Hardware PlayStation 4 OR n3DSXl?

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
You already own a 3DS, buying a New 3DS XL doesn't really allow you to play any games you can't at the moment. Theirs two retail exclusives i think and a few eshop games which are New 3DS Only, so you don't really gain much unless your on your 3DS 24/7 and wan't the best of the best.

Do you have an Xbox One? if not i'd get one, it actually has some good exclusive franchises and is backwards compatible with a lot of Xbox 360 games.

Some exclusive franchises i think are worth playing:

• Crackdown
  • Forza
  • Gears of War
  • Halo

You then have games you will never get on an Nintendo console such as:

• GTA
  • Trials
  • Blur (Xbox 360, not backwards compatible i dont think)
  • Heavy Weapon (Really good 4 player Xbox arcade game)
  • Knight Squad
  • Raiden V
  • Kameo
  • Geometry Wars
  • Mafia

Even the Wii U wouldn't be a bad choice, if you have a few friends you want to play locally with its the only modern home console which really supports local play, which is why I still think the Wii U is great:

• Bayonetta
  • Bayonetta 2
  • Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
  • Fast Racing NEO (4 Player)
  • Mario Kart 8 (4 Player)
  • New Super Mario Bros. U (4-5 Player)
  • Super Mario Maker
  • Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (4 Player)

The PS4 doesn't have a lot of exclusives I like to be honest, however if you did get one Grim Fandango and Day of the Tentacle are two games you really should play.

Reactions: netovsk

hunoi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BTW switch is not replacing the 3ds, it's just Nintendo's last effort at the home console market before they quit and decide to go full handheld/cellphone (IMO).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Like every Nintendo franchise, which amounts to a dozen or more, for a start.
I wasn't really imagining them trying to replace the 3DS, just thinking if the switch becomes a developers dream if the 3DS will be near nonexistent such as updates, game etc.

You already own a 3DS, buying a New 3DS XL doesn't really allow you to play any games you can't at the moment. Theirs two retail exclusives i think and a few eshop games which are New 3DS Only, so you don't really gain much unless your on your 3DS 24/7 and wan't the best of the best.

Do you have an Xbox One? if not i'd get one, it actually has some good exclusive franchises and is backwards compatible with a lot of Xbox 360 games.

Some exclusive franchises i think are worth playing:

• Crackdown
  • Forza
  • Gears of War
  • Halo

You then have games you will never get on an Nintendo console such as:

• GTA
  • Trials
  • Blur (Xbox 360, not backwards compatible i dont think)
  • Heavy Weapon (Really good 4 player Xbox arcade game)
  • Knight Squad
  • Raiden V
  • Kameo
  • Geometry Wars
  • Mafia

Even the Wii U wouldn't be a bad choice, if you have a few friends you want to play locally with its the only modern home console which really supports local play, which is why I still think the Wii U is great:

• Bayonetta
  • Bayonetta 2
  • Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
  • Fast Racing NEO (4 Player)
  • Mario Kart 8 (4 Player)
  • New Super Mario Bros. U (4-5 Player)
  • Super Mario Maker
  • Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (4 Player)

The PS4 doesn't have a lot of exclusives I like to be honest, however if you did get one Grim Fandango and Day of the Tentacle are two games you really should play.
I had an Xbox 360 and loved it when i got one in 2011 for my birthday, my mind wasnt open to any games other than CoD during my time with it.
(with the exception of HALO)
My o3DS is falling apart, screen barely wants to stay open anymore, charger port is finnicky (possible easy fix i know), cartridge slot has been wacky this weekend.

Last edited by hunoi,
Reactions: netovsk
D

Deleted User

If you want a nioh and bloodborne device which are rpg's you will be spending hours on go for it,otherwise build a pc.The Xbox one lost there exclusives by putting them on the windows 10 store which means gears 4 and forza can be played on pc taking away the value of the Xbox one,so without exclusives and this generation of consoles being underpowered research would go a long way to find out what you are interested in.

Last edited by ,

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
I had an Xbox 360 and loved it when i got one in 2011 for my birthday, my mind wasnt open to any games other than CoD during my time with it.
(with the exception of HALO)

CoD wasn't bad at the time (Modern Warfare 1 and 2 Black Ops 1 and 2) however you really have missed a lot of quality games if that's all you played. I love the Shoot Em Up's on the 360 also, however most are region locked to Japan so require a JPN 360 or JTAG / RGH console.

If your an Nintendo guy who wants something different, then the Xbox has a lot to offer. I was more an Xbox guy who wanted something different so got a 3DS and Wii U. Both platforms have a lot the other doesn't so compliment each other well in my opinion.

hunoi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have no interest in purchasing an Xbox One anytime soon, I've always spoiled Microsoft with my purchases just think its fair for Sony to get a chance with me. I'm sure i played alot of other games for the 360 just don't remember 'em.

D

Deleted User

i have no interest in purchasing an Xbox One anytime soon, I've always spoiled Microsoft with my purchases just think its fair for Sony to get a chance with me. I'm sure i played alot of other games for the 360 just don't remember 'em.
Mostly 3rd party I bet since the 360 was powerful for its time compared to this generation.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'll answer your questions.
First off, I don't think you'll be carrying both the Switch and the n3ds with you at the same time. So one will naturally be left at home. When you get the Switch I figure the n3ds will be the one not coming with you. At that point, my suggestion would be to wait getting an n3ds until you can find it on a cheap sale, having seen that you get a lot of enjoyment from it's library and that your current o3ds is falling apart.

For the PS4, personally I wouldn't say it's a bad choice, even though I don't own one and I'd get a ps4 pro if I did. My suggestion for you is to go through it's library and make a list of what games you'd want to play, to see if it warrants a buy. If there's only 3 and none of the upcoming games, then imo it's not something you should go for.

Still, if you're really getting either a ps4 or an n3ds you should compare the list of games, both current and upcoming. That's what I do, and that's why I recently bought a cheap, used Wii U (100$) instead of a PS4.

I hope you manage to find out what you want.

Last edited by Zense,
Reactions: hunoi

hunoi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll answer your questions.
First off, I don't think you'll be carrying both the Switch and the n3ds with you at the same time. So one will naturally be left at home. When you get the Switch I figure the n3ds will be the one not coming with you. At that point, my suggestion would be to wait getting an n3ds until you can find it on a cheap sale, having seen that you get a lot of enjoyment from it's library and that your current o3ds is falling apart.

For the PS4, personally I wouldn't say it's a bad choice, even though I don't own one and I'd get a ps4 pro if I did. My suggestion for you is to go through it's library and make a list of what games you'd want to play, to see if it warrants a buy. If there's only 3 and none of the upcoming games, then imo it's not something you should go for.

Still, if you're really getting either a ps4 or an n3ds you should compare the list of games, both current and upcoming. That's what I do, and that's why I recently bought a cheap, used Wii U (100$) instead of a PS4.

I hope you manage to find out what you want.

I planned on buying the Switch but plans do and can change at anytime. i think i'll hold on the PlayStation 4 until i get into a better living situation where i don't have to worry about roommates messing with my things (Without permission) which will hopefully be within the next 2 weeks. im still gonna ponder on which to get as i may be moving sooner. Thanks for all the help, guys really.

Last edited by hunoi,
Reactions: Zense

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
And if you don't, or if you just want to enjoy a plug and play, sit down and go console experience, it's the ideal low-cost solution for AAA gaming. Not that your argument holds any water anyways, there's a wealth of Sony exclusives out there (inFamous, Bloodborne, KillZone, Uncharted, Until Dawn etc.), or just console exclusives in general. The 3DS is going through a gaming drought, there hasn't been a single game out for the system that I'd want to buy since Monster Hunter X, meanwhile on PS4 I can't keep up with the release schedule.
In my opinion (of course) only Uncharted and MAYBE Bloodborne is worth playing. Not buying a new console for 1-2 games. Also, what exactly is holding you back from connecting a wireless controller to a pc and chilling down on the couch :) ? I do that with most of my games, even MMORPGS.
And when shit gets real, I go to my command center, sit down in a cozy chair, pull my di...I mean keyboard out, mouse and let the noobs take some beating.
But that is just me of course

Bonestorm

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you have a gaming pc theres basically 0 need for PS4 apart from those few few exclusives worth your time.
you need to open your eyes.. the ps4 has a massive amount of great exclusive games

anyway the 3ds and PS4 are both fantastic consoles...it really depends on what type of games you like and if you need portability

PS4 is the second worst console of current generation, second to PS Vita.

3DS is the best gaming device ever created by man. N3DS is 3DS perfected.

