Status
Not open for further replies.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any chance of a new patch soon, i would love to have the translated stats in my game
tongue.gif
(is going on vacation for a week).

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Anubis said:
Brawan said:
The translation just work to the kafra menu and names menu, the items, cities....... no work.

Is this correct? I ask it because in the wiki we can see the items and some more.
Some error or what?

"What" pretty much sums up your reply.
Look up Jesus, this question was already answered like 10 times... one of them... IN THE REPLY ABOVE YOU!

I was getting annoyed by the repition of this type of question aswell I'm glad you posted something about it instead of me as I don't think I would have been as polite
yaynds.gif

Trying to be polite I will say;

Before you post a stupid question like how much is translated in this patch?, the patch crashes the game what gives? or how do I patch this rom?

READ ALL OF THE POSTS IN THE THREAD as these question have already been answered SEVERAL times previously
dry.gif

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
dgwillia said:
Any chance of a new patch soon, i would love to have the translated stats in my game
tongue.gif
(is going on vacation for a week).From the first post:QUOTE(Noitora @ Dec 18 2008, 01:32 AM) Also, don't ask when a patch will be released, I simply won't answer...
Since he and Darth Nemesis are working on the patch, unless they say anything about a patch release, nobody knows when the next patch will be released.

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually, Noitora only made the patch out of old translations. I don't know what else did he do besides that.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Densetsu3000 I think you have a valid point and all I can say to the people that want to know when the next patch is going to be out is,
it will be a suprise for everyone except the people working on the patch.............unless they get seriously drunk and somehow manage to release a patch heavily under the influence of alcohol then it'll be a suprise to them aswell
laugh.gif
but back to the point, just sit tight and wait until one is released. until that time comes

Merry Tempmas the beers are on you
grog.gif

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noitora isn't involved in the project at all, and I'm mostly only helping from a technical standpoint. The translation is a group effort between a number of translators and testers.

If you really can't wait to play the game in English, you can always use RagnarokTrans to insert translated lines from the wiki.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DarthNemesis said:
Noitora isn't involved in the project at all, and I'm mostly only helping from a technical standpoint. The translation is a group effort between a number of translators and testers.

If you really can't wait to play the game in English, you can always use RagnarokTrans to insert translated lines from the wiki.
Thats not a bad idea DarthNemesis
happy.gif

I've never tried rom hacking before but hey there's never a better time to start learning than now I'm a fast learner and I have some basic coding skills if its needed (very basic)
yaynds.gif
if I can actually get it working without too many problems then I'll have a look at making it into a patch and uploading it for you all but only if the project team don't mind me uploading it? (and thats only if it works) considering they are spending their free time to do this for free for all of us aswell as themselves
wub.gif

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dominator said:
personally I spent like 4 hour per day on this translation, I use my free time. I translate a litle ( more fix than translation) and i mainly test the game.

We are a good team, the translation going fast
good team?
blink.gif
are you mad?
wacko.gif

Your a frikkin awesome team I wish I was able to help out more with this project...more towards the testing side as I have no confidence in what little japanese I know
ph34r.gif

keep up the good work and thank you
yaynds.gif
grog.gif

malodorous101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DarkWay said:
I'll have a look at making it into a patch and uploading it for you all but only if the project team don't mind me uploading it?
We are perfectly capable of making patches ourselves and will release one ourselves at an appropriate point. It's worth waiting for the full translation.

Dominator

the world end without you
Trophies
Website
www.ipodtutofast.com
XP
Country
France
yeah yesterday we taking time to see if t we are ready to release a patch. but hmm here is some crash and mistake, so we take our time to release an awesome and clean patch

more you'll wait more the patch will be good

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DarkWay said:
DarthNemesis said:

Thats not a bad idea DarthNemesis
happy.gif

I've never tried rom hacking before but hey there's never a better time to start learning than now I'm a fast learner and I have some basic coding skills if its needed (very basic)
yaynds.gif
if I can actually get it working without too many problems then I'll have a look at making it into a patch and uploading it for you all but only if the project team don't mind me uploading it? (and thats only if it works) considering they are spending their free time to do this for free for all of us aswell as themselves
wub.gif

malodorous101 said:
QUOTE(DarkWay @ Dec 23 2008, 05:20 AM)
I'll have a look at making it into a patch and uploading it for you all but only if the project team don't mind me uploading it?
We are perfectly capable of making patches ourselves and will release one ourselves at an appropriate point. It's worth waiting for the full translation.
read the damn post before you start having a go at me please, if I've created a working translation using what you guys have awesomely translated wouldn't it save you all the time of trying to fix it again....? from what I've played of my rom it has not crashed once.

I know you guys are perfectly capable of making patches and I know you guys can do it pretty darn well, it was DarthNemesis who inspired me to unpack my rom make the changes plus a few simple translations added by myself (if my memories correct then the littles bit I added is also more or less correct) and pack the rom back up again however considering I have encounter no freezes or any noticble bugs (I haven't noticed any) then wouldn't it be handy for this to be made into a patch and uploaded save you guys the time, I mean if what I've done has somehow helped to rectify the freezing problem then surely thats a good thing?

I personally am able to wait for officially releases the only reasons why I decided to have a crack at doing this is because I would like to learn how to hack roms and get better with some of the simpler translations, I also did this to see if I could actually get a rom I hacked myself to work again.

so I'm not trying to step on anyones toes I'm not trying to steal the limelight and I'm certainly not trying to take any credit for it you guys get all the credit I mean seriously look at what you've all done in such a short space of time!!! and I would never have posted anything without the permission of the translators.

unsure.gif

malodorous101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DarkWay said:
malodorous101 said:
DarkWay said:
read the damn post before you start having a go at me please, if I've created a working translation using what you guys have awesomely translated wouldn't it save you all the time of trying to fix it again....? from what I've played of my rom it has not crashed once.
It's not a problem with the patch itself, it's a problem with the translations. The memory is allocated/deallocated (to messages, map changes etc) in a slightly strange way so the crashes all come from translations which don't take into account the memory restrictions properly. As far as I know the released patch was made using old data anyway so that's why it was crashing.

The reason it's not crashing for you is not because you patched it in a certain way but because you're using more up-to-date translations which have been tested and verified as working.

Just be patient. It won't take too long at this rate.

Noitora

::
OP
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
malodorous101 said:
DarkWay said:
Sorry, but who are you? Are you in "the team" as a translator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5