Hacking The Great Quest for Wiiflow Plugins™ - A call for adventurers!

popckorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Should I copy and paste all the folders into the main SD Folder, or should I paste them inside SD:/Wiiflow/

For example, the WiiFlow Lite Data Files, such as plugins_data.zip... I unzip it into a plugins_data folder, it goes directly under Wiiflow, right?

All of them go there? Is there something that needs to be directly under SD:/ ?

Reactions: RunningSnakes

popckorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thank you very much!
Your patience is infinite.

Bye the way, inside Plugin PAck Extras there are folders for SD, either or, USB, but then there are folders without specifications such as: Cover Art, Source Menu Buttons, etc...

Are those optional or needed? Where do they go?

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe you are referring to the Extras download correct? Yes those are all optional installs but the root path(s) should be already established in the folder structure.

Edit: sorry i now see you specified Extras.

popckorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thank you so much! I am updating my drives right now, and will test it later after work.

By the way, I see you have the Chelo bezels for MAME.
Is the MAME plug in also updated in your packs?
Last MAME I had could only display 150 ROMs so I could never play beyond letter C, so I have not been able to enjoy all Chelo's bezels. I wonder whether there is an updated MAME that fixes this.

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, MAME-Wii was updated by @SaulFabre last year and very improved. I tested extensively for compatibility with the final rom count at 1035, then @cheloruiz79 created bezels for the entire compatible library. BTW, just last weekend chelo figured out how to add backdrops as well and this updated release can handle 10,000 rom limit :)

I have created rom compatibility lists for all Arcade plugins and included them in their plugin directories along with a few other easter eggs spread throughout. If you have not done so, i also recommend grabbing the RA-SS bezel pack i put together (many done from scratch), i use these for every SS-Hexaeco plugin available.

popckorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Great!!

So my current MAME that I launch with a forwarder from the main Wii menu, that one is still outdate.
The one that has been improved is only the one I can launch from WiiFlow?
Is the improved MAME also available from HomeBrewChannel or only from WiiFlow?

Where is the improved MAME dol located? I would like to be able to launch the updated MAME with a channel forwarder as well.

I am confused because I already have the Chelo SDL MAME dol at SD/Apps but when I launch it from the main Wii System Menu, it has the 150 ROM limit.... And I do not use MAME in WiiFlow because it is very confusing to me...

How should I go about launching the dol and accessing the unlimited ROMs??
I only see the SDL MAME in my apps folder, not on the WiiFlow plugins folder...

Please do pardon my ignorance.

Last edited by popckorn,

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great!!

So my current MAME that I launch with a forwarder from the main Wii menu, that one is still outdate.
The one that has been improved is only the one I can launch from WiiFlow?
Is the improved MAME also available from HomeBrewChannel or only from WiiFlow?

Where is the improved MAME dol located? I would like to be able to launch the updated MAME with a channel forwarder as well.

I am confused because I already have the Chelo SDL MAME dol at SD/Apps but when I launch it from the main Wii System Menu, it has the 150 ROM limit.... And I do not use MAME in WiiFlow because it is very confusing to me...

How should I go about launching the dol and accessing the unlimited ROMs??
I only see the SDL MAME in my apps folder, not on the WiiFlow plugins folder...

Please do pardon my ignorance.
Yes, you can run new MAME-Wii through HBC or channel forwarder. I recommend using my forwarder(s) if you go that route (i have made a s___pot full of them for basically everything Wii) just because, well i made them and i endorse my work:)

Seriously though, my recommendation would be to use WiiFlow Lite Plugins for EVERYTHING possible. The only forwarders i use from System Menu are RA-Hexaeco Mod pack i released and RA-Modified which i also released but is getting overhauled and renamed as we speak. There is also UAE-Wii Amiga Tiny Launcher @cheloruiz79 @matto21 and my self put together, WiiXplorer, YAWM ModMii and of course WiiFlow Lite.

The dol path you are looking for is... SD/wiiflow/plugins/arcade/MAME_WII...there you will also discover the compatibility list. You will have to change the name to boot.dol and place it in the corresponding folder in apps directory. I also recommend replacing the old mame folder with the one provided in the plugins pack.
Post automatically merged:

Here is a small update add/fix for MAME 2003 Plus. Core C3 (Midway) was added, Core F2 and C2 were replaced with earlier Wiimpathy cores that have better speed (F2) and better compatibilility (C2).

Just drag and drop onto your device and replace files when prompted. A new compatibility text is included to reflect what roms now go into C2 and C3.

This update has been merged with 2024 plugins pack download.

Attachments

• MAME 2003 Plus Update WFL.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 11
Last edited by RunningSnakes,

ukigh4ie2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
We've got a bug report agains WFL. This means that mGBA cannot be started from WFL.

According to the linked issue in mGBA, this is indeed the case and has not yet been fixed.

I wonder if anyone here can confirm this or, even better, if it works for them.

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We've got a bug report agains WFL. This means that mGBA cannot be started from WFL.

According to the linked issue in mGBA, this is indeed the case and has not yet been fixed.

I wonder if anyone here can confirm this or, even better, if it works for them.

Tested latest official mGBA 0.10.3 and latest experimental/nightly release...both are working correct with old cfg and also working with fresh install.

Perhaps the user has the mGBA plugin installed on USB?, which does not work. This is a known issue going back to 0.6.2 when mGBA USB support was broken.

The mgba061.dol is still included in the pack in the "Copy To USB" plugins folder, user(s) will have to rename the dol to mgba.dol and overwrite the existing dol file if using USB as plugin device.

Edit:
Reading further i see crazyjat explains he is using SD card so USB is ruled out. Now i am thinking file corruption could be the issue...

Can someone/others test and confirm mGBA is indeed working or not working on their setup please?

Edit 2:

Reading even further, i see what is causing the issue....

In the GBA_mgba.ini, this line has been edited...
Incorrect = dolfile=mgba/boot.dol
Correct = dolfile=mgba.dol
Correct = dolfile=apps/mgba/boot.dol

The user edited the ini with an incorrect path, 99.9% positive, using ^^^^^ above path(s).

Last edited by RunningSnakes,

popckorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
SOS SOS SOS !!!

I am trying to run PSX games through WiiFlow Lite Rhapsodii Shima and they boot but they do not recognize neither gamecube nor wiimote controllers.

I am at loss for reasons... ever since I updated to the 2024 Plugin pack I had not had a chance to trial the updated Wiistation 3.0 through Wiiflow.. only through HomeBrew Channel...

I do not know whether some config file shared by all the different versions is conflicting and ruining the ID of my controllers.

Please do advise if you happen to know how to fix this.

The last plugin pack worked fine with Shima's PSX launcher

popckorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sure.

The SD/wiisxrx folder should be the same as after the update of the "official" 2024 plugins combo. I did try the Gun Shooters of WiiStation 3.0 ASAP, but installed it only at RootSD/apps/, but I vaguely understand all the WiiStation emulators (regardless of launcher) share a common wiisxrx reference directly under the SD root.

Do Plugins inside WiiFlow folder still use WiiSXRX's folder from SD root?
That is the folder I am zipping, right?

Attached, the zip.

Attachments

• wiisxrx.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 8
Last edited by popckorn,

popckorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If during my trials of WiiStation 2.4 and 3.0 under the SD/apps folder, being launched from Homebrew Channel (not Wiiflow), the emulators changed files to SD/wiisxrx, making the new WiiFlow WiiStation plugin crash, then...

Will a fresh installation of SD/wiisxrx HDD/wiisxrx and SD/wiiflow/plugins/PSX fix the error?

I truly wish I better understood what I am doing. Thank you SO MUCH for your infinite patience RunningSnakes.

Much Obliged

Last edited by popckorn,

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If during my trials of WiiStation 2.4 and 3.0 under the SD/apps folder, being launched from Homebrew Channel (not Wiiflow), the emulators changed files to SD/wiisxrx, making the new WiiFlow WiiStation plugin crash, then...

Will a fresh installation of SD/wiisxrx HDD/wiisxrx and SD/wiiflow/plugins/PSX fix the error?

I am not positive, i will test on my side using your setup. Can you direct me to where you you have the plugins folder located and what device your games/home folder is located please?

Having apps/wiistation/boot.dol installed should not cause an issue unless it is indeed installed on 2 devices.

Reactions: popckorn

popckorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sure!

My plugins folder is at SD, everything is in the SD except when requested differently by the Plugin Megapack.

So it is SD/Wiiflow/Plugins...
It is only ISOs that I run from the HDD.

What I found was that I saved some controller profile configurations to the HDD/wiisxrx folder at some point, using one of the 3 WiiStations (2.4, 3.0, and Wiiflow 2.4).
Maybe having config files in both HDD and SD causes conflict?
The HDD config files survived the update of the SD to the 2024 Megapack, so maybe they conflict because they were from a previous WiiStation Ver.¡?

I will try after work, and see if the controllers are detected by Wiistation now that I have deleted the config files from HDD/wiisxrx

Someting I am a bit confused about is, the WiiFlow Plugins 2024 pack has the SD/wiiflow/Playstation/Wiistation Lightrec folder, which should have WiiStation 3.0 in it... but the Modification Date of the files is from late 2023, whereas WiiStation 3.0 came out in 2024.

I am unsure whether this is because the emulator is divided in several folders like SD/wiisxrx among others, and it might be updated somewhere else?

Thank you for considering my questions and taking time to help!

Last edited by popckorn,

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@popckorn

I tested both Wiistation.dol included in plugins pack and a new build. I tested both with my pre-configuration, your configuration, and fresh install configuration. All tests were done on both SD only and also SD/USB setup. The good news is i have absolutely zero issues using Wiimote and zero issues with GC controller, the bad news is you are experiencing issues i cannot reproduce so i have no concrete advice other than remove all prior settings/configurations, fresh launch Wiistation.

Sorry i could not be of more help, i can only confirm Wiistation is working correct on my side.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol