Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noitora said:
wtf? just how many noobs are there in this topic?...
Yo, get lost loser, nobody adressed you, get back to your cave.
He's also one of the team members. You'd know this if you had anything to do with the project =P

Noitora

::
OP
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
DarthNemesis said:
Noitora said:
Yeah, feel free to lock this topic now mods, Darthnemesis can create a new one.
Nuuuuu don't put me in charge of this noob magnet D=
Why shall I continue since I don't have anything to do with this project? Really, I don't know any Japanese, I'm using my dictionary to translate basic stuff, I don't check the wiki at all but if you told me to compile a patch with what's translated so far on the wiki, you know I'd do it, just like I did with the first patch. I wasn't expecting this from you DarthNemesis, after showing you those classic thongs.

I don't ask for fame or whatever you people think but it gets into my nerves when someone comes in and says "who are you?" to me, the heck, I might have done nothing to aid this translation but everytime you open the thread I'm in the first post.

Dominator

the world end without you
Trophies
Website
www.ipodtutofast.com
XP
Country
France
Noitora Dont be sad i think it just a litle joke and not flame at all

you prove you can do awesome translation by the past so no worry we know you
tongue.gif

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noitora said:
I wasn't expecting this from you DarthNemesis.
No hard feelings, I'm just defending the people who have put a lot of effort into the translation when you question who they are.
There's no reason for you to keep dealing with this thread... honestly there doesn't really need to be a project thread until a patch is ready.

Anubis

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Darth, is there a character limit for the names in item.txt? Because when I use the translated version of that file it makes my game crash when I try to equip some items?

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anubis said:
Darth, is there a character limit for the names in item.txt? Because when I use the translated version of that file it makes my game crash when I try to equip some items?
It's probably around 18.

Wacko`

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Been following this thread since day 1, just wanted to drop by to say thank you to the team. That includes you, Noitora
wink.gif

Anubis

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I love how everyone keeps thanking Noitora even though he's pretty much just in the background on this project.

DarthNemesis said:
Anubis said:
It's probably around 18.

Well, there are a lot of items on that list that have more than 18 characters, you think that's what might be causing the crashes?

EDIT: Ok, those items seem to work with the latest changes. I really don't get why, but they do.

PHL2008

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hello to you all, thank you for you efforts in translating this, but i am running into a little problem, my load save screen crashes, and new character creation crashes after adding stats. did i patch with a bad file? or was there something else that went wrong?

any help is much appreciated.

Linh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey guys, first of all, thanks a lot for the patch and translation, keep going!!^^ Ok, now i have one problem: Hmm, if i select the third character, the game freezes. Maybe someone can fix it, but i trust you a lot and you can do it^^. Ok, another one, i cannot read Japanese x). Therefore, i dunno what kind of mission i have to do. Can anyone give me a link where i can "read" the Kanji, cause if i want to open a japanese website, ill only see boxes and weird signs xD. Meaning that i need a programm where i can install those signs.

Thanks

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Linh said:
Hey guys, first of all, thanks a lot for the patch and translation, keep going!!^^ Ok, now i have one problem: Hmm, if i select the third character, the game freezes. Maybe someone can fix it, but i trust you a lot and you can do it^^. Ok, another one, i cannot read Japanese x). Therefore, i dunno what kind of mission i have to do. Can anyone give me a link where i can "read" the Kanji, cause if i want to open a japanese website, ill only see boxes and weird signs xD. Meaning that i need a programm where i can install those signs.

Thanks
Are you using XP? If you are, you need the original installation CD. Go into the Control Panel and go to Language Settings, then install support for East Asian Languages. It will install the necessary files from the CD.

@Noitora: Do you think you could possibly put up a list of everyone directly involved with the translation and ROM hacking/patch creation in the first post? It would be nice if everyone were properly credited.
wink.gif

@ translation team: Sorry I haven't been able to help out much these past few days. I had to get a lot of shopping done, and now I'm out of town visiting family for the holidays and have limited access to a computer. I'll be back and ready to work on the translation again after New Year's Day.

Have a happy holiday everyone!
smile.gif

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Densetsu3000 said:
@Noitora: Do you think you could possibly put up a list of everyone directly involved with the translation and ROM hacking/patch creation in the first post? It would be nice if everyone were properly credited.
wink.gif

The list of contributors is posted on the wiki.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
xdarkx said:
The list of contributors is posted on the wiki.
Cool
smile.gif

I usually don't check the wiki because the translation spreadsheet isn't accessible from there.

At any rate, I'm trying to convince my cousin to let me install Japanese text support on his PC so I can see the characters and work on the translation while I'm away from my own PC. He's one of those types who doesn't like other people installing crap on their machine, which I totally understand because I'm like that too
tongue.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Densetsu3000 said:
I usually don't check the wiki because the translation spreadsheet isn't accessible from there.
Everything on the wiki is updated.
The link to the Spreadsheet now leads to our (active) spreadsheet rather than Noitora vandalized, locked and abandoned spreadsheet.
From the spreadsheet you can view all of our work and chat with those whom are translating the project. Feel free to join us, show your support or ask questions, but please keep the 'when will it be done??' and 'is it ready yet??' comments to yourself.

Any patches we release will be posted on the wiki when we deem they are stable enough for public testing. And for those of you who like to live dangerously, I try to keep an updated compilation of files in two flavors: Daring and Extra Daring.
Users wishing to get a sneak preview can get DSBuff/DSLazy and RagnarokTrans v0.3 and then visit the GoogleDocs worksheet via the Project Wiki and find my compilations. Daring users would want to get the Finalized set which we have gone over to fix for size lengths, while those who want to live a bit more dangerously can get the Translated set which has more files, but are less polished and will more likely cause crashes.
However, I should note that both sets of files are NOT stable and will most likely cause crashes or have other anomalies in the game.

For those interested, here is a list of contributors to the project:
  • andyjayne
  • DarthNemesis
  • Densetsu3000
  • Dominator
  • hikaray
  • kichiru
  • kinopiko
  • kuroneko
  • lekyryu
  • litcomet
  • manarofl