Hacking Problem updating R4iGold from r4ids.cn, Revision C

gamer765

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys i recently bought a 3dsxl w/ mario kart preinstalled and as everyone said it comes with 4.30 but im going to update to the latest 4.5 one, and i just ordered a r4 gold flash cart from these guys http://www.dsflashcart.com/r4i-gold-3ds-wood-r4i-3ds-flashcard-for-ds-dsi-3ds-p-248.html my question is they come pre-installed before shipping since im going to update my 3ds to the latest firmware can i go online on my 3ds while using this updated cart? and will i have the same problem you guys are having? Seems like most of you are the ones that are not on the 3ds xl so im just wondering.
Typical noob mistake, updating the 3DS before getting the flashcart in hopes that the flashcart comes preflashed. That is the wrong way to do things sir. You should never do that, get the cart first and update it on your 3DS without updating the 3DS first. I received my R4i Gold about a week after 4.4.0 was out and it WAS NOT preflashed to the Metroid patch yet, I had to do it myself. So never make dumb assumptions. Same thing happened with my new SuperCard DSTwo. It came with 1.18 preflashed but not 1.19. I got my SuperCard about 5 days ago.

sinx4lyfe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Typical noob mistake, updating the 3DS before getting the flashcart in hopes that the flashcart comes preflashed. That is the wrong way to do things sir. You should never do that, get the cart first and update it on your 3DS without updating the 3DS first. I received my R4i Gold about a week after 4.4.0 was out and it WAS NOT preflashed to the Metroid patch yet, I had to do it myself. So never make dumb assumptions. Same thing happened with my new SuperCard DSTwo. It came with 1.18 preflashed but not 1.19. I got my SuperCard about 5 days ago.

Hmm that was what i planned to do i never said i updated anything yet but i understand what you mean thank, ill make sure too see if my flash cart is on the latest before updating anything not too sure what the metroid patch is yet ill research more after i recieve my cart thanks for response.

Edit : also contacted the seller of the r4i gold and he said he flashed it for me to the latest to work on my v4.5 3ds (my 3ds is still on 4.3 tho) can i update it again for safe? Or you cant reflash it twice with the same firmware if its on the latest?

doomandgloom

Trophies
XP
Country
I have now spent the best part of 2 days trying to update a rev C r4ids card that is 3 months old with the metroid icon.
Have attempted updates on dsi, DS lite and now phat without success.
Seems some people have had varying degrees of success with updates on this card but don't think a phat will cure your problems.

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi,

I ordred the revision C with "deep labyrinth" icon. I ran the update patch to get the "Metroid Demo" before actually reading the news on the r4ids.cn website and now my cards are loading the game list menu but any game I try to load gets stuck on a white loading screen. Has anybody seen that problem before or know how to fix it. I tried to update with the latest patch but still not working. Need help.
First of all, you should not update your card with this patch.
You should goto http://www.r4ids.cn/r4ids-e.html and check whether your card can support the latest system or not.
Now, the only way is to the online store and request exchanging a good one.

gamer765

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm that was what i planned to do i never said i updated anything yet but i understand what you mean thank, ill make sure too see if my flash cart is on the latest before updating anything not too sure what the metroid patch is yet ill research more after i recieve my cart thanks for response.

Edit : also contacted the seller of the r4i gold and he said he flashed it for me to the latest to work on my v4.5 3ds (my 3ds is still on 4.3 tho) can i update it again for safe? Or you cant reflash it twice with the same firmware if its on the latest?
If they said they preflashed it, then great. But sometimes they say they do, but it turns out to be a lie.

