Vita wont update

Sharaku93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I bought a console with a damaged screen (1000) without a memory card. I replaced the screen, the console started up without any problems. The first thing I wanted to do was a factory reset, unfortunately the console froze on the PS logo after initiating the reset from the recovery menu. Unplugging and plugging the battery back in caused it to start up normally and indeed reset to factory settings. Later, I wanted to start hacking, so since the console has software 3.55, I wanted to update it to 3.74. Unfortunately - unsuccessfully. The first time I tried via wifi, it ended with the console freezing on a black screen. After holding the power button for a long time, the console reset to recovery where only option 5. Update software was available. After several attempts with qmca to install different software (3.74, 3.65) which always ended with a black screen, I managed to install 3.55 again. The console also went into a black screen after clicking Update, but after resetting via the button, it went to the green screen and installed the software. After that i tried installing 3.74 and 3.65 from qcma again, still ending with black screen. From a technical aspect, I checked twice if everything is connected, I don't see any corrosion on the board, it's also not bent. In the Welcome app, I checked everything, and the only thing that seems not to work is the camera. I also tried rebuilding the database, the console once again froze on the PS logo, after which, after unplugging and plugging the battery back in, it started up, rebuilt the database and started up as if nothing had happened.its not modded/hacked afaik.So in the end im still on 3.55 and have no idea what i Can do to Update, but its currently booting normally

Edit : So vita just downloaded update itself, forgot to turn off wifi. So i was like "lets give it another shot", and it hang on black screen again. So i unplugged batery and after that, update went normally, but still hang on ps logo. So again battery repluging, and now i'm on 3.74...so weird. Any ideas why it can happen? Its just haning everytime when its trying to do something that needs an restart

Last edited by Sharaku93,
Reactions: The_Dizzy_Vizzy

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a console with a damaged screen (1000) without a memory card. I replaced the screen, the console started up without any problems. The first thing I wanted to do was a factory reset, unfortunately the console froze on the PS logo after initiating the reset from the recovery menu. Unplugging and plugging the battery back in caused it to start up normally and indeed reset to factory settings. Later, I wanted to start hacking, so since the console has software 3.55, I wanted to update it to 3.74. Unfortunately - unsuccessfully. The first time I tried via wifi, it ended with the console freezing on a black screen. After holding the power button for a long time, the console reset to recovery where only option 5. Update software was available. After several attempts with qmca to install different software (3.74, 3.65) which always ