Pokémon X & Y Pokémon format dumped, decrypted and documented.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The first time ever I have been enjoying the online battles, the wonder trade and all the online stuff, and now that this have been found:

Picture_2_c.jpg

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

kingaz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure, but I highly doubt they figured out how to encrypt and flash the save back and have the game not reject the save.

Son, you do not know what you are talking about.

What they are doing is NOT save editing - they have completely sidestepped that by spoofing the global trade station server connection.

So, yeah you are right. They don't know any more about save tampering than anyone else does. But that does NOT mean that there is no way to get hacked mons onto the cart.

Also, just FYI, Pokemon now inherit the type of Pokeball it comes in from the mother - any ball (besides Cherish) is possible for bred Pokemon.

Reactions: chartube12

someonewhodied

Lazy Person
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Son, you do not know what you are talking about.

What they are doing is NOT save editing - they have completely sidestepped that by spoofing the global trade station server connection.

So, yeah you are right. They don't know any more about save tampering than anyone else does. But that does NOT mean that there is no way to get hacked mons onto the cart.

Also, just FYI, Pokemon now inherit the type of Pokeball it comes in from the mother - any ball (besides Cherish) is possible for bred Pokemon.

you can get cherish if you breed with ditto apparently.

non-ditto counts as mother in a ditto+other breed.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
So if my understand of this is correct, this is the baby steps into being able to have hacked/edited pokemon in the game? So basically, a new pokemon game comes out and everyone loves it, unites the world in trading and battles that for the first time in years has actually felt fair.

...So they've decided to ruin that and give people a false sense of power with hacked pokemon? Fun.

I truthfully have no idea even after reading the original sauce what this even means so i could be way off with my post or i might not. save editing with anything that has multiplayer is the bane of my exsistance tho and ruins the fun of playing online so yeah, i assume this will suck in the long run for me

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This should be interesting. I just hope Nintendo is able to detect when a Pokémon's been modified and block its use in the online battle system or GTS. "Hackémon" should definitely remain local and be kept offline, IMO. I do support this, but taking hackémon online is where I draw the line. Nice work Xfr and Bond697!

Reactions: loco365

dragonmaster

Ancient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
loool the fans out there of pokemon , i wonder sometimes if they think that i not just a game.
i appllause to the the ones that work so many hours to find a way.booo hoo to the ones that tend to play 20h just to get a shiny, i believe that is a great step in rom hacking as in the future we may have 3ds rom hacked .and that ends my enthusiaasm

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Darn it.. I really hope that nothing will come from this. I really hope that GF will ban cheaters and not only block illegal pokemon.
These games are good as they are now but imagine having the online filled with crazy stuff like shiny Mew and Pikachu that knows Psycic, Fly, surf and fireblast...

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
From my understanding they need to decrypt the save in order to inject the hackemon, only really hackers would be able to do this at this stage without releasing a fancy tool.
Also measures would have been added to block GTS spoofing.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
no, not that NAND save. the actual cart has no EEPROM for saves as it saves to the same chip (NAND) as the game is stored on.
http://gbatemp.net/attachments/image-jpg.4657/-- I did not take this photo myself

is there any tool to flash the entire cart? so i can flash any game into a legit cartridge?

and if it's the same chip, there is no change of corrupting the entire chip with a save failure or some bug?

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Cheated or not, with super training in X&Y you cant make your pokemon too far off from my ones anyway.
I'll still kick asses. just this time it will feel better

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

UltraMew

GBATemp's Mew PRETENDING TO BE FOXI4 4 A DAY
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
Let the Spiritomb come, I'll slay it with some Fairy move.
Level 100 Shiny Mew with Water, Fire, Grass, and one other type of moves is awesome. +Mega X forms on my Pokémon Y.

And I meant WonderTomb. :P

Awesome!

Am I the only person who doesn't think this is a bad thing? It might shed some light on how other 3DS saves work.
Nope. Would be cool to spam Wonder Trade with L:100 Mews named UltraMew or /r/pokemon.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Level 100 Shiny Mew with Water, Fire, Grass, and one other type of moves is awesome. +Mega X forms on my Pokémon Y.

And I meant WonderTomb. :P

Nope. Would be cool to spam Wonder Trade with L:100 Mews named UltraMew or /r/pokemon.
Wondertomb is weak to Fairy now.

loool the fans out there of pokemon , i wonder sometimes if they think that i not just a game.
i appllause to the the ones that work so many hours to find a way.booo hoo to the ones that tend to play 20h just to get a shiny, i believe that is a great step in rom hacking as in the future we may have 3ds rom hacked .and that ends my enthusiaasm
AFAIK this is absolutely useless for anything except creating hacked Pokemon. As of now they're not editing the save itself, just the packets it sends to the GTS.

P

pasc

The first time ever I have been enjoying the online battles, the wonder trade and all the online stuff, and now that this have been found:

Picture_2_c.jpg

I don't get what you guys get all worked up over.

Isn't that filter this game has built in still on ?

Should be impossible to use pokemon that don't apply to that guidelines, right ?

Reactions: signz

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You guys are getting ridiculous with all the whining... especially those talking about Pikachus with over 9000 in stats and absurd movepools.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I've actually been playing pokemon GBA ROM hacks on my wii (no ds-3ds yet :'(). It might be possible to get hacked pokemon with a method similar to that on XY.

Yes, its called Pokesav 3rd gen

I can't wait for the release of Pokegen with 6th gen support, by the time I get my Pokemon Y copy, I'm not sure if I can get that mystery gift, although is Pokegen already supports 6th gen till then, I can just inject the mystery gift files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo