Hacking The Great Quest for Wiiflow Plugins™ - A call for adventurers!

popckorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Guys, I have a small question:

I downloaded the Rhapsodii Shima SD pack for WFL when I got my CRT this month.
At the time I also updated my PlugIns with the updated 2023 (the latest) packs
Because of this I can launch WiiStation (with LightRec) from WiiFlowLight through Rhapsodii Shima SD.

BUUUUUT when I went to HomeBrewChannel and opened HomeBrew Browser (The Repository of PlugIns to download directly to the Wii) I found WiiStation did not appear as if I had it already, or as if I needed to update, it simply offered me to Download as if it was the first time I were gonna get it.. as if I did not have it already...

I tried to check which version I have through HomeBrewChannel (My WiiStation does appear locally) but I could not find a Version History for traceability.

So I am left wondering... what about the version at HomeBrew Browser?
Will we be able to update there at some point?
Should we stick with updating WiiStation with files provided in this thread?

Should I wait until the next PlugIns Megapack?

I would love to keep up with current advances of WiiStation and do not mind copying files manually, I just do not want to mess my installation... reason why I did not click on "Download" from the HomeBrew Browser app.

Thank you for your time guys!

Much Love and Respect!
popckorn

mcfry666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I tested and i am getting black screen and sent back to WiiFlow also. I will try a few different arguments and see if i can get it working.
Thanks a thousand for looking into it. I had no idea that there are arguments you could add/use for potentially running the dol. Please don't put too much effort into it, i already feel guilty for asking because you already spend a lot of free time in this project.

Reactions: RunningSnakes

popckorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Dear WiiFlow PlugIn Community:

I have been following the WiiStation thread everyday, it is fascinating to learn about the project just by reading the thread and trying to understand the updates discussed...

The thing is I got very confused when it came to updating the built .dol file.
Just a couple of days a new .dol file was compiled by Saulfabreg, and I know I can simply replace the old one with it...

...thing is..

I was confused about which of the three version available at:
SD:\wiiflow\plugins\PlayStation
should be replaced?
There is a .dol file inside the following folders: WiiStation, Wiistation Lightrec, and WiiSX_RX.

Tetsuo kindly pointed to me the folder I am looking for is "Wiistation Lightrec"

Also, some of those folders have a configuration file alongside the .dol, and I have read that it might be wise to delete the configuration files as well... but I am hesitant because in the Wiistation thread mentioned the two "settings.cfg and settings2022.cfg" files in SD:/Wiisxrx

On top of my confusion I find that SD:/WiiSXRX has 14 CFG files (only two have "settings" in their name, and 12 seem to be controller profiles)

What would you recommend me proceeding with?

As of now I will keep your plug in "as is" until I have proper confirmation as to how to proceed, I do not want to break you superb WiiFlow pack.

(I do have a backup of the SD, so I can afford to make mistakes, so do not worry if you must go through trial and error)

Much Obliged,
Respectfully,
Mikhail

P.S. Tetsuo already gave me his opinion (he is not 100% sure) in the Rhapsodii Shima thread, but I realized it was the wrong place to ask, so I brought my question here for better guidance and future reference should anyone have the same question.

P.D. I am also considering not going cutting edge to avoid possible new bugs introduced by the new builds or my obvious ignorance. Still I would love updating manually if it is trivial enough.

Last edited by popckorn,

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@popckorn

I have not tested the latest lightrec build but just swapping out the old .dol for the new build should work. You should not have to remove anything from the wiisxrx folder.

popckorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@popckorn

I have not tested the latest lightrec build but just swapping out the old .dol for the new build should work. You should not have to remove anything from the wiisxrx folder.
Thank you very much, King!

By the way, a couple hours ago Wiistation 3.0 has been released.
Which of the three folders within Playstation should have its .dol swapped for Wiistation 3.0?

I am thinking Wiistation 3.0 will be more stable than the bleeding edge lightrec builds in the Wiistation thread.
Do you agree?

What do you recommend? I am also considering staying vanilla under the umbrella of the official WiiFlow Plug-In Megapack... maybe you would consider making an official update later?

Thank you so much for your generous time!

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi @RunningSnakes

Do you happen to have any test results for RetroArch 17 that you would like to share with us?
Or someone else who reads along here?
I have not had time to test RA 17. I've been investing my free time with a custom spine Genesis/Mega Drive cover set that should be complete fairly soon. Also helping test @SaulFabre RA retro kickback cores he has been compiling recently. Many of these retro cores are are very promising, taking (i believe) RA 1.17 cores and compiling them with earlier RA releases (1.7.6 - 1.9.0 ?) . This eliminates audio issues some users are experiencing and bringing back Wiimote support newer revision have abandoned while adding the updated features newer RA cores have, basically a new fork of RA much like SS-HEXAECO that is no longer being updated/maintained.

Dubya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone explain why Grim Fandango will run on the old ResidualVM but not on the current "merged" version of ScummVM?

I've asked in their forums, but it's kind of dead there.

mcfry666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can anyone explain why Grim Fandango will run on the old ResidualVM but not on the current "merged" version of ScummVM?

I've asked in their forums, but it's kind of dead there.
Why would you wanna run grim fandango on the current version?

Dubya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would you wanna run grim fandango on the current version?
I'm not sure if I understand your question.

I just want to know why Grim Fandango won't run on the current version of ScummVM Wii.

It plays fine on the PC version of ScummVM

If I can play all my games on ScummVM and get rid of ResidualVM, why wouldn't I?

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, time for plugins pack 2024. After 10 months being up and the new year not being so new anymore, pack 2023 has been laid to rest.

There is not a whole lot NEW here, in fact many RA plugins were reverted to older cores that support Wiimote only play and others that that offer more stability without sacrificing new important features.

I tested quite a bit but one can only test so much. Hopefully there are no core/emulation issues or errors but please post if you encounter either

Here is the WFL emulator text if you care to see what is new/changed. Also a screenshot of 2023 plugins pack downloads over the past 10 months......

Attachments

• WFL Plugins 2024.zip
    4.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20240301-211258.png
    Screenshot_20240301-211258.png
    94 KB · Views: 17

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol