Homebrew postLoader4

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country
I've tried with r96 with a fresh diconfig.bin and for me show all games inside it. But as the bugs are behind any angle, yes, sending your diconfig.bin will help.:lol:

Hi stfour,

I deleted all my pl config files and re-tried and all the games are now present (all games were immediately visible in NEEK without a cache build - are you reading diconfig.bin directly now?). I suspect that the previous problem just corrupted one of my pl config files?? Anyway, it's all working now.

If anyone is still having problems with games missing, then this is probably the easiest fix (after upgrading to 4.1.6 obviously).

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi stfour,

I deleted all my pl config files and re-tried and all the games are now present (all games were immediately visible in NEEK without a cache build - are you reading diconfig.bin directly now?). I suspect that the previous problem just corrupted one of my pl config files?? Anyway, it's all working now.

If anyone is still having problems with games missing, then this is probably the easiest fix (after upgrading to 4.1.6 obviously).

Thx for the report ;)

loco365

Trophies
XP
So I updated not to long ago, but I'm having a bug that practically bricks postloader for me. I can start up and use the console just fine, but for some reason, it keeps wanting to search my SD card for applications. If I try selecting a different location to look at (Like my NAND), it just jumps back. I can't turn off the console from the controller, and in order to use my Wii, I have to boot to my Wii System Menu to be able to do anything. If you don't get what I'm saying, I can hook my Wii up to my computer and get a video of it.

Is anyone else having this issue? I'll try updating manually in the meantime and see if it fixes it.

Oh and this one has been around for a while, but if I try resetting my Internet Channel from the Home Button Menu while running it through PostLoader, it hangs after going black.

nvm got it all working again.

game_rat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to take advantage of neek2obooter.app but I'm not real clear on which file I need to replace. Below is what i have listed in my "\00000001\00000002\content" directory. Currently I boot to postloader on real nand and I launch wiiware from emulated nand located on root of usb. My goal is to have the ability to launch certain games in neek2o mode. I had this working before but my previous pln2o nand had priiloader with neekbooter set to auto load. I recently created a new pln2o nand without priiloader. With no priiloader installed, is the neek2obooter.app my only option to accomplish launching in neek2o mode or is there a neek2o setting that will do the same? Thanks in advance.

00000096.app
00000097.app
00000098.app
10000098.app

edit: 4.3u nand (modmii), neek2o 96

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I believe I'm using 4.1.3 and I'm getting errors attempting an online update to 4.1.6. Can anyone else confirm? Wii is most definitely online.

I've tryed today without problems.... what is the error message ?

I want to take advantage of neek2obooter.app but I'm not real clear on which file I need to replace. Below is what i have listed in my "\00000001\00000002\content" directory. Currently I boot to postloader on real nand and I launch wiiware from emulated nand located on root of usb. My goal is to have the ability to launch certain games in neek2o mode. I had this working before but my previous pln2o nand had priiloader with neekbooter set to auto load. I recently created a new pln2o nand without priiloader. With no priiloader installed, is the neek2obooter.app my only option to accomplish launching in neek2o mode or is there a neek2o setting that will do the same? Thanks in advance.

00000096.app
00000097.app
00000098.app
10000098.app

edit: 4.3u nand (modmii), neek2o 96

It seems that your 00000098.app is actually priiloader, 10000098.app is the system menu. If you rename 10000098.app to 00000098.app you will remove priiloader.

So you should rename 10000098.app to sysmenu.app and neek2obooter.app to 00000098.app

game_rat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tryed today without problems.... what is the error message ?

It seems that your 00000098.app is actually priiloader, 10000098.app is the system menu. If you rename 10000098.app to 00000098.app you will remove priiloader.

So you should rename 10000098.app to sysmenu.app and neek2obooter.app to 00000098.app

Thanks for the help stfour, that worked. Just so I'm clear, is launching a game in neek2o mode still a valid feature when using neek2obooter.app?

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi stfour,

game_rat's post piquéd my interest in this neek2obooter.app. Is there any reason as to why you couldn't boot into neek2obooter (as the system menu.app in NEEK2O env) but have it load a channel directly from it's current emu NAND instead of copying it into USB:/nands/pln2o first?

i.e. if you have a NAND in USB:/nands/pl_eu and this is what you're using in pl on real NAND, then changing the loader of a game to NEEK2O here will simply boot into this same NAND (pl_eu) via NEEK2O and then neek2obooter starts the game here instead of copying it to pln2o first then booting up into this.

I don't see the value in copying the selected title around into a new NAND, it's kind of confusing. I don't really use the feature but thought it would simplify things a bit for those who do. It might just not be architecturally possible I guess as I've never really used this feature until today.

Also given the new NEEK2O architecture could neek2obooter be made into a channel so it could be set as the auto-boot channel in NEEK2O's config? I guess it should either just start postloader directly or start a title directly depending on how it's called (these 'calling' options might now need to be written to disc as I presume the auto-start channel can't have config passed?). This would mean you could still keep the system menu app in place so that returning to it in other software works as expected.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
neek2o has already a way to start a channel from real nand. But I'm so lazy in these days.... :lol:

but postloader can also run a wbfs game from realnand to neek2o and going back to real nand, and here the only way is neek2obooter.

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having problems with Themes.. Even though I put the theme in the \priloader(think thats right.. can't remember off the top of my head\themes (yes with the S) it says it doesn't find it. And yes I do keep them in the .zip file.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
zipped themes must be in /ploader/themes. But you may have a /ploader folder on both usb hdd and sd card. Postloader can use one configuration path a time, tipically sd first.

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll check again... Specificly cause I just made a new Nand.. But I'm pretty sure it's only HDD.

And your absolutely right.. It was checking my SD card instead of HDD.

Now next question. Is there a way to change the display of boxes/chanells? They just look kinda squished.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5