of in Unicode (UTF8/16). Also, I mistakenly used UTF8 for all the txt files I've bundled. While the UTF8 shouldn't pose a problem, mixing UTF8 and UTF16 may cause some as yet unknown issue.
braggy said:
i got crashing when trying to enter the items menu and also my skill list has no names....It kind of sounds like you're using an older version or something went wrong along the way.
QUOTE(braggy @ Dec 28 2008, 10:29 PM)
hate2.gif
also i noticed that the msg town menu and msg menu are missing, was there a problem with them?
Where are you getting your files from? the Finalized/Translated archives? or collecting files from the wiki yourself? If so, pay extra attention to the comment above about using UTF16.

braggy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well i've been slotting in the stuff myself from wiki and every so often i translate some of the other stuff myself, but otherwise the only problem would be that i haven't saved as unicode rather as ansi. i've looked on wiki and msg_town_menu and msg_menu are missing even though they r blue so was it removed coz there was a problem?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To be packed properly by RagnarokTrans you -must- have the files in UTF8/16.
As for msg_town_menu and msg_menu, they were taken off because they weren't finalized and need to be re-worked.

setsuna_exia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can i ask your permission to use your translated files in the main page ragnarok online ds wiki because i want to try and translate this game and if i ever encounter any problems regarding the files i used to translate this game i will notify you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: I asked one of my fave translators