Hacking Problem updating R4iGold from r4ids.cn, Revision C

avran89

ALWB 4 LIFE!!! MOOSE!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also noticed r4ids.cn updated their site with 1.5.6 wood update on Christmas, I'm gonna format my SD card and install the new wood and see if it updates correctly.

Update: No dice, :hateit: the update still says "Fail"

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

newsbinreporter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Same problem here and have been trying to fix it for the last few days. If you have the Metroid icon, you are probably shit out of luck.

My advice is to avoid buying the R4 Gold for now. I bought one from Zhuzhuchina, it says that it will upload the latest software and it will work with 3DS latest firmare but it does not. Emailed the shop and all he/she had to offer is to wait for R4 team to update.

arrom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I also noticed r4ids.cn updated their site with 1.5.6 wood update on Christmas, I'm gonna format my SD card and install the new wood and see if it updates correctly.

Update: No dice, :hateit: the update still says "Fail"

I tried the same, revision C dorasu - no luck with the latest wood.

avran89

ALWB 4 LIFE!!! MOOSE!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it turns out the cards were mislabeled or bad, might as well just go to DSTwo then. The R4ids.cn team are starting to look unreliable after being semireliable for a while.
They are suppose to be working on some kind of patch. Nonetheless, that is the last time I will buy any R4ids.cn cards

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

gamer765

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are suppose to be working on some kind of patch. Nonetheless, that is the last time I will buy any R4ids.cn cards
The point is, they derped somewhere during manufacturing and possibly aren't acknowledging it and they know they derped and what it was or acknowledge it, but they don't know what the derp was.

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
We will never see the update for Rev C DORASU Icon.
Reasons:
1.A month has passed and they didn't release a patch for it(the card is Rev C, why couldn't 1 version of the same revision card be patched like the others?)
2.It's the same thing like the 4.4.0-10 Update(This patch is designed for R4i Gold 3DS to run on 3DS V4.4.0-10, Please note that it's just for the batchs of PCB digital number >8 (means 9, A,B,C), can be updated with this patch, and we are still working on those old revisions (below "9" , means 6,7,8), will keep it updated on our website soon...soon...soon....SOON..and did they make a patch for them? no they didn't)

I am pissed cause i need to update the 3DS to get the free game from promotion but in the other hand i can't play anymore DS games, and IF they make the update then i still can't update it cause i don't have a DS nor anyone has 1 here.
I got the card last month from ZhuZhuChina and just after that ninty releases the new update and my card can't be update...

Well fuck you r4ids.cn, i should save the 13 $ for DSTWO, now i'll ever get the money for it.

Reactions: giabao8811

gamer765

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a quick question, If I own the card that is unupdatable and I use the patch on it will it brick the card? And is the update link broken for anyone else? link
The card simply won't update. That's what will happen if you try to use the patch on an unsupported card. The card will fail the card check and nothing else will be done. I'll look into patching the update file for whoever is feeling adventurous in testing a card check bypassed update.

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
The card simply won't update. That's what will happen if you try to use the patch on an unsupported card. The card will fail the card check and nothing else will be done. I'll look into patching the update file for whoever is feeling adventurous in testing a card check bypassed update.

Ahh thanks, maybe i'll give it ago then as no harm can be done.

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may try it if you do that. I don't have much use for this card now that it's not supported for 3DS use.
Here's a mirror for the update
http://www.mediafire.com/?i8a3uhufbiml6dd

giabao8811

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nintendovn.com
XP
Country
they told me "Sorry we cant tell how long but we are still working on it for sure...." lol

i'm a seller, i sell their r4ids.cn card revision c and my customer ask me "why we cant update when the r4ids.cn notice there's a new update for it".

i told my customer the patch is fail, must be wait for a moment. But now is more than 2 weeks. If they dont out the new patch, they must post a news on their website to notice the customer. why they still do nothing? this time maybe the last time i ordered their product.

still working? working the the revision 6-7-8-9-a-b???

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1