Easy decision.
lmfao the salt in here is crazzyyy

when your on the top people hate that's the way it is

Last edited by Bonestorm,
Reactions: invaderyoyo

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
dude man, ps4 is super powerful , imo. it is a fantastic console.

defintely get the ps4 if you are into hardcore type of games.

get a n3ds later on, i love my n3dsxl.

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have both. I wouldn't trade my n3ds with any other console, but I'm particularly attached to the kind of console that the 3ds is (dual screen - I love that stuff) and I don't care that much about online.

I would say get a ps4 if you are looking for a home console.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS4 is the second worst console of current generation, second to PS Vita.

3DS is the best gaming device ever created by man. N3DS is 3DS perfected.

Easy decision.

Sorry. I don't consider 3DS the best gaming device at all. PSP was the best gaming device ever.

D

Deleted User

Ps4 is such a boring console. My friend invite me couple of times to play with him some games on the ps4. almost no games for 2 players. 90% of the games are shooters. This boring ass fifa is the only 2 player game that i can play with him. No platform games. No racing games with split screen option . No forza horizon. No mario, no zelda, no ori and the blind forest, can't hack it, and the most important thing: no ps2 or ps3 backward compatibility. Yes i bought new 3ds xl instead of ps4 despite the fact that i already had old 3ds. And i dont regret it! He wanted that i replace my 2 year old wii u with his 2 month ps4. I said fu** no.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: hunoi and netovsk

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Ps4 is such a boring console. My friend invite me couple of times to play with him some games on the ps4. almost no games for 2 players. 90% of the games are shooters. This boring ass fifa is the only 2 player game that i can play with him. No platform games. No racing games with split screen option . No forza horizon. No mario, no zelda, no ori and the blind forest, can't hack it, and the most important thing: no ps2 or ps3 backward compatibility. Yes i bought new 3ds xl instead of ps4 despite the fact that i already had old 3ds. And i dont regret it! He wanted that i replace my 2 year old wii u with his 2 month ps4. I said fu** no.
Sure, it has no local multilayer games, except for all the local multilayer games it has. Trine 2, Diablo 3, most CoD games, Rahman Legends, LittleBigPlanet 3, Borderlands: The Handsome Collection, all of the LEGO games, Rocket League, there's loads.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah am not sure why the hate for the Sony console either. Yes its predominantly a Nintendo site but come on, the PS4 is a quality console and if you cant find games worthy to play on it then you should find a better hobby. The PS4 pro is fantastic and my half full 6TB hard drive attached to it says there is plenty to play, more than enough. I mean there has been a shed load of killer games out already in 2017 if you think about Resi 7, Yakuza 0, Kingdom Hearts, Nioh, Gravity Rush 2, Tales Of Berseria and then you have countless more in just the next few months like Horizon, For Honor, Mass Effect, Persona 5, Yooka Laylee all out within the next month or two. Not to mention the huge back catalogue of now cheap games.

Reactions: invaderyoyo

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I would recommend getting a cheap PC instead. You can actually build a semidecent build for the price of PS4.

WhySayingMyName

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ps4 for home console, 3ds for portability, the choice is yours.

PS4 has good exclusivities, but you might not like them
3ds has also good exclusivities, but you might not like them as well

3ds has homebrew
If you are ultra mobile, go for the 3ds, else ps4

Last edited by WhySayingMyName,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Similar to FOX Kids. I remember when Sonic X aired.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, the latin american fox feed doesnt air news, it airs movies and tv shows
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ah, I see.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i wasnt even born when fox kids/jetix was alive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also a couple years ago latin american fox got renamed to star channel
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yes?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry
    i thought you didnt read the last couple messages before quoting you agin
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ah sonic x, that show is valid
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (of course the mf with a sonic pfp would say that 😭)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you are not dumb or stupid, you need to stop saying that, you are very smart, even about alot of things I have no clue about. We all love you here, like a big family.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah @BigOnYa love me so much he started yelling at me for having my shoes on in the bed when he caught me with his wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, I don't want mud crumbs in my bed, and btw you left without paying your tab. Ill add it to next month but getting tired of extending.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I hope silent hill 2 turns out good
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I seen that, hope so too, the first was so epic back then.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Didn't look into much is it just a remake
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only thing drive me crazy is all these new horror games nowadays is its so dark, all time. I can't even play them. I understand they trying to create spooky but be creative a little, not just darkness with pop out scare scenes.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, either that or mascot horror
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    gonna watch gintama for the first time
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, I always turn the lights up on those lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Two studio lights for one horror game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Couch casting for horror
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Couch casting for horror