Problem updating R4iGold from r4ids.cn, Revision C

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by slmpika, Dec 13, 2012.

Dec 13, 2012
    • Newcomer

slmpika New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I currently have the Metroid Prime Demo Icon on my 3DS (v4.4.0). I downloaded the latest update patch from http://r4ids.cn/r4i-download-e.html. However, when I run the file R4iGold_3DS45_NDSi145_Patch_NDSi.nds on my 3DS, the Card Check fails. Is anyone else having this problem with this update? Pressing B shows nothing, when on the previous update patches, it would display my card information.
    RodrigoDavy likes this.

RodrigoDavy AAAHHHHRRRRRRRR!

Message Count:
    Brazil
    I am having the same problem...

From what I saw in the forum, at least 2 other guys are having this problem too
    • Newcomer

slmpika New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Ok, glad it's not just me. Hopefully they'll release a fixed patch soon.

gettogaara New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Having a similar problem but not the same. I'm on 4.3.0-10 and it loads up but after it's complete, nothing changes. I reset the system and still have the same icon and everything. Not sure what's up since other people seem to be getting it to work.

PsyBlade Snake Charmer

Message Count:
    Germany
    you sure thats it a rev C?
    9,A,B max out at 4.4.0
    6,7,8 even at 4.3.0

btw does anyone have a link for 4.3.0? I have a rev 8 thats not updated. Tnx.

Pong20302000 i might be a Horcrux

Message Count:
    Japan
    are you placing Both the .nds files onto the root of the SD card and have tryied running then both?
    one will pass the other one fails, you only need to run the one that passes
    • Newcomer

krisbi New Member

Message Count:
    Luxembourg
    same problem here. New card rev C with metroid icon bought from nds-card last week.
    Neither file works.

8gb Sandisk card with R4ids.cn card on a nintendo 3ds with V 1.1.0-0E firmware.
    Last edited by krisbi, Dec 13, 2012

[Truth] New Member

Message Count:
    Germany
    I wanted to update on my DS Phat and the NDSL file did not work, but the NDSi did.
    • Newcomer

Dark Fulgore New Member

Message Count:
    Brazil
    I'm having the exact same problem too.
    Tried running both, both fails.

RodrigoDavy AAAHHHHRRRRRRRR!

Message Count:
    Brazil
    It just wont work :(
    JayRo likes this.

GamerzHell9137 Hua

Message Count:
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    The upadte does not work.
    I am on rev c too but it says FAIL for some reason

dronesplitter New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I think they changed the patch again (different checksum for me) but it's still not working on my card either. It says "C" on the back so I know it's the correct revision. 4.4.0 patch still runs fine, I checked.
    Last edited by dronesplitter, Dec 13, 2012
    JayRo likes this.
    • Newcomer

deathboy New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Same problem for me as well. It just says fail. I tried it on a DSI and a regular DS.

gamer765 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Update went fine for me on my revision C card. I updated using my 3DS XL since I dont have a DSi or DS(-L). Icon is now a japanese game.
    • Newcomer

turok4n64 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Happening to me too. I literally just received the R4i Gold version C and tried to apply the patch and it fails.

Jayro PC Repair Technician

Message Count:
    United States
    I'm glad somebody made this thread, i'll be checking back here if anyone gets this working. I have a card with the 1.4.4 update on it (Rev C card) and 1.4.5 won't update. It just says FAIL in green, and pressing B does nothing. Tried with my 4.4.0-10 3DS-XL as well as my DSi-XL, and nothing works. I put both of the .nds files on the root of my mem card, and even tried a fresh mem card with just the wood 1.54 and .nds files... they both do the same FAIL thing. I'm seriously not going to buy a DS Lite just to update this card.

It would be cheaper just to buy a DSTwo at that point... and just keep this card for my DSi.
    Last edited by JayRo, Dec 13, 2012
    dronesplitter likes this.

Message Count:
    United States
    For those lucky few of you that got the patch to work, what was your setup, and exact procedure that you followed? (DS model, mem card brand, previous card firmware, system firmware of DS, etc...) I'm curious to know what could be the "magic recipe" to getting this to work.

gamer765 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I used a blue Mario Kart 7 3DS XL at 4.3.0. My R4i Gold 3DS originally shipped with Kirby Squeak Squad and updated to Metroid Prime Hunters Demo. The MicroSD card I used was a 2GB Kingston I believe. I didn't follow the readme cause im a bad boy and I just placed the NDSi update file at the root of the MicroSD and put it in the R4i Gold 3DS and ran the file and pressed A, waited a few minutes, not sure if this had anything to do with it succeeding, but I put the XL on a flat surface and went to shower. When I came out of the shower, all dried up, I checked the 3DS and it said succeded. I rebooted and voila! new game icon and title. Card boots up fine, but haven't updated the 3DS to 4.5.0 yet. Haven't tested booting on my Red 3DS XL at 4.4.0 either.
    JayRo likes this.

Message Count:
    United States
    Hmm... At least you have a good success story. I'll try with different mem cards and experiment with FAT vs FAT32, if it makes any difference. Thanks again for the details. :)

dronesplitter New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    My revision C came with Dorasu when I got it. Could that have anything to do with it? I think others saying this patch works also mentioned the Kirby icon on their card so that seems important.

EDIT:
    I think I have found something
    http://www.oz3ds.com/blog/archives/440
    This site says:
    "1. Your R4i gold 3ds must be with the PCB board marked “C”
    2. Your R4i gold 3ds must be with the icon , ” DEEP LABYRINTH ” or ” Kirby ”
    (As there is another icon on PCB “C” named “METRO” which is not available, pls take it easy, the official team will release another patch to support it. )"
    Last edited by dronesplitter, Dec 13, 2012