Question about spoofing FW

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Why is it needed to spoof to the latest PS Vita FW on "HENkaku Settings" every time a new FW is out since I can access the PSN with my PS Vita downgraded to 3.60 FW and spoofed (by default) to 3.73 (and not to 3.74)? I already unchecked the "Download Update File for System Software" setting.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,
Reactions: The_Dizzy_Vizzy

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is it needed to spoof to the latest PS Vita FW on "HENkaku Settings" every time a new FW is released since I can access the PSN with my PS Vita downgraded to 3.60 FW and spoofed (by default) to 3.73 (and not to 3.74)? I already unchecked the "Download Update File for System Software" setting.

It sounds to me that you are juggling three cats and a chainsaw. Messy business.

If you wanna truly hack your vita, it's mandatory that you update your Firmware to 3.74. I don't mean a hack to do that, just UPDATE YOUR SONY FIRMWARE TO 3.74 BEFORE YOU HACK YOUR VITA. Check your PM's.

Last edited by The_Dizzy_Vizzy,

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It sounds to me that you are juggling three cats and a chainsaw. Messy business.

If you wanna truly hack your vita, it's mandatory that you update your Firmware to 3.74. I don't mean a hack to do that, just UPDATE YOUR SONY FIRMWARE TO 3.74 BEFORE YOU HACK YOUR VITA. Check your PM's.

Already did and downgraded to 3.60 after following MrMario2011's video but what does that have to do with my question (as well as what you said on the PMs you sent me)?

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Already did and downgraded to 3.60 after following MrMario2011's video but what does that have to do with my question (as well as what you said on the PMs you sent me)?
Because the hack that I'm using downgrades CFW to 3.65. You ended up on 3.60. We aren't using the same hack. Can't help you with that as I've only followed RELIGIOUSLY the hack I've employed.

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It’s prob just cause they try to force people to update by requiring newer firmware’s that patched out any vulnerabilities to access psn. Ur both using the same cfw just may have used dif methods to get there and are just on dif firmware versions. 3.60 was the version to be on for hacking before 3.65 was plausible. If ur psn works at what u have spoofed at just leave it if don’t want to change it. There’s not really much forward upgrades anymore so prob most games will run on 3.65 just fine.

Reactions: Windows_10_User

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Because the hack that I'm using downgrades CFW to 3.65. You ended up on 3.60. We aren't using the same hack. Can't help you with that as I've only followed RELIGIOUSLY the hack I've employed.

It's the same hack, although I chose the 3.60 FW since I was told it was the most compatible with plugins. My question remains the same regardless if I install 3.60 or 3.65 afterwards.

It’s prob just cause they try to force people to update by requiring newer firmware’s that patched out any vulnerabilities to access psn. Ur both using the same cfw just may have used dif methods to get there and are just on dif firmware versions. 3.60 was the version to be on for hacking before 3.65 was plausible. If ur psn works at what u have spoofed at just leave it if don’t want to change it. There’s not really much forward upgrades anymore so prob most games will run on 3.65 just fine.

Even after unchecking the "Download Update File for System Software" setting the PS Vita may force the 3.74 (or newer) FW update? I was told 3.60 FW was more compatible with plugins than 3.65 FW and PSN wouldn't work if not having spoofed to the latest FW, hence why I created this thread in the first place. So, should I leave it spoofed to 3.73 FW since I can access the PSN or should I spoof it to 3.74 FW, anyway? I guess all games will run fine if on 3.60 FW spoofed to 3.73 FW since the system will think I'm on the latter when I have the former installed and there aren't game that demand the 3.74 FW. Also, how do you know no more FW updates will be out? I remember users saying they wouldn't but then 3.74 was out.

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not saying there won’t be but chances are slim. If ur able to access psn fine then just leave and and don’t worry bout it. I don’t think it will force an update but idk for sure. My vita is on 3.65 and all plugins I use seem to work fine. I think vita may just release updates for closing things off on the system or maybe for remote play for ps4 and ps5 besides maybe a random security update but idk. Think just leave auto update unchecked and u should be fine. I don’t think there’s really a need to worry about it. Sony is moving forward with their current gen systems.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Not saying there won’t be but chances are slim. If ur able to access psn fine then just leave and and don’t worry bout it. I don’t think it will force an update but idk for sure. My vita is on 3.65 and all plugins I use seem to work fine. I think vita may just release updates for closing things off on the system or maybe for remote play for ps4 and ps5 besides maybe a random security update but idk. Think just leave auto update unchecked and u should be fine. I don’t think there’s really a need to worry about it. Sony is moving forward with their current gen systems.

