Anybody Here Ever "WORKED" On Your PS Vita???

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HOLY JUMPING SHITBALLS, I FIXEDED IT!!! PLEASE READ BELOW TO MY LAST ENTRY IN THIS WONDERFUL (PAIN-IN-THE-ASS) DISCOVERY, AS THIS MIGHT APPLY TO SOME OF YOU CATS, A JAPANESE VITA...

Sapphire-Blue-Vita-Final.jpg

Well, about a month ago I bought a Sapphire Blue PS Vita on eBay. The pics looked good, the price was right, it came with a 128GB card as it was already hacked, and it was shipping out of Atlanta Georgia. EDIT: I RE-HACKED THIS THING TO MY LIKING.
So I get the thing, and it's IMMACULATE. Not a scratch on it, not even on the analog sticks. It was PERFECT. However folks, nothing this good lasts forever, and having taken the unit off of the charger, it was STUCK at 81%. I left it on longer, no change. I decided to use it for a while and drain the battery a bit. Brought it down to 24%. Placed it on my charger, and VOILA!!! Back to 81% again. So I got the batteryfixer plugin, which had no effect.

"FFFFFFFUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKKK!!!!!"
sad_pace.gif

Now I realize that I have to replace the battery. I ordered one not long ago, and I will be OPERATING ON MY PS VITA, WHICH, IN MY UNCAPABLE HANDS, IS ON LIFE SUPPORT LIKE TERRI FUCKING SCHIAVO.

Anyway, I start this procedure with caution tomorrow (Jan 30th). I am using both the iFixIt page seen here, and I am also following a very "simple" video guide found here:

FastTech Battery Replacement Guide

So basically, this is a big shout out to all of you brave souls that have had to open up your Vita, reluctantly. I know it's not a TERRIBLY BIG DEAL, but I didn't know my new Vita came with diapers. Anyway, I'd like to hear some feedback from some of you cats out there that have opened up your precious Vita. Having done this yourselves, are you comfortable with it? What have you had to fix/replace/etc?

Thanks for listening to my FAT-RATFUCK-BANTER. All input is welcome.
Noob.gif

Post automatically merged:

Hi guys, so the PS Vita battery I got from Amazon DOES NOT CONNECT TO THE PS VITA MAINBOARD. I shit you not. I just spent an hour and a half trying to get the damn thing to work, and then I stepped back a bit and grabbed the old battery. BOOM!!! It went in in seconds and without a hitch. So I looked closely at each one and the connector on the new (faulty POS) battery is shaped differently than the original.

Can anyone recommend a reputable source for a new battery? I'd appreciate it.

- Thank you!

Last edited by The_Dizzy_Vizzy,

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
Ifixit.com also has ps vita batteries, I'm sure you didn't know that there are 3 types of batteries for ps vita: Sp65M for the oled, SP86R for slim models and SP65X for some models that came just before the slim. Judging by the photo you should need a SP65M so here you go https://www.ifixit.com/products/playstation-vita-replacement-battery
Still, before placing the order look at the original battery to see if it really is a SP65M or a SP65X. Never opened mine because I was always afraid of breaking something but I'm considering changing the faceplate since it has scratches, who knows when I'll do it though

Reactions: The_Dizzy_Vizzy

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ifixit.com also has ps vita batteries, I'm sure you didn't know that there are 3 types of batteries for ps vita: Sp65M for the oled, SP86R for slim models and SP65X for some models that came just before the slim. Judging by the photo you should need a SP65M so here you go https://www.ifixit.com/products/playstation-vita-replacement-battery
Still, before placing the order look at the original battery to see if it really is a SP65M or a SP65X. Never opened mine because I was always afraid of breaking something but I'm considering changing the faceplate since it has scratches, who knows when I'll do it though
Jesus dude, thank you very much for that!!! The battery that was in mine was an SP65X, but I just purchased a new battery which is a SP65M. I am a little dubious of these differences, but I guess I'll know in a couple of days. If it doesn't work, the only place I have found the X series is online and it's bleeding out of stock.

Also, thanks for chiming in on this thread, it's gotten a ton of views but you are the only one who has responded...

THANK YOU FOR THIS - IT MEANS A LOT TO ME!

- Dizzy
banger.gif

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
Jesus dude, thank you very much for that!!! The battery that was in mine was an SP65X, but I just purchased a new battery which is a SP65M. I am a little dubious of these differences, but I guess I'll know in a couple of days. If it doesn't work, the only place I have found the X series is online and it's bleeding out of stock.

Also, thanks for chiming in on this thread, it's gotten a ton of views but you are the only one who has responded...

THANK YOU FOR THIS - IT MEANS A LOT TO ME!

- Dizzy View attachment 417624
No problem, saw the thread today and was curious. Seems like you could make it work even if different battery but will not be perfect, here's a reddit post of someone kinda using a SP65M instead of Sp65X
I recommend reading the replies too. I guess people don't have the same problems and also sometimes it happens that you don't see a thread. I posted something in the ps4 section in december and still not a single comment regarding my problem (I did resolve it in the end by initialising the ps4 and losing all data)

jkm81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a vita not long ago, and I thought I had a battery problem, I fixed my issue by disabling the sim on system settings. My vita is a 3g model. I had l ready fixed mi vita when the battery arrived and I don't even know if it fits my vita. Should have replace it when I installed the psvsd adaptor.

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problem, saw the thread today and was curious. Seems like you could make it work even if different battery but will not be perfect, here's a reddit post of someone kinda using a SP65M instead of Sp65X
I recommend reading the replies too. I guess people don't have the same problems and also sometimes it happens that you don't see a thread. I posted something in the ps4 section in december and still not a single comment regarding my problem (I did resolve it in the end by initialising the ps4 and losing all data)

DAMN. That right there (the Reddit thread) tells me it will not work. My reasoning is that his PS Vita 1000 Japanese model is the exact same Japanese model of the Sapphire Blue I have, and the issue was the same as his, the damn connector that goes into the Vita's mainboard doesn't fit. Exact same problem I'm having. AsI said before, DAMN.

Oh well, back to the drawing board, cause I just got screwed... TWICE!!!
bananabang.gif

Post automatically merged:

I bought a vita not long ago, and I thought I had a battery problem, I fixed my issue by disabling the sim on system settings. My vita is a 3g model. I had l ready fixed mi vita when the battery arrived and I don't even know if it fits my vita. Should have replace it when I installed the psvsd adaptor.
I've a 3G model, it's the only one I'll never hack. Do you recall the type of battery it used, as in, an SP65M or an SP65X???

A reply would be most welcome, and thank for chiming in!!!
ban-cha.gif

jkm81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've a 3G model, it's the only one I'll never hack. Do you recall the type of battery it used, as in, an SP65M or an SP65X???

A reply would be most welcome, and thank for chiming in!!!View attachment 417639
I did not replace the battery, but the one I ordered is SP65X. I got it from Ifixit. Don't know if it fits my vita though.

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I did not replace the battery, but the one I ordered is SP65X. I got it from Ifixit. Don't know if it fits my vita though.
Unfortunately, iFixit no longer carries the SP65X, just the M, which is where I bought it from. I'll be returning it the moment it arrives. I've already ordered a two-pack of the SP65X, but it's shipping from (what I assume is) Japan and wont be here until March 5th. Those BASTARDS!!!

But seriously, this sucks because I just bought this damn thing and the battery was a dud. Oh well, there are worse things in life. I've got two other hacked Vitas I can use and enjoy.

jkm81, I appreciate you getting back to me on this issue, Rep + points for you!!!

Oh, and Rep + for zekro94 too!!!

Reactions: cearp

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: I'VE FIXED IT!!!

OK ALL YOU VITA LOVLERS, IF YOU'VE GOT A JAPANESE VITA (I HAVE 2 OF THEM, BUT I'VE ONLY "OPERATED" ON ONE OF THEM. THE ISSUE WAS A BOGUS BATTERY...

Ok folks, it apppears that I've hit an impasse when replacing the battery in my PS Vita. No matter how many videos I've seen on this subject, I cannot for the life of me get the PS Vita "closed".

I've tried EVERYTHING, and yes, I know that there are these little plastic tabs that go into the front of the console on both the top and bottom of each side. Even when I line those up and gently close the console, it feels like there's a "marble" in there that is preventing the Vita from shutting.

For all of you Vita buffs that are out there, that is, those of you who've worked on your system (that is to say, you've opened it up), I'd really really appreciate some feedback. Yeah, I know, this post is asinine, but I'd like to get past that and hopefully have some people in here with experience in this field get back to me.

- Thank you

- Dizzy
Copy of Eric Cartman.gif

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so, if you've got a a state-side (American Vita) this entry is not for you.

If, however, you've got a Japanese console, you may find the following information VERY HELPFUL, so read with discernment.

So I had to take my precious SAPPHIRE BLUE Vita apart. I got it from an eBay seller, and it was pristine. However, the battery was a dud (read from my original post).

So, I took it apart, as suggested in several YouTube videos. I replaced the battery, and then WHAM!!! The damn thing wouldn't go back together. Try as I might, like 4 or 5 times, every time I tried to close the unit up, it felt like it had a freaking MARBLE in it. It just wouldn't come together. I was literally demoralized by this, and every day I told myself I'd finally fix it, I stayed away from it.

Well, this evry evening I picked it up again, and by a stroke of luck I began to look at the REAR CAMERA in this unit, and therein lies the problem.

I have watched like 3 different videos on both YouTube and other places, but none of them have EVER ADDRESSED THIS ISSUE.
The reason they've not addressed it is because the NTSC units are all North American units, which they are addressing. There IS NO "cameral issue" when closing" the unit back up., It's already aligned with the rear-shell of the Vita.

Guess what? There's a camera issue when working on your JAPANESE Vita. The camera sits JUST TO THE RIGHT of a very small little protruding piece of metal that acts as a kind of "spring", that you need to move the camera to the left, so that it is sitting ON TOP OF the of this little piece. I'd say this thing is roughly 2mm in size. It took me like20-30 minutes to figure out what was hindering me from closing the unit. Then I spotted it (the camera), and then I had no idea what to do. So I tried several times to close the unit, and the camera just showed itself as the culprit. After fiddling with it a while, I realized there was a VERY SMALL piece of metal, attached to the top of the camera. So I was lucky enough to have this very precision set of tweezers.

T-1.jpg

T-2.jpg

What I did was, the camera had just this tiniest little "edge" on it's top. I fiddled with if for a bit, and realized that I could place that camera ON TOP OF THE SPRING with the tweezers while I was closing the casing, and WHAM!!! A total fix and an enormous sigh of relief.

The reason I wrote all of this for you is so you don't have to go through the ginormous pain-in-the-ass that I did. I hope you cats out there with a Japanese Vita are reading this and taking it to heart.

So anyway, I BEAT THE SYSTEM!

- ENJOY!

Reactions: jkm81

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up