ROM Hack PSSE - Pokemon Shuffle Save Editor

Midgetgirl05

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I guess the thing I'm confused at, is how do I know which ones I need to work with and which ones I don't need to. :-/ I understand they each have their own purpose. That I get. I understand each runs a different section of a game. I get that too.

I just don't know which I myself need to work on. :-/ I have all the megastones thus far, I have all but 3 of the new level pokemon caught (and inadvertently accidentally deleted a full safari worth of pokemon, the shiny gyra/magicarp one) and I have all but 2-3 of the new levels at S rank. I WANT to be able to help as much as I can by submitting data I have.

xflamer234

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
I'm disappointed, I made sure it was understandable :cry:
Basically, as Shuffle is updated quite often, PSSE uses it's database files. That way, when an update comes out you only need to input the new files and new Pokemons, stages and mega appear automatically.

In the wiki, I tried to explain how to get those files from the game. You just have to get a copy of your extdata on your SD card, than transfer it to your computer and feed PSSE's resources folder with the proper files. Tell me were you're stuck.

Alternatively, I could update my latest release with built-in 1.316 files ?
Yes please lol

Reactions: Midgetgirl05

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, I guess the thing I'm confused at, is how do I know which ones I need to work with and which ones I don't need to. :-/ I understand they each have their own purpose. That I get. I understand each runs a different section of a game. I get that too.

I just don't know which I myself need to work on. :-/ I have all the megastones thus far, I have all but 3 of the new level pokemon caught (and inadvertently accidentally deleted a full safari worth of pokemon, the shiny gyra/magicarp one) and I have all but 2-3 of the new levels at S rank. I WANT to be able to help as much as I can by submitting data I have.

This time, get the files from extdata.
The cxi contains the last update downloaded from eshop, a.k.a 1.3.0, and extdata contains the files that have changed between that and the current version, a.k.a 1.3.16.
This means next updates will be stored inside extdata until an update has to be downloaded from eshop (1.4.0). When that happens, the game's cxi is updated and the extdata folder is cleaned until a new version (1.4.1) adds or modifies files again.

Also, according to Serebii that safari contained : Shellder Cloyster Pidove Tranquill Unfezant Magikarp (Shiny) Gyarados (Shiny)
Although they should be properly added if you use PSSE's "Catch All Obtainables" cheat.

I'm not at home and have a bunch of stuff to do before heading back, I won't be able to update the release until next Thursday.

Last edited by supercarotte,

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar

It really depends on what you wanted and what you have. For example, if you are not on a fully hacked console, you won't be able to use savedatafiler. Most people use JKSM so that would probably be what you need. So yeah it really all depends on what you have, and then you can pick the steps to follow that you need :)

As for not being sure about what to extract as you have most of everything, just missing a few here and there (did I understand this correctly?), then this doesn't matter. The editor itself will give you the option for all of this. The wiki steps is just extracting the latest game data to incorporate the new additions for the editor.

For example, the 1.3.16 data will tell the save editor that some Pokemon can handle more speedups now compared to 1.3.15

Hope it's clear now :)

cumcad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This time, get the files from extdata.
I'm not at home and have a bunch of stuff to do before heading back, I won't be able to update the release until next Thursday.
Hi, I don't mean to be rude but I have no idea how to compile your master into .exe (and I may not have the tools), so could you make an .exe (the editor) too next Thursday?
Thank you so much in advance :)

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, I don't mean to be rude but I have no idea how to compile your master into .exe (and I may not have the tools), so could you make an .exe (the editor) too next Thursday?
Thank you so much in advance :)

Every update, including the latest, has a pre-compiled .exe. You'll find it in the releases section of my GitHub, and you'll find a new one there on Thursday as soon as I build it =)

cumcad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll find it in the releases section of my GitHub
Um, where is it? I clicked on your sig, tapped "clone or download" and downloaded the zip, but there's no .exe
I really tried to look but can't seem to find it. Could you point me to the right direction?

Seelkadoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi there. Im actually new here and I looking for help. I was downloaded your latest PSSE 'coz I want mess a little with my Suffle save. I made save backup in save_manager, messed it in PSSE and import it to the game but nothing changed. Why this happen? It's because i didn't delete secure value or 'cuz Shuffle was updated to 1.3.16?

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi there. Im actually new here and I looking for help. I was downloaded your latest PSSE 'coz I want mess a little with my Suffle save. I made save backup in save_manager, messed it in PSSE and import it to the game but nothing changed. Why this happen? It's because i didn't delete secure value or 'cuz Shuffle was updated to 1.3.16?

Did you save your changes ? Once you're done editing your save you need to click the "Save file" button, save the new file somewhere on your SD card and import that new file.

Seelkadoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Did you save your changes ? Once you're done editing your save you need to click the "Save file" button, save the new file somewhere on your SD card and import that new file.
I do. Maybe I did someting wrong? I will check it right now.

EDIT: Nope. I do everything right... maybe I will change save manager

Last edited by Seelkadoom,

Kal-El

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Messed up my 3ds trying to switch from brickway to a9hl and forgot to backup my emu to transfer over, only save I have backed up is from january/the other day if I can somehow manage to stick that back in. Does unlock all obtainable pokemon include the special stuff like events, safaris and all that stuff or would that need editing one by one?

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm late but have uploaded a 1.3.16-compatible version of PSSE. Sadly, crystal hearts don't work anymore so I removed it from this build. I guess I was just lucky to get it working in the first place, I'm back to trying to guess what's the problem with those timestamps...

Messed up my 3ds trying to switch from brickway to a9hl and forgot to backup my emu to transfer over, only save I have backed up is from january/the other day if I can somehow manage to stick that back in. Does unlock all obtainable pokemon include the special stuff like events, safaris and all that stuff or would that need editing one by one?
Yes, "Catch All Obtainables" should give you all released events (at the cost of giving you those currently running like stones from competitions that haven't ended yet). Use the version I just released, which has the complete list as of 1.3.16 and you should be fine.

Kal-El

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, "Catch All Obtainables" should give you all released events (at the cost of giving you those currently running like stones from competitions that haven't ended yet). Use the version I just released, which has the complete list as of 1.3.16 and you should be fine.
That's odd, I tried the catch all obtainables only for it to not give me any of the recent ones up to the shiny gyrados and the last event one it gave me was magmortar and didn't count the rest at all.

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's odd, I tried the catch all obtainables only for it to not give me any of the recent ones up to the shiny gyrados and the last event one it gave me was magmortar and didn't count the rest at all.
I downloaded the version I upload and it seems I got all pokemons correctly : I successfully got Giratina Origin, which I think is the latest introduced event Pokémon.
Make sure you delete any "resources" folder in PSSE's directory before launching it or it will load with the older files in it.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
@supercarotte

While I have read the wiki before and it was understandable, I have not updated to a newer resource folder before. So here is what I did:

- I downloaded the unpacker and the latest release
- I ran the release once for it to generate a resource folder
- I extracted via sdf, extracted via the unpacker, and located the files needed (only 12: missioncard.bin was not already renamed)
- I replaced those file in the resource folder
- I run the save editor

Result: Nothing happens.. The editor doesn't run! Am I doing something wrong?

Info: Windows 7 64-bit

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@supercarotte

While I have read the wiki before and it was understandable, I have not updated to a newer resource folder before. So here is what I did:

- I downloaded the unpacker and the latest release
- I ran the release once for it to generate a resource folder
- I extracted via sdf, extracted via the unpacker, and located the files needed (only 12: missioncard.bin was not already renamed)
- I replaced those file in the resource folder
- I run the save editor

Result: Nothing happens.. The editor doesn't run! Am I doing something wrong?

Info: Windows 7 64-bit

Okay, I redid your steps and at first couldn't understand because I got it working fine. But then it hit me that you said MissionCard.bin was number 12 : that was true for v1.3.15 of the game but it can change between updates (because of the list of modified files changes). In the 1.3.17 version's case, MissionCard.bin is number 14.

To know the name of unrenamed files, you need to open them in an Hex Editor. The name of the file is then written in plain text at its beginning, for example this is what 12 (left) and 14(right) from v1.3.17 look like :
t8RPNna.png
7M0CGuB.png

There are unrenamed files because they didn't exist when SciresM created its tool and I don't know how to get every filename and matching ID like he did :cry:...
I'll try to make the wiki more explicit about it though, thanks !:yay:

Last edited by supercarotte,
Reactions: Madridi and Smynos

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe