postLoader4

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by stfour, Jun 30, 2011.

Jun 30, 2011

postLoader4 by stfour at 12:06 AM (228,281 Views / 14 Likes) 4,072 Comments

stfour New Member

Message Count:
    Italy
    [IMG]
    (Click the icon to go to http://postloader.dnsdynamic.net)

What postLoader is:

* HomeBrew Browser with subfolder and xml support
    * Channel/Title Browser with filters and cover
    * Emulator frontend page with plugin system (plugin .dol from WiiFlow)
    * neek2o & Uneek+DI game browser with cover support
    * game loaders forwarder (for CFG, GX and WiiFlow) with cover and filters support
    * DML gamecube browser with USB to SD copy feature
    * Themable user interface
    * Wiiload server
    * Designed for stability and performance

Feature and little howto:
    WARNING! Spoilers inside!

Screenshots

Addons and interesting topics
    Last edited by stfour, Apr 1, 2014

stfour New Member

Message Count:
    Italy
    Sorry for the new thread, but too much thing are added from v1. Tomorrow I will complete it with snapshoot and more informations.

And also I hate the title I've added to the old thread.

As a new release, expect some problems. Anyway I've tested it deeply.

[IMG]

Albatroz New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    nice changes [IMG]
    downloading to test it now
    thx

stfour New Member

Message Count:
    Italy

grrr... found 2 problems... before starting a channel, need almost one time to open the channel menu with (B). And after a channel was run, the wiimote is no more detected. need to power off/on.

See you tomorrow with b6... [IMG]

DEFIANT New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Sweet! Gonna test this now.

Could you add code support?

Albatroz New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I found something too:

1. apps/postloader/boot.dol is 1b4 and not 2b5
    2. when u configure autoboot to some app, it isnt showing that start marker
    3. im getting code dump to hide soome app like Hackmii Installer/Postloader/WadCreator...

But,,, this is loading CFG 70b2 flawless now [IMG]
    the GUI is better too

GZ once again!!!

DEFIANT New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    OK disregard the codes post above. I found out how to use them. Doh!

Things I noted:

I had a problem trying to launch 1942 on sneek nand. It wasn't until I "Forced" NTSC 480i then it worked. Why doesn't default not work?

Codes work. I'm so f*cking stoked. All in all, this app has exceeded my expectations in for that in sneek.

Is there a way to manually sort channels (real nand)? I didn't see anything.

I see the support for pictures has been increased to 192x112. This is good.

I was wondering if I could get an adjustable time delay, say 0-10 sec for splash screen. It whizzes by so fast that I barley get to see it. If at all. I'm not sure if that's even possible?

Just blows my mind how good this app is. Thank you.

Taleweaver Storywriter

Message Count:
    Belgium
    It took me a while to actually start it. For some reason, it just kept using the old postloader (1beta4). Or so I thought. It turns out the \apps\postloader folder in your zip file is still that version. The new version is the postloader.dol in the root of the zip. [IMG]
    (to those interested: Albatroz's forwarder from the original thread? still works if you rename that postloader.dol into \apps\postloader\boot.dol).
    EDIT: what albatroz mentions, in other words.

Anyhow...you sure added a lot of options, stfour. However, these things will require exponentially more support. A few examples:
    -boot.elf files are now found (yeey!). However, the two I have (descent and scummvm) crash upon booting. I guess this wasn't as easy as I thought it was.
    -channels do not work for me (yes, I opened the 'B' menu first). In uneek, it just quits to the HBC. On real nand, it just black screens. I'll test some more on this (if Defiant can get stuff to work, it should be okay on my end too...somehow).
    -I have both SD:\apps\ and USB:\apps\. Without the SD card, all my USB homebrew is found nicely. Once I plug in the SD card and rescan the devices, it just shows me the SD card homebrew.
    -there used to be a star icon on homebrew if it was marked as auto-run. That icon is now gone for some reason (the actual autobooting still works). I also can't find the option to disable the auto-booting anymore.

For bystanders: these may sound serious issues, but they're not. It's just that you can't "just" merge the HBC with triiforce in just a few weeks and expect everything to be a-ok. So here are a couple of the good things:
    +plus and minus now switch pages, 1 switches between homebrew and channels
    +nice little icon on the bottom left to indicate the location of the homebrew (sd or usb). Would be better if it would find both SD and USB homebrew at the same time, though.
    +an ability to run bootmii (which doubles as a 'switchtosneek' option for those who have it)
    +ability to hide applications (which is nicely implemented, I must say)
    +downloading channel covers works perfectly.

All in all: very impressive work, man. [IMG]

stfour New Member

Message Count:
    Italy
    Thank you... I hope to make postLoader2 more stable in few days...

Taleweaver Storywriter

Message Count:
    Belgium
    More info:

-I found the star icon. It now shows up on the homebrew icon you last ran instead of the homebrew you set to autoboot.
    -removing the ploader.sd did the trick to find both USB and SD cards. At first, I wasn't sure how to prevent it from happening again, but then I found the "Disable boot time USB initialization" option (perfect option to have, but like the boot option, it's a bit out of place in the "about postloader" section [IMG] ).
    In any case, this shows all the homebrew it can find (you said it: like it should [IMG] ).

Another small bug:
    -if you go to channel mode and then choose 'use Nand on USB device', then using the button 'use real nand' does almost nothing. It says "real nand" in the top, but still displays the emulated nand channels. You have to switch to homebrew mode first before the real nand shows the correct channels again.

I still have a lot to test about the channels...most of them still blackscreen for me, but this is sorta normal: it happened in triiforce as well that I had to mess with those same settings until the damn thing played. [IMG]

stfour New Member

Message Count:
    Italy
    Now I'm at work... maybe in the pause I will relase a new version, that I can't test by myself (I have no wii at work [IMG]). Maybe you can do it for me in the afternoon.

So that I when I come to home I already know what to fix [IMG]

stfour New Member

Message Count:
    Italy
    Great ! You are right... fixed it !

oggzee New Member

Message Count:
    Slovenia
    btw, shouldn't this be posted in wii hacking section, this is not a backup loader, right? [IMG]

stfour New Member

Message Count:
    Italy
    Right, how to move a thread ?

SifJar Not a pirate

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Report your post. In the "Enter Your Report" section, put where you want it moved to.

stfour New Member

Message Count:
    Italy
    Yes, there is... Use "Vote this title" attribute to assign a rank to a channel. They will be sorted by rank (from highter to lower).

stfour New Member

Message Count:
    Italy
    Sorry, I miss your post... thank you !

Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    But what did it hack ? [IMG]

I think the best sub forum is the Wii - Emulation and Homebrew
    A forum dedicated to emulators, homebrew games & applications for the Nintendo Wii

But as long as it gets a regular bump I'm happy [IMG]
    1 people like this.

stfour New Member

Message Count:
    Italy
    postLoader2 b6 is out. Download in the first post

V.2.0 b6

* Fix the star showing the autoboot application (thx Wever)
    * Totally changed the triiforce implementation
    * Added priibooter.dol mini-forwader
    * Corrected a bug on wiimote sync
    * Corrected a bug on reloading channel configuration of emulated nand
    * Changed a bit the timout on autoboot
    * Some minor changes
    * Changed "About postoloader" to "Options..."
    * Corrected distribution zip
    * elf support is back and it is working

Taleweaver Storywriter

Message Count:
    Belgium
    All right! [IMG]

Well...it's already quite late over here, but I went for a quick spin. I finally got my channels to work (under uneek, even! [IMG] ), but I think this is probably because you enabled debugging or something. Because I got a message that the channel couldn't start because cert.sys wasn't found.

I heard of this file before, so I googled a bit. this link (which aims to get triiforce to work under sneek) explained perfectly why: "If you're using a NAND built from ModMii, you'll need to copy the cert.sys file from the sys folder of a full NAND dump (or get it from somewhere else I suppose) into the sys folder of the ModMii NAND. Without it, you'll get an error when you try to launch games from Triiforce_mrc."

So that's what I did. I used an old extracted bootmii dump, copied \sys\cert.sys into the folder on uneek and voila: seems to work perfectly. [IMG]

What does it mean for postloader? Most likely, absolutely nothing. Uneek and joyflow can run channels without the file, but they are specifically written to do things not on the real nand. Your program just accidentally happens to work on uneek as well as it does. I haven't read your code (and I would probably not understand it if I had), but unless the channel loading code does some simple "is that file there? if not, stop operation" check, I wouldn't worry about it. If people want to 'abuse' your program to run it under sneek, they should make sure they have all the files needed for proper emulation. [IMG]

I did some other quick tests, but can't say more than "nice job" at this point. [IMG]