Hacking The Great Quest for Wiiflow Plugins™ - A call for adventurers!

robbie_ocean

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I wanted to ask if anyone has figured out how to get the music_player plugin to play songs selected in coverflow? I've dug around and found a few threads on the same thing, this was also mentioned on page 87-88 here. It plays songs in the background out of my wiiflow\music folder with no issues, but attempting to select and play one kicks me out to the Wii menu. All my files are .ogg, although I get the same results with .mp3 and .m3u. I'm running WFL 5.5.4 with the rhapsodii shima theme

Last edited by robbie_ocean,
Reactions: impeeza

grandosegood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey all,

is there a plugin that shows the sysnand games in addition to emunand? Ideally, I'm trying to setup wiiflow so that it shows wii,gcn,emunand and sysnand games all together.

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never tested that before, but the way source menu buttons are defined involves a source and, if source is plugin, magic numbers referring to those plugins. Here are my wii, gamecube, emunand, and realnand buttons from the source_menu.ini

[BUTTON_0]
image=Wii.png
image_s=Wiib.png
title=Wii
source=wii
magic=
emuflow=

[BUTTON_1]
image=Gamecube.png
image_s=Gamecubeb.png
title=Gamecube
source=dml
magic=
emuflow=

[BUTTON_2]
image=Emunand.png
image_s=Emunandb.png
title=EmuNand
source=emunand
magic=
emuflow=

[BUTTON_3]
image=Nand.png
image_s=Nandb.png
title=RealNand
source=realnand
magic=
emuflow=

To do what you're asking, maybe something like this?

[NEW BUTTON]
image=Nand.png
image_s=Nandb.png
title=Wii, RealNand, Emunand, and Gamecube
source=wii,realnand,dml,emunand
magic=
emuflow=

I don't know if the source field can have two values, let alone four (wii, realnand, dml, and emunand) like that, but I assume that is a prerequisite to the result you want.

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Cowabunga, dude!

The OP says very little about which plugins are in his pack and what their functions/features are. That is what my question is about.
This simply aims to be a collection of every wiiflow plugin available, tested and working. No added features compared to the actual emulators.

russianjoint

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
This simply aims to be a collection of every wiiflow plugin available, tested and working. No added features compared to the actual emulators.
I see. My confusion stems from the word "plugins". I guess the only plugins you can have for WiiFlow are emulator launchers? I didn't know that.
I was thinking this was about plugins which added features to WiiFlow itself and somehow changed/enhanced it.

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No, plugins include the actual .dol files too.
The "Launcher" part is made of some .ini files.
Technically all the homebrew emulators can be used as WF plugins, but they must be configured, or in some case even modded, to auto-launch the games within WF, instead of using their own file browser.

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can i just copy over the last update? are there many new updates?

A few Hexaeco dols and changes were made, Not64, Wii64, were updated. All GX emulators were updated (Sega, SNES, NES, GBA), a few RA dols also updated along with Sonic Mania.

All updates still hold the same paths so copy/paste should work without issues.

Reactions: mcfry666

Garcimak

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thanks for your pack RunningSnakes,
Actually making a child friendly setup using WFL, it's great ! scummvm has some cool ones
But trying to get around 'S' and 'L' keys used to save and load (freddy fish)
in that case, S/L options are grayed out on the scummvm pause menu - you can still invoke it from the virtual keyboard, not satisfying.
I understand it's actually missing the keybinding from the wii port, could be good with the supported dungeon crawlers out there.

mcfry666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This maybe a stupid question :) and maybe it's too much to ask.
I tried testing if i could add a new source port by replacing the boot.dol file from Giddy3.
I thought i could start homebrew apps this way trough wiiflow.
Is it required to adjust the dol file to make it compatible with wiiflow?

Or is there any other way to start homebrew apps placed in "PC DOS/Windows"?

Tworld-wii

It's an app called Tworld-wii which is an open source variant of Chip's Challenge.
I replaced all the tilesets and sounds to make it similar as the microsoft version of Chip's Challenge.

I also tried Windows 3.11 under dosbox, however it performs horrible :) so i found this alternative.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
This maybe a stupid question :) and maybe it's too much to ask.
I tried testing if i could add a new source port by replacing the boot.dol file from Giddy3.
I thought i could start homebrew apps this way trough wiiflow.
Is it required to adjust the dol file to make it compatible with wiiflow?

Or is there any other way to start homebrew apps placed in "PC DOS/Windows"?

Tworld-wii

It's an app called Tworld-wii which is an open source variant of Chip's Challenge.
I replaced all the tilesets and sounds to make it similar as the microsoft version of Chip's Challenge.

I also tried Windows 3.11 under dosbox, however it performs horrible :) so i found this alternative.
Any Dol is compatible with WiiFlow, Wiflow act as a homebrew launcher.

if you put the TWorld app on the correct folder and uses the Hombrew Channel or WiiFlow to launch it, it should run without problems.

where is the Giddy3 version? the only I know is the one by G lander (or the "G" on G lander stands for Giddy3?)

Reactions: mcfry666 and tabzer

mcfry666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Any Dol is compatible with WiiFlow, Wiflow act as a homebrew launcher.

if you put the TWorld app on the correct folder and uses the Hombrew Channel or WiiFlow to launch it, it should run without problems.

where is the Giddy3 version? the only I know is the one by G lander (or the "G" on G lander stands for Giddy3?)
Thanks a lot for your answer :yaywii:

My goal is to simply to put "chip's challenge" in the "PC DOS/Windows" source menu as a game/item.
I can already launch it trough the homebrew channel in the source menu, but I'd prefer to add it inside "PC DOS/Windows".

Giddy3 is included in the "wiiflow plugins pack" as a plugin in "PC DOS/Windows" as a dos to wii port.
Most pc to wii ports use ".game" extensions to launch a boot.dol file which are mostly located in the app folder.
The ".game" files are only used (i think) as dummy files for wiiflow lite.
Dummy files are needed for the name to popup in the menu.
I wanted to check if wiiflow was able to launch any boot.dol file if i replaced it (Giddy3 as an example)
I replaced boot.dol from "giddy3" in the apps folder with the boot.dol from "t-world".
I also tried changing the paths in the ini files, both options didn't have any succes in booting up "t-world".

1. I assume the boot.dol file has to be adjusted (Don't know if you can even adjust dol files maybe it's hardcoded like exe files)
  2. I'm doing something stupid and there is a really easy solution :blink:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That Dell data breach is worse than people probably realize....
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    +2
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG7fk_DUz5g +1