ROM Hack PSSE - Pokemon Shuffle Save Editor

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
sorry for my question,but what is Crystal hearts?
the infinite time for 1 day?
It's when you buy 10 or more jewels un a single month. Your hearts sprite turns to crystal, you can store 7 renewable hearts instead of 5 and get 700 coins each time to connect instead of 500.

I've kept a bunch of saves about those features from the special shop that was available a while ago, but for now I'm not working on it.

Last edited by supercarotte,
Reactions: Midgetgirl05

Midgetgirl05

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's when you buy 10 or more jewels un a single month. Your hearts sprite turns to crystal, you can store 7 renewable hearts instead of 5 and get 700 coins each time to connect instead of 500.

I've kept a bunch of saves about those features from the special shop that was available a while ago, but for now I'm not working on it.

Do you want my save then or no? Sorry it took so bloody long... Home life has been a bit chaotic.

Kal-El

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Took my save off how I used to using save manager. Booted up your PSSE save editing tool carrotte which went well, stuck it back on my 3ds how I used to and rebooted that. Went into save manager again to import it back in only for it to crash to red/yellow screen when doing it and didn't import it back it. Did I mess something up badly, or do I have to delete the secure value now unlike what I had to do with scries tool?

EmanueleBGN

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
@supercarotte I'm on Windows 10 and I have a problem with your editor (v1.3.13 and v1.3.15): the program doesn't start. I tried to unblock it, to Run as administrator and with the Compatibility Troubleshooter (Win: 8, 7, Vista and XP). Only the original v1.0 works.

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do you want my save then or no? Sorry it took so bloody long... Home life has been a bit chaotic.

Yes, please =)

Took my save off how I used to using save manager. Booted up your PSSE save editing tool carrotte which went well, stuck it back on my 3ds how I used to and rebooted that. Went into save manager again to import it back in only for it to crash to red/yellow screen when doing it and didn't import it back it. Did I mess something up badly, or do I have to delete the secure value now unlike what I had to do with scries tool?

If you use svdt or JKSM, you don't have to worry about secure values because they handle it themselves. If you use save_manager, then you need to patch your secure value before importing (only if the save you edited isn't your latest save). In every case though, PSSE won't do anything about the secure value because it cannot know if the secure value from the file is the latest or not.

You should try importing again, maybe that's your save manager that froze. If it doesn't work, PM me your saves (an edited save and the corresponding original save) so that I figure out what's happening.

@supercarotte I'm on Windows 10 and I have a problem with your editor (v1.3.13 and v1.3.15): the program doesn't start. I tried to unblock it, to Run as administrator and with the Compatibility Troubleshooter (Win: 8, 7, Vista and XP). Only the original v1.0 works.

Weird. Just downloaded it from github and it works fine for me (I'm on w10 too). Also, it should have the same requirements as v1.0...

When I want to launch it, W10 tells me it was downloaded and may be harmful. Did you get that prompt too ?
Also, make sure you don't have any "resources" folder left from a previous version of PSSE in the same directory.

EmanueleBGN

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
Weird. Just downloaded it from github and it works fine for me (I'm on w10 too). Also, it should have the same requirements as v1.0...
When I want to launch it, W10 tells me it was downloaded and may be harmful. Did you get that prompt too ?
Also, make sure you don't have any "resources" folder left from a previous version of PSSE in the same directory.
You're right! The problem was the "resources" folder. v1.3.15 works fine

Kal-El

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, please =)

If you use svdt or JKSM, you don't have to worry about secure values because they handle it themselves. If you use save_manager, then you need to patch your secure value before importing (only if the save you edited isn't your latest save). In every case though, PSSE won't do anything about the secure value because it cannot know if the secure value from the file is the latest or not.

You should try importing again, maybe that's your save manager that froze. If it doesn't work, PM me your saves (an edited save and the corresponding original save) so that I figure out what's happening.

Thing is, back when it was scries tool it would work perfectly using the save manager I could just take it off using that, edit it and slap it back in without any secure value editing. Dunno if anything changed between the two tools since then. I mainly just wanted to stock up on coins, items and just max everything. I'll give it one more try with trying to put it back in.

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It supports v1.3.15, follow instructions from thé wiki of my github repo to extract files from v1.3.16 and make it compatible.

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
How does one do that? I don't understand 90% of what its trying to tell me :-/
I'm disappointed, I made sure it was understandable :cry:
Basically, as Shuffle is updated quite often, PSSE uses it's database files. That way, when an update comes out you only need to input the new files and new Pokemons, stages and mega appear automatically.

In the wiki, I tried to explain how to get those files from the game. You just have to get a copy of your extdata on your SD card, than transfer it to your computer and feed PSSE's resources folder with the proper files. Tell me were you're stuck.

Alternatively, I could update my latest release with built-in 1.316 files ?

Reactions: Midgetgirl05

Midgetgirl05

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm disappointed, I made sure it was understandable :cry:
Basically, as Shuffle is updated quite often, PSSE uses it's database files. That way, when an update comes out you only need to input the new files and new Pokemons, stages and mega appear automatically.

In the wiki, I tried to explain how to get those files from the game. You just have to get a copy of your extdata on your SD card, than transfer it to your computer and feed PSSE's resources folder with the proper files. Tell me were you're stuck.

Alternatively, I could update my latest release with built-in 1.316 files ?

I'm normally pretty good but I'm running on about 3 hours sleep >.< BTW, where should I send my savedata file to? I have beaten all the new levels, and have only NOT 2 ranked like 3, and have only missed catching 3 out of the new levels.

And Random: Do you happen to know what pokemon were all in the Safari with Shiny Gyrados and Shiny Carp?

It's definitely understandable. People just have to put the work into it.

Wow, nice of you to assume everyone understands this stuff. Thanks for making me feel like an idiot.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Wow, nice of you to assume everyone understands this stuff. Thanks for making me feel like an idiot.
I'm not trying to make anyone feel like an idiot. But modding any part of anything requires a bit of knowledge, and in this specific case, you don't even need any, as everything is listed out step by step.

Midgetgirl05

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not trying to make anyone feel like an idiot. But modding any part of anything requires a bit of knowledge, and in this specific case, you don't even need any, as everything is listed out step by step.

I had to have someone via PM explain the whole process of even modding my first 3ds, and then gain while tryin gto do the extract file thing. It's just NOT something I understand all that well, but I AM trying. :-/ I understands parts of it, but computer language doesn't seem to compute well with my brain.

I'm much better at...reading blood test results, or looking at cells under a microscope...or placing a catheter in a fractious dog/cat. That I understand and excel at.

Computer programming in any way just doesn't stick in my brain. :-/ I DO try though.

Reactions: Madridi

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I had to have someone via PM explain the whole process of even modding my first 3ds, and then gain while tryin gto do the extract file thing. It's just NOT something I understand all that well, but I AM trying. :-/ I understands parts of it, but computer language doesn't seem to compute well with my brain.

I'm much better at...reading blood test results, or looking at cells under a microscope...or placing a catheter in a fractious dog/cat. That I understand and excel at.

Computer programming in any way just doesn't stick in my brain. :-/ I DO try though.
That's good for you and generally fine, but what I'm saying that in this specific case, the steps are listed for you, so it can't get any simpler than that. There is nothing programming wise that you have to do. All you have to do is follow the steps on the wiki :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7