Does PPPwn need a direct link between PC and PS4?

Absestos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.aftnet.net
XP
Country
Italy
I'm trying to run PPPwn on a Ubuntu VM on Proxmox and it never gets past Waiting for PADR

The VM is using a bridged Ethernet adapter and it gets IPv4/IPv6 from my router and connects to the internet without issue. Firewall on the Proxmox host is disabled, and the VM is a fresh Ubuntu image - the only packages added are cmake, git, build-essentials and dependencies needed to build PPPwn_CPP and the PPPwn stage1.bin

The PS4 is connected to the same network and broadcast domain: if I configure it to get an IP address via DHCP it also gets an address from my router in the same subnet and would connect to the internet except for the low firmware version.

Is PPPwn supposed to be run on a dedicated network/by connecting the PS4 directly to the PC and without any Ethernet switch in between?

This is the output I get every time

Code:
[+] STAGE 0: Initialization
[*] Waiting for PADI...
[+] pppoe_softc: 0xffffabd634beba00
[+] Target MAC: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
[+] Source MAC: 07:ba:be:34:d6:ab
[+] AC cookie length: 0x4e0
[*] Sending PADO...
[*] Waiting for PADR...

Djakku

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Long story short yes.
PPPwn will configure your PS4 IP address and eventually it might forward the packets to your actual router if you setup forwarding.
might be helpful to look at stooge's pi-pppwn script to see how he does configure the packet forwarding if you share your internet connection or just want to pwn the ps4 and leave it offline.
That being said, don't have the same environment as yours, I used a raspberry pi and I can tell you from now that its does takes a few tries before it get connected.

hope this helps.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes & No*

under Windows No , via any Router running OpenWRT, No. LG TV's Yes? Your case... Maybe? the only other situation i've seen in this is a poor USB Adapter in the host machine. i have tested this under windows w/ a Network switch comming off a Netgear router into my room. No Issue. Tried w/ a cheap USB Adapter on a laptop, Yep same issue, Tried w/ the PS4 on a Wireless Bridge w/ ethernet, Same Issue (but likely due to how it functions.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool: The server has not responded in time. :(