Hacking The Great Quest for Wiiflow Plugins™ - A call for adventurers!

DBZFan102

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@DBZFan102

Did you happen to fix your issue?

I am curious if you have 2 or more themes installed after some testing with this.

Tetsuo has mentioned that too many plugins will indeed cause memory issues/crash. He and myself cleaned up the platform.ini not long ago, but since then, i have also included a few other entries. I am not positive where or when the breaking point can begin with the Shima theme, or using a different theme.

So i tested the only other theme i have installed (Carbonix) which i tested a few years ago. I kept this theme since i thought i would modify it but it is wasting space on my SD, i have not attempted to use this until your post prompted me.

I made adjustments to the Carbonix theme after i kept getting unwanted restarts and it seemed to fix the issues. I test more, that is how i run into more issues...long story short, Carbonix cannot run successfully on WFL 5.5.4.1.

Now i apply Shima theme and everything is a mess. WFL launches and works but launching any game will result in dsi exception error and loops back to WFL with no possible way to exit unless i hard reset.

In conclusion, maybe other themes work 100% but i would not suggest installing more than 1 beside the default theme.

All themes will use same important paths...
apps/wiiflow/wiiflow_lite.ini
dev:/wiiflow/cache/lists/
dev:/wiiflow/settings/titlesdump.ini

In my experience, cleaning/removing those above paths files will fix most issues.
Yes, thank you for the followup... when you mentioned the .ini file, it pointed me in the right direction. You see, I have WiiFlow and its important files installed on my usb drive; however, the .ini file was configured to use solely the sd card to find and store themes and such. The WiiFlow menu allowed me to change some of those paths to point to the usb, but I still had to modify the .ini file directly to fix all of the paths.

To answer your question, I have only the default, Rhapsodii and Rhapsodii Shima installed, currently using Rhapsodii Shima. I haven't had any issues since fixing the paths, although I haven't tested every single game and plugin. I'm really sorry to hear your version of Shima is broken, hopefully it's easy to fix.

(P.S. Out of curiosity, where are those "dev:" paths you mentioned located?)

Reactions: RunningSnakes

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really sorry to hear your version of Shima is broken, hopefully it's easy to fix.

(P.S. Out of curiosity, where are those "dev:" paths you mentioned located?)
I had it working within minutes but always have my setup backed up just in case of file corruption or device failure.

The paths are on the device you have WFL installed, for me SD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Currently asked for mecha mote iinchou mm my best friend to be translated but I also want to ask...