OP
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
twiztidsinz said:
To all who's interested... Here is our first OFFICIAL patch.
This is mostly a 'test' patch for me in order to test some technical things out, but I figured I'd release it to everyone. This should be -mostly- stable, but I make no guarantees.
btlmes
msg_aco_guild
msg_arc_guild
msg_asa_guild
msg_bar_master
msg_bls_guild
msg_butterfly_0
msg_butterfly_1
msg_card
msg_consumption
msg_dld_guild
msg_equipment
msg_equipment_name
msg_eventitem
msg_fame
msg_gld_kafra
msg_gminfo
msg_hun_guild
msg_interrupt
msg_job
msg_kafra
msg_kng_guild
msg_kwo_guild
msg_map
msg_mer_guild
msg_mgc_guild
msg_nameEntry
msg_option
msg_password
msg_pre_guild
msg_restart
msg_savekafra
msg_shm_guild
msg_skill
msg_skill_sub
msg_state
msg_sundries
msg_swd_guild
msg_thf_guild
msg_tko_guild
msg_town_menu
msg_town_menu_sub
msg_wiz_guild
Missing from this list is msg_menu, because the file is causing issues. I am currently working on fixing that file as well as adding more to the finalized story scripts (So far, up to the first dungeon is scripted except for the tutorial).
With any luck, I'll have another patch up either Monday or Tuesday that has more files and maybe even the menu fixed.

[title:Project Contributors]
Code:
DarthNemesisÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂProject Lead
andyjayne (malodorous101)ÂÂÂÂÂÂ Main Translator
Densetsu3000ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂMain Translator
kichiruÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Main Translator
litcometÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂMain Translator
manaroflÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂMain Translator
Ricouard77ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂMain Translator
sumiÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂMain Translator
Teenage LinkÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂMain Translator
Templar of Eva (Kira Yamato)ÂÂÂÂMain Translator
Vivid RequiemÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Main Translator
Yamakawa BrosÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Main Translator
artlanwolfÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂTranslator
DominatorÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Translator
hikarayÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Translator
kuronekoÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂTranslator
Leky Ryu (Leky)ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Translator
temporalcaskÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂTranslator
wakarukayaÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂTranslator
bobby_digitalÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Tester
KafkeÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Tester
MW (braggy)ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Tester
twiztidsinzÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Tester/Editor
AcousticÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂOriginal Contributor
lcleongÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Original Contributor
MokaÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂOriginal Contributor
NoitoraÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Original Contributor
psycoblasterÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂOriginal Contributor
RomrutoÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Original Contributor
http://www.filedropper.com/ragnarokdstranslation

It's very simple to use:
1). Decompress the archive (UnRAR/UnZip -- Use 7-Zip or your favorite archive utility.)
2). Drop your UNMODIFIED and UNTRIMMED game ROM onto the file called "Drop rom here.bat"
3). After XDelta finishes patching your game.... play!

To answer the question of where to get the ROM file, you can start by going here.

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Densetsu3000 said:
Helpful Links for Translating RO:

Ragnarok Online Database - When translating the name of an item, weapon, armor, etc., use this database to check if it exists in RO. It can also be used to make sure that the spelling of words are consistent with established RO terminology.

Rikaichan - This is actually a plugin for Firefox. After installing, simply enable it in your browser. When you open a Japanese website, if you hover your mouse over any Japanese word it will show you the hiragana/katakana pronunciation for it as well as the English word for it. It's like magic!

Eijiro on the WEB - An online EnglishJapanese dictionary (it goes both ways). Requires basic Japanese reading ability to use properly, but then again if you can't read Japanese you shouldn't be translating anyway.

Jim Breen's WWWJDIC - This has been around a long time and is well-established, and is great for looking up kanji especially if you can't pronounce the kanji. More useful for instances where you can't simply cut and paste the kanji into an online dictionary (like when you're translating an image file with kanji on it), but looking stuff up is time-consuming. Recommended only for the occasional "uncommon" kanji a translator might encounter.

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Noitora said:
psycoblaster said:
unorganization doesn't really matter if there is a result.
There was no result. I said that also in the other topic.
in the korean community, many people randomly posted translations and screens and tools and all that everywhere in the hangaram team's site and they were able to put everything together into a full FFIV korean translation patch.

I bet these guys can do the same - it's nothing more than translating text on notepad.

Noitora

::
OP
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
psycoblaster said:
Noitora said:
psycoblaster said:
unorganization doesn't really matter if there is a result.
There was no result. I said that also in the other topic.
in the korean community, many people randomly posted translations and screens and tools and all that everywhere in the hangaram team's site and they were able to put everything together into a full FFIV korean translation patch.

I bet these guys can do the same - it's nothing more than translating text on notepad.
Did they post google translations?

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Densetsu3000 said:
Helpful Links for Translating RO:

Ragnarok Online Database - When translating the name of an item, weapon, armor, etc., use this database to check if it exists in RO. It can also be used to make sure that the spelling of words are consistent with established RO terminology.

Rikaichan - This is actually a plugin for Firefox. After installing, simply enable it in your browser. When you open a Japanese website, if you hover your mouse over any Japanese word it will show you the hiragana/katakana pronunciation for it as well as the English word for it. It's like magic!

Eijiro on the WEB - An online EnglishJapanese dictionary (it goes both ways). Requires basic Japanese reading ability to use properly, but then again if you can't read Japanese you shouldn't be translating anyway.

Jim Breen's WWWJDIC - This has been around a long time and is well-established, and is great for looking up kanji especially if you can't pronounce the kanji. More useful for instances where you can't simply cut and paste the kanji into an online dictionary (like when you're translating an image file with kanji on it), but looking stuff up is time-consuming. Recommended only for the occasional "uncommon" kanji a translator might encounter.

*EDIT*
Damn, I wanted this to be the second post so everyone could see it more easily.
done

Demonstrasys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but there are two translations for a lot of things in Ragnarok, from the iRO and kRO versions, which are we using?

Lord Prime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
biggrin.gif
, nope all my translation were correct actually. thats why ive posted the RO database in the first place

Thank you noitora

Noitora

::
OP
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
Lord Prime said:
biggrin.gif
, nope all my translation were correct actually. thats why ive posted the RO database in the first place

Thank you noitora
It's that Google translations are usually incorrect but if you've checked the RO database for the translations then I take back what I said.

Rigle

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Noitora, I'm translating this game into Spanish...
...If you want, I can write the spanish translation in your file (I think that it's easier than japanese for more people
wink.gif
)
See ya~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol