Homebrew postLoader4

thefunkygibbon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just got a bit of an issue. I'm now using the latest version but when i try to run it I do not see any of the wbfs games on the drive. although if i select rebuild games list or download images I can clearly see it work through whats on the drive. wiiware and hbc stuff shows fine. i have no filters on it so its not being hidden by that. Cannot see gamecube games either despite it showing going through them when rebuilding list.

any ideas?

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
EDIT:where prevous versions working fine ?

please, create on the root of sd an empty file named ploader.log. Run postloader once, and perform a rebuild. Paste the contents of the file here or pm it to me ;)

Remember then to delete the ploader.log, or postloader will run very very slow.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
postLoader 4.2.0

* AppBrowser: changed category managment system
* AppBrowser: Fixed hidden applications
* AppBrowser: better and faster xml parsing
* AppBrowser: added a caching system. Now it is almost instant. New hb are automatically added to cache. Changes of actual xml may require a manual refresh ([home]->refresh cache)
* AppBrowser: postloader setting are moved from application xml to cache system.
* GameBrowser: changed configuration file layout. (speedup, less memory used)
* GameBrowser: titles.txt is now applied only when refreshing cache. (speedup)
* GameBrowser: removed "Clean Title Configuration" menu item (obsolete)
* ChannelBrowser: changed configuration file layout. (speedup, less memory used)
* ChannelBrowser: titles.txt is now applied only when refreshing cache. (speedup)
* EmuBrowser: great speedup when scrolling a large amout of roms
* Added an option in configuration to change mp3 playback volume
* Reduced memory allocation: titles.txt is loaded only when needed
* On screen keyboard can now enter lowercase text
* Fixed some filtering issues
* Various code cleanup and fix
* enhancements in grlib library (menu button width selectable,keyboard etc.etc)
* new faster cfg library
* moved autoboot informations from options menu to "about postloader" menu
* n2oboot.ini che be configured in option menu (available only when executed in neek2o)
* updated readmii.txt (v1.9). Not yet complete but better then the old one.

NOTE1: AppBrowser's category
----------------------
Starting from this release, postLoader does support no more subfolders as category. Now up to 8 category can be assigned for each homebrew. This make everything fully compatible with standard layout of HBC. Five category are assigned by default: Games/Utility/Emulators/Backup loaders/Hacking tools, and them can be changed in runtime
(A)->View options...->Rename categories
(B)->Change category
(2)->Filter menu, with also sd/usb selection
(home)->refresh cache

NOTE2: May contains new bugs:P

NOTE3: It isn't necessary, but I suggest to remove any .conf file form /ploader folder to start with clean configuration files.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh shit this sounds more like postLoader 4.5 to me. Vast amount of speed up, memory being freed up, and new features. Fantastic!

I know this might sound like a stupid request considering the amount of work u put into the new category system, but is there anyway to easily keep subfolders support. I only ask because I have so many apps that when I put them all in root apps folder it causes my system to load up much slower/freeze/black screen about half the time. It's really annoying and you're subfolders setup was a great way to keep that under control. Pretty much EVERYTHING u can d/load with homebrew browser and more, I have.

If the way things work currently cause a problem with subfolders then I'll just move over most of those apps to a different SD/USB or something, no big deal. Thanks for a magnificent piece of homebrew stfour. XD

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi stfour, seems ive missed a couple of versions, but just updated from 4.1.6 to 4.2.0, and really like the menu optimizations. It seems more responsive and a bit quicker to me=)
However when I try to boot (from real nand postLoader) any titles from my various Wiiware/VC NANDS, i get a crash. Reverting to 4.16 and the games launch fine. HB, Wii, GC, and such are all working for me with 4.2.0 though.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Hi stfour, seems ive missed a couple of versions, but just updated from 4.1.6 to 4.2.0, and really like the menu optimizations. It seems more responsive and a bit quicker to me=)
However when I try to boot (from real nand postLoader) any titles from my various Wiiware/VC NANDS, i get a crash. Reverting to 4.16 and the games launch fine. HB, Wii, GC, and such are all working for me with 4.2.0 though.
Hmm, you might need the neek2obooter.app
http://gbatemp.net/threads/postloader4.299384/page-171#post-4590401

VatoLoco

Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
Excellent suggestion, Maxternal. To test, I added the neek2obooter.app to my NeoGeo VC and Wiiware NANDS but im still getting code dumps using 'normal boot method' which (for me) uses nandBooter4.2 by default to launch games.
Maybe i just need to revert to an pre r96 version of Neek2o

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
VataLoco, no, I do not think that neek2obooter.app or neek2o version really matter if you are running in real mode and using "Normal boot method" or "Load apploader". Now I'm at work but tonight I will check. Do you see nandBooter screen or crash before displaying it ? A screenshot of the dump may help ;)

EDIT: try also to do a (home)->"Refresh cache"

I know this might sound like a stupid request considering the amount of work u put into the new category system, but is there anyway to easily keep subfolders support. I only ask because I have so many apps that when I put them all in root apps folder it causes my system to load up much slower/freeze/black screen about half the time. It's really annoying and you're subfolders setup was a great way to keep that under control. Pretty much EVERYTHING u can d/load with homebrew browser and more, I have.

SHIT ! :lol:

I'll check if I can get back subfolders support ;)

VatoLoco

Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
The nandbooter4.2 starts up and has the progress bars to show its loading, but then i get a crash before the actual game starts. Here's an awful quality screenie of the error.
33092-StackDump_pLoader.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Damn cleaned up 348GB's of crap I wasn't using with that lol
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But can it completely remove RealPlayer? Lol jk
    +3
    I remember at one point it being pretty much labeled as malware lol
    I think my favorite one was that dancing purple gorilla... I uninstalled that thing from sooo many machine people would be like "Why is my computer so slow?" lol because this thing is using like 30% of your system resources.....
    +1
    This one lady... her son kept installing Kazaa... OK no problem the issue is he would download DBZ movies and they where amazing usually like 2-8KB in size lol can't remember how many times I had to format and reinstall windows over his stupidity. I even explained to him about file sizes multiple times...
    +1
    yeah Bonzi buddy was malware sort of... It was borderline lol
    At minimum it was nothing anyone should have ever installed lol
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, RealPlayer is spyware too.
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Yeah, BonziBuddy was both spyware and ad-ware. It collected children's personal information without consent as well as display fake Windows popups.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast bonzi got discontinued
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, The people who created Bonzi now owns a company called 2KDirect; an advertising firm. https://www.ipromote.com/
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast they get slightly cleaner money
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, hot take
    +2
    So Bonzi buddy was an evil version of Alexa lol
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the legal drinking age here in the US is 21, as some of you may know, but i think either it should be 18 or the age you're an adult should be 21.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and i know what you may be thinking, "why become an adult at 21? doesn't that mean that banging an 18 year old would be illegal?"
    first of all, being in a relationship with someone who's 18 is technically ok, as long as it started when they were 18, but the age gap is still weird depending on how old you are. besides, the age of consent differs between different states
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also my reasoning for adult age being 21 is because the reason that's the drinking (and now smoking) age is because it "gives them more time to think rationally and not drive drunk"
    so you should have that extra time to mature and think rationally before going to serve in the military or vote
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    tl;dr the "adult" age and the legal drinking age (and voting age) here in the US should be the same
    +3
    It's all good no one pays attention to the law anyway lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What about making kids wait till 18 or 21 to drive? And yea is messed up, you can join army and die for your country at age 18, but you can't drink alcohol or smoke a cig til 21, is ridiculous
    +2
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvAsR4O4W0w