Well this sucks....still cant update mine. Really hope this isnt gonna become an outdated model or something, or thats 15$ down the drain that I barely even got to use.
This is why I also bought a DSTwo, will probably buy another DSTwo when my rev C R4i Gold becomes obsolete (hopefully not anytime soon).

sosayaze

SWEET BABY RAYS
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
koizumi.teknolust.org
XP
Country
Man, this card seems to be so unreliable. I haven't even had mine a full week and it's just given me nothing but headaches. I've managed to update it just fine, and can get into WoodR4 from both DSL and 3DS, but nothing loads. Not even homebrew. Talking to the team themselves, they just said "update to WoodR4 1.5.5" which I was on all along. MicroSD and everything else also still works on my old obsolete AK2i. This card is just such a pain...

kilikman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If it doesn't work on a ds then it's either faulty or not set up right

I'm not sure if you're saying it's the users' faults or if they have broken cards. But if the patch doesn't work for the majority of the userbase then I'm pretty sure it's not just a case of all our DSes magically breaking. R4iDSCN have admitted they're aware of the problem and are working to fix it. All we can do is just twiddle our thumbs until the update finally hits.

But goodness knows when that could be.

lopeets

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my rev c with Kirby icon in the mail earlier today, downloaded R4i V1.64b, WoodR4 and the patch, unzipped everything onto the card and tossed it into my boyfriend's clunky Delorean original DS. It said update success so I stuck it in my 4.5.0-10U 3DS XL and it works great

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
I got my rev c with Kirby icon in the mail earlier today, downloaded R4i V1.64b, WoodR4 and the patch, unzipped everything onto the card and tossed it into my boyfriend's clunky Delorean original DS. It said update success so I stuck it in my 4.5.0-10U 3DS XL and it works great

thats a r4i-sdhc.com card as there the ones that use r4i v1.64, wood wont work on that card
if woods working you dont need the r4i-sdhc.com kernel on there as its not for that card so theres no need for it

craiga

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm not sure if you're saying it's the users' faults or if they have broken cards. But if the patch doesn't work for the majority of the userbase then I'm pretty sure it's not just a case of all our DSes magically breaking. R4iDSCN have admitted they're aware of the problem and are working to fix it. All we can do is just twiddle our thumbs until the update finally hits.

But goodness knows when that could be.

The poster said that the card did not work on their DS and they could not play games. The patch has nothing to do with this. If it won't work on a DS Lite it's either not set up right with the correct wood or the card is faulty.

lopeets

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, thanks! :) I've never used a r4 card before so this has all been a little confusing. My boyfriend suggested it because i wanted to put some pdfs on my DS but hes pretty busy so I've been mostly on my own for figuring out what to order and then what to do with it. I should have just asked someone around here from the start.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Oh, thanks! :) I've never used a r4 card before so this has all been a little confusing. My boyfriend suggested it because i wanted to put some pdfs on my DS but hes pretty busy so I've been mostly on my own for figuring out what to order and then what to do with it. I should have just asked someone around here from the start.

what website does it say on the card?
r4ids.cn or r4i-sdhc.com?

Insane Lunatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I just bought 2 of these cards, and they have the dreaded "Metroid Demo" icon and nothing works, right out of the box. The update to 1.45 does not work, like everyone else here, but the games do not work either. Nothing.

- The R4 has wood 1.55, and NDSI 1.44& 3DS 4.4.0-10
- My 3DS is sitting at 4.3.0-10U

Should I try downloading and running an earlier version of either, to match the 3ds?

Or are the cards completely useless until they fix it?

Mthodmn101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just bought 2 of these cards, and they have the dreaded "Metroid Demo" icon and nothing works, right out of the box. The update to 1.45 does not work, like everyone else here, but the games do not work either. Nothing.

Should I try downloading and running an earlier version of either, to match the 3ds?

the update for 4.4.0-10 will install fine, just the latest one wont work

gamer765

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ouch. Sucks that the cards you just bought are incompatible. Perhaps you can contact the seller and ask for them to send you replacements that are preflashed with the 4.5.0 fix already. I faithfully bought my R4i Gold 3DS from RHS and luckily my card was one of the lucky ones that updated without a hitch, but now I'm starting to get worried that I may not be so lucky the next update. However, I have bought a DSTwo also, so I can remain at ease knowing my DSTwo won't run the risk of being obsoleted so easily. Should my R4i Gold 3DS become obsolete, I will definitely replace it with another DSTwo and be set for a long time to come.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended