Hardware PlayStation 4 OR n3DSXl?

Bonestorm

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have every Sony console, you know? Or maybe you're trying to justify a purchase of your PS4 and just can't accept facts? Because you showed no arguments as of now, which I showed plenty as to why PS4 is a letdown compared to its predecessors.

You don't even make sense, and just proves my point that PS4 and Vita decent library titles are mostly remasters from previous generations. Thank you.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

OP said he wants to play JRPGs. I can't name 5 JRPGs exclusives to the PS4, which also aren't present on PS3, Vita, Xbox One or PC.

I have a hard time naming 5 JRPGs on the 3DS that are present on any other platform, and it has plenty of them.
lol fanboys make me sick to my stomach...

i love my PS4 and it's mountain of exclusive games... i also love my 3DS and it's mountain of exclusive games

Grow up.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you read my post? I said the PSP ran PS1 games (the actual ones, not PS1 like games, it was somehow backwards compatible with it).

3DS is way better tho,

Yes, I read your post. I read it too fast, my apologise. Anyway.. That's your opinion. Good for you. I will stick with my decision, thanks.

Zephir1991

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, you have most likely no clue about the PSVita. Sure, it's a "failed" handheld console, but it still got lots of great and fun games. The little bonus is, that you can even hack the console, for retro gaming. And there are still very good PSVita games that are about to release this year.
The PS4 also got good games, but it's a console for adult gamers. If you're into Mario and Zelda - stick with Nintendo.

And if OP wants to play JRPG's get a hacked PS3 - you will have so much fun with it. Lots of JRPG's and other really good games - plus you can play almost all the other PS2 gems out there.
And the games are dirt cheap nowdays.

E:// And about the "exclusive" JRPG's for the PS4 - The PS3 is still one of the stronger consoles in Japan, almost every PS4 game gets a PS3 port - Just to name a few, Tales of Berseria, Berserk, Yakuza and so on.

Last edited by Zephir1991,

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
lol fanboys make me sick to my stomach...

i love my PS4 and it's mountain of exclusive games... i also love my 3DS and it's mountain of exclusive games

Grow up.

when your on the top people hate that's the way it is

Hahahhaha yet you contradict yourself. Nah you're just a resented Sony fanboy. PS4 is trash, thanks.

And you panicking and going with the "neutral bias" stance after you realize you have no arguments doesn't help it. Have a good one.

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N3DS XL because the PS4P will be cheap by the time the exclusives are developed, but by that same time, N3DSXL will be 10. Get a Pikach N3DS XL before it's $500.00.
------
Replace 'the exclusives are' with, 'anything worthy you couldn't play on XB1 or PC is'

Last edited by H1B1Esquire,

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Most downloaded PS4 titles of 2016, in descending order:

Rocket League
Battlefield 1
Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
Tom Clancy’s The Division
Grand Theft Auto V
Overwatch: Origins Edition
Battlefield 4
No Man's Sky
FIFA 17
NBA 2K17
Need for Speed
Star Wars Battlefront
Rainbow Six Siege
Battlefield Hardline

Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/01/06/playstation-stores-top-downloads-of-2016/

"But, but, muh muh exclusives!!!"

Bonestorm

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hahahhaha yet you contradict yourself. Nah you're just a resented Sony fanboy. PS4 is trash, thanks.

And you panicking and going with the "neutral bias" stance after you realize you have no arguments doesn't help it. Have a good one.
Stating the fact that the PS4 has sold 60 mill in 3 years and 3 months..is a fanboy statement?
the ps4 is outselling the ps2 the best selling console ever

BTW you really hurt my feelings, by saying the PS4 is trash. Like damn, how will i go on?

Last edited by Bonestorm,

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have every Sony console, you know? Or maybe you're trying to justify a purchase of your PS4 and just can't accept facts? Because you showed no arguments as of now, which I showed plenty as to why PS4 is a letdown compared to its predecessors.

You don't even make sense, and just proves my point that PS4 and Vita decent library titles are mostly remasters from previous generations. Thank you.

OP said he wants to play JRPGs. I can't name 5 JRPGs exclusives to the PS4, which also aren't present on PS3, Vita, Xbox One or PC.

I have a hard time naming 5 JRPGs on the 3DS that are present on any other platform, and it has plenty of them.
You have a weird fixation. He *doesn't have* a PS3, Xbox One, Vita or a gaming PC - he's buying a console *now*, and it would be sensible to pick the leading one, which happens to be the PS4. If you have a problem naming titles then you should probably consider these:

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2015/10/14/ps4-jrpg-games-a-look-at-current-and-upcoming-titles/

And the upcoming blockbuster titles like Ni No Kuni 2 or Persona 5.

Most downloaded PS4 titles of 2016, in descending order:

Rocket League
Battlefield 1
Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
Tom Clancy’s The Division
Grand Theft Auto V
Overwatch: Origins Edition
Battlefield 4
No Man's Sky
FIFA 17
NBA 2K17
Need for Speed
Star Wars Battlefront
Rainbow Six Siege
Battlefield Hardline

Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/01/06/playstation-stores-top-downloads-of-2016/

"But, but, muh muh exclusives!!!"
None of which are on the 3DS, so your point is completely moot. I'm sorry that you don't like good games, I guess.

hunoi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, you have most likely no clue about the PSVita. Sure, it's a "failed" handheld console, but it still got lots of great and fun games. The little bonus is, that you can even hack the console, for retro gaming. And there are still very good PSVita games that are about to release this year.
The PS4 also got good games, but it's a console for adult gamers. If you're into Mario and Zelda - stick with Nintendo.

And if OP wants to play JRPG's get a hacked PS3 - you will have so much fun with it. Lots of JRPG's and other really good games - plus you can play almost all the other PS2 gems out there.
And the games are dirt cheap nowdays.

E:// And about the "exclusive" JRPG's for the PS4 - The PS3 is still one of the stronger consoles in Japan, almost every PS4 game gets a PS3 port - Just to name a few, Tales of Berseria, Berserk, Yakuza and so on.
I'm not a biased gamer, I like any game that interests me. I am not committed to a single video game company.
So whether i get the PS4 or the n3DSXl i will not be dissapointed.

Zephir1991

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
All I can do now is to trash my PSVita, PS3 & PS4 and commit seppuku.

But - who the hell cares about exclusive titles? I'm buying a console for the fun games, and not just because it got more exclusive games than another console.

@CayFun The only point in buying a N3DS is, that you can use NTR to speed up your games a bit - and ofc the extra camera stick. But if your O3DS is still working - stick with it. c:

Last edited by Zephir1991,
Reactions: Foxi4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's funny to see the Nintendo crusaders bashing Sony yet they fail to realize that not everybody likes the 3DS games that are predominantly geared towards children.
It's the exclusives circlejerk that bothers me. You could have all the exclusives in the world and nobody would even blink if they're all trash. Exclusives are *detrimental* to gamers, I will never understand the mindset of feeling superior because the platform you own has a game nobody else gets to play. If a game is good, I want everybody to play it - thinking otherwise is childish, selfish and stupid. Conversely, I don't care how many platforms a game is on, I care whether it's good or not.

The OP *already has* a 3DS, the only N3DS exclusive out there that he might want to try is Xenoblade Yawnicles which is a garbage game. This does not justify the purchase of a brand-new system - a PS4 will give him access to games he could never try on the 3DS, so the math here is very simple. Out of the binary choice of "PS4 vs N3DS", the PS4 equals more quality games to play, thus it's the better choice.

Last edited by Foxi4,

Zephir1991

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just ignore the exclusive guy - it seems like he isn't mature enough to see the point. No offense, but it seems like he's a bit behind.

CLOUD9RED

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I guess it depends on what you like. I have a N3DS and it's collecting dust. Most games are meh meh... I mean seriously how can anyone play SSBM on it without being frustrated? At least the Switch creates new hope...

Reactions: hunoi

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Stating the fact that the PS4 has sold 60 mill in 3 years and 3 months..is a fanboy statement?
the ps4 is outselling the ps2 the best selling console ever

BTW you really hurt me feelings, by saying the PS4 is trash. Like damn, how will i go on?

So wii was hated and the clear winner of its generation because it sold the most units? Or back then "being on top" was something else? The PS3 sold the least so is it a loser?

So is the DS and the 3DS hated for outselling rivals? Is the PS2 hated too?

The PS4 is trash compares to its predecessors, sony gave up on many good franchises, offered a beta-state console with no backwards compatibility and instead decided to rely on PC ports while pushing hard for remasters and indie titles.

You haven't showed any decent arguments, just that biased sheep talk on how sales matter when it's ps4 but don't otherwise. You call me a nintendo fanboy yet I bash on the switch and n64 when opportunity arises. You say I hate Sony yet I loved every Sony console except for PS4 and vita.

Grow yourself arguments and an opinion of your own, because right now you have none of those and can only contribute to the topic with the 60 IQ argument of "go ps4 because is sells mooooreee".

Silverthorn

Spiky!
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This thread turned out exactly as I expected it to be, quite a fun read.
Lots of crusading and strongly biased answers, but what's there to say, if I had to describe a good majority of Gbatemp's population with only 1 adjective, it would definitely be "Nintendominated" :tpi:

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So wii was hated and the clear winner of its generation because it sold the most units? Or back then "being on top" was something else? The PS3 sold the least so is it a loser?

The PS4 is trash compares to its predecessors, sony gave up on many good franchises, offered a beta-state console with no backwards compatibility and instead decided to rely on PC ports while pushing hard for remasters and indie titles.

You haven't showed any decent arguments, just that biased sheep talk on how sales matter when it's ps4 but don't otherwise. You call me a nintendo fanboy yet I bash on the switch and n64 when opportunity arises. You say I hate Sony yet I loved every Sony console except for PS4 and vita.

Grow yourself arguments and an opinion of your own, because right now you have none of those and can only contribute to the topic with the 60 IQ argument of "go ps4 because is sells mooooreee".
Better, modern hardware > Backwards compatibility. You can pick up a PS3 for pennies, you cannot make up the losses from integrating obsolete hardware. The Wii U is a perfect example here - a frankensteined console based on a chip that used to power the Gamecube that's a good decade behind the curve and only bleeds money. Basing the PS4 on CELL would've been a disaster, nobody wanted that.

Bonestorm

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

LOL

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/250980/playstation-3-lifetime-sales-overtakes-the-xbox-360/

Think again

Anyway i can see your a man child so i'm out.

One more for the road actually. Just 2017.

• Gran Turismo Sport (PS4 Exclusive)
  • Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrfice (PS4 Console Exclusive)
  • Drawn to Death (PS4 Exclusive)
  • Last of US 2 (PS4 Exclusive)
  • NieR: Automata (PS4 Console Exclusive)
  • Detroit: Become Human (PS4 Exclusive)
  • Yakuza 0 (PS4 Exclusive)
  • Farpoint (PS VR Exclusive)
  • Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (PS4 Exclusive)
  • Crash Trilogy (PS4 Exclusive)
  • Matterfall (PS4 Exclusive)
  • God of War (PS4 Exclusive)
  • Gravity Rush 2 (PS4 Exclusive)
  • Wipeout: Omega Collection (PS4 Exclusive)
  • MLB: The Show 17 (PS4 Exclusive)
  • New Everybody’s Golf (PS4 Exclusive)
  • Dreams (PS4 Exclusive)
  • Pyre (PS4 Console Exclusive)
  • Persona 5 (PS Exclusive)
  • Nioh (PS4 Console Exclusive)
  • World of Warriors (PS4 Exclusive)
  • Nex Machina (PS4 Console Exclusive)
  • Knack 2 (PS4 Exclusive)
  • PaRappa the Rapper (PS4 Exclusive)
  • Starblood Arena (PS VR Exclusive)
  • Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4 Exclusive)
  • GT Sport (PS4 Exclusive)

Last edited by Bonestorm,

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

You're out because the only thing you could prove is that at least by the time PS4 was out, at least the PS3 outsold something. That's the best contribution to the topic you were able to come up with besides attacking me because you hate facts and realized how much of a sheep you are. You haven't been able to show why the OP should get a PS4 instead, except "muh sales" and even this is flawed, since the 3DS outsells the PS4.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU +1