OldWiiGamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hi there,

I am a somewhat experienced wii soft modder with around 6-7 years of experience. I have always used CFG USB Loader but recently I have started to see some of it's limitations. I was wondering if someone could give me some advice as to what is the best loader for me. I will list all the things I want to be able to do:
  • Play Wii games. Support for showing covers etc. Support for applying country fixes (for certain games).
  • Play GC games with Nintendont
  • Play and show all emunand channels in the loader. Support for Mighty and Neek2o.
  • Ability to play all the c64 VC games (and other VC like N64 etc).
  • Ability to save wii game data to emunand
  • Ability to copy files from real nand to emu nand and vice versa i.e. save games and controller config (I have over 10 wii controllers that I cycle through on a regular basis).
  • Easy to find tutorials on how to set up "everything" - for instance it was very hard to find guides for setting up emunand for CFG USB Loader
  • The loader should be actively supported
  • Ability to show emulated games? But I don't want to clutter up the main Wii/GC game list (same goes for emunand channels). Ability to filter them out?
  • Bonus points for anything cool that I don't know about i.e. nice clean professional looking themes etc
From what I have seen I am looking at either WiiFlow 5 or GX (there looks to be a few flavours of it and no idea which is most supported. I like the idea of WiiFlow but not sure if it can sync controller data between real nand and emu nand?

Thanks for any advice!! Much appreciated.

Last edited by OldWiiGamer,

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
All of the dark wii coloured themes available via modmii I feel are professional looking and clean

Edit: sorry you were probably referring to usbloader gx themes, not system menu themes, if this is the case you can disregard my comment, modmii only has system menu themes available (which should be installed using mymenuify to preserve priiloader installations, and only after priiloader is already installed)

For a large repository of all kinds of themes, including for GX, see this link
https://rc24.xyz/goodies/themes/

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there,

I am a somewhat experienced wii soft modder with around 6-7 years of experience. I have always used CFG USB Loader but recently I have started to see some of it's limitations. I was wondering if someone could give me some advice as to what is the best loader for me. I will list all the things I want to be able to do:
  • Play Wii games. Support for showing covers etc. Support for applying country fixes (for certain games).
  • Play GC games with Nintendont
  • Play and show all emunand channels in the loader. Support for Mighty and Neek2o.
  • Ability to play all the c64 VC games (and other VC like N64 etc).
  • Ability to save wii game data to emunand
  • Ability to copy files from real nand to emu nand and vice versa i.e. save games and controller config (I have over 10 wii controllers that I cycle through on a regular basis).
  • Easy to find tutorials on how to set up "everything" - for instance it was very hard to find guides for setting up emunand for CFG USB Loader
  • The loader should be actively supported
  • Ability to show emulated games? But I don't want to clutter up the main Wii/GC game list (same goes for emunand channels). Ability to filter them out?
  • Bonus points for anything cool that I don't know about i.e. nice clean professional looking themes etc
From what I have seen I am looking at either WiiFlow 5 or GX (there looks to be a few flavours of it and no idea which is most supported. I like the idea of WiiFlow but not sure if it can sync controller data between real nand and emu nand?

Thanks for any advice!! Much appreciated.
yes wiiflow 5 can copy real nand config (controller) settings and miis to your current emu nand. the options to do this are in main settings>nand emulation settings.

Last edited by fledge68,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users