I gues some users think FW updates are installed against the users' will even after unchecking said setting.

Maybe 3.60 FW was more compatible with plugins in the past and since then plugin updates were out and they became compatible with 3.65 FW.

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sony occasionally enforces a hard requirement to update the firmware to the newest before allowing access to some features, like the PS Vita shop. Hence why you don't just have to disable automatic updates but also lie to the PSN about what firmware is already installed on your Vita.
Remember, Sony can just prevent access to the things if they want to until you cave and update, they don't give a shit whether updated are disabled or allowed, they're not just not letting you in until you update. Hence the spoofing.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Sony occasionally enforces a hard requirement to update the firmware to the newest before allowing access to some features, like the PS Vita shop. Hence why you don't just have to disable automatic updates but also lie to the PSN about what firmware is already installed on your Vita.
Remember, Sony can just prevent access to the things if they want to until you cave and update, they don't give a shit whether updated are disabled or allowed, they're not just not letting you in until you update. Hence the spoofing.

What if just spoofing to the latest FW and not unchecking said setting? Do I have to do both? I don't think I've read the latter has to be done as well. Anyway, I don't get why users tell to spoof to the latest FW when (at the moment) I can still access the PS Store without doing it.

If it's true what you're saying, then it's stupid said setting even exists.

EDIT: I forgot to mention I can access the PS Store because I installed the reAuth plugin. Do I have to keep it installed, spoof to the latest FW and uncheck said setting or can I just do two or even one thing out of these three?

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What if just spoofing to the latest FW and not unchecking said setting? Do I have to do both? I don't think I've read the latter has to be done as well. Anyway, I don't get why users tell to spoof to the latest FW when (at the moment) I can still access the PS Store without doing it.

If it's true what you're saying, then it's stupid said setting even exists.

EDIT: I forgot to mention I can access the PS Store because I installed the reAuth plugin. Do I have to keep it installed, spoof to the latest FW and uncheck said setting or can I just do two or even one thing out of these three?
I believe the reAuth plugin makes the spoofing obsolete, and technically spoofing the FW makes the reAuth plugin obsolete.
The auto update setting is still needed anyway as there could always be a newer FW release than the one you're currently spoofing. If the PSN store expects you to be on 3.74 you have to spoof to that specific version, you can't just spoof to 3.75 or higher, because that will also fail. But that also means if Sony releases a 3.75 update your auto update might trigger because it thinks you're "only" on 3.74.

All in all these are options that exist for a specific purpose, but not every purpose might be relevant to your setup specifically, for example because you're using reAuth.

Edit: I'd recommend just letting all 3 active unless you encounter issues. Best to cover all your bases. But I'm not an expert on the matter as my own Vita is patched further ahead than yours.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I believe the reAuth plugin makes the spoofing obsolete, and technically spoofing the FW makes the reAuth plugin obsolete.
The auto update setting is still needed anyway as there could always be a newer FW release than the one you're currently spoofing. If the PSN store expects you to be on 3.74 you have to spoof to that specific version, you can't just spoof to 3.75 or higher, because that will also fail. But that also means if Sony releases a 3.75 update your auto update might trigger because it thinks you're "only" on 3.74.

All in all these are options that exist for a specific purpose, but not every purpose might be relevant to your setup specifically, for example because you're using reAuth.

Edit: I'd recommend just letting all 3 active unless you encounter issues. Best to cover all your bases. But I'm not an expert on the matter as my own Vita is patched further ahead than yours.

I forgot to say I installed the 0syscall6 plugin so I should be able to play + 3.60 FW games on my PS Vita with 3.60 FW installed (and spoofed to 3.73 FW). To play games that demand a higher FW than the installed one while staying on 3.60 FW, do I just need to install said plugin or do I also need to spoof the FW to the required (or latest) one? Is + 3.65 FW as compatible with plugins as 3.60 FW and 3.65 FW?

Also, may the latest FW be forced on the PS3 as well if setting "Automatic Update" to "Off"?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: im back