Hacking Problem updating R4iGold from r4ids.cn, Revision C

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ended up getting a PSP and modding it based on a post Rydian made a while back. I feel like it's a better investment than a DSTwo, plus I can play PSP games which is awesome. I have my DS Lite to play DS games so I'm good all around now.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Annoys me more that there hasnt been any official word on the issue or a possible fix, and less that there was an issue to begin with.

Seems more like they just pulled an "Its an isolated problem" line, when instead its a pretty big chunk of the userbase.

YOUCANTSTOPME

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I emailed support about the R4i Gold with Metroid icon about the newest update and received this response:

We are currently working on a solution(new patch) for this "Metroid" icon issue , sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for your patience....

support@r4ids
Card with Metroid icon is NOT working on 1.4.5. Do not update your DSi if you have this card with Metroid icon!!
I'll be waiting for a fix or order a different card soon.

Old Man In The Moon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just bought 2 of these cards, and they have the dreaded "Metroid Demo" icon and nothing works, right out of the box. The update to 1.45 does not work, like everyone else here, but the games do not work either. Nothing.

- The R4 has wood 1.55, and NDSI 1.44& 3DS 4.4.0-10
- My 3DS is sitting at 4.3.0-10U

Should I try downloading and running an earlier version of either, to match the 3ds?

Or are the cards completely useless until they fix it?

I just received a r4i Gold with Metroid Demo icon. Nothing would work. Woods would launch, but any games would stop at "Loading". I just kept back revving woods until I found one that worked. I finally had success with Woods 1.48. Using 1.48 I was able to successfully update using R4iGold_3DS45_NDSi145_Patch_NDSi. I still can't use any version of Woods newer that 1.48, though.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just received a r4i Gold with Metroid Demo icon. Nothing would work. Woods would launch, but any games would stop at "Loading". I just kept back revving woods until I found one that worked. I finally had success with Woods 1.48. Using 1.48 I was able to successfully update using R4iGold_3DS45_NDSi145_Patch_NDSi. I still can't use any version of Woods newer that 1.48, though.

It's probably a problem with your SD card, try reformatting it using the Panasonic SD formatter

Old Man In The Moon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's probably a problem with your SD card, try reformatting it using the Panasonic SD formatter

Nope. Tried 6 different cards formatted every way possible on win7, xp, 98. I tried sdformatter, tried native format utility. Nothing works other than going back to 1.48 or earlier. Kernels 1.49+ will themselves run, but I can't run any games from them. They seem like they are going to work, but after clicking a game, it just stays at loading.

Something with a batch of these Metroid cards is just not right.

krisbi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
Most probably the "C" cards with metroid icon are no "C" at all! They are re-badged "B" cards.

Fortunately I bought them from nds-card.com who kindly replaced them for me

giabao8811

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nintendovn.com
XP
Country
Nope. Tried 6 different cards formatted every way possible on win7, xp, 98. I tried sdformatter, tried native format utility. Nothing works other than going back to 1.48 or earlier. Kernels 1.49+ will themselves run, but I can't run any games from them. They seem like they are going to work, but after clicking a game, it just stays at loading.

Something with a batch of these Metroid cards is just not right.

I have a card like you. It's deep labyrinth icon and I update it to Metroid icon. So, they could not load any game with woods newer 1.48. It's stuck when "Loading..." text appear.

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have a card like you. It's deep labyrinth icon and I update it to Metroid icon. So, they could not load any game with woods newer 1.48. It's stuck when "Loading..." text appear.
You have made a mistake by updating your r4i gold.
In fact, there is no need to update the card wit the icon of "deep labyrinth ".
You should click start on the wood menu and choose help.
You'll get an information window to show the latest sytem your card can support.

Old Man In The Moon, maybe the online store you have bought r4i gold from has made a mistake.
In fact, all r4i gold have been pre-flashed to support the latest system.
The online store just update the cards by themselves.
You can contact the online store and request exchanging good ones.

Element

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just received my card, which I bought from nds-card.com on Nov. 11th. Rev. C, came with Metroid icon. I used an Kingston 16gb Class4 microSD. Wood v1.54. Ran the update on my 3DS XL, v4.2.0-9U. The update ran normally, I actually ran it twice accidentally. After that the icon was of that Japanese game and games ran normally. Updated the 3DS to 4.5.0-10and everything worked normally.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

This is really weird, are you sure your cart isn't a fake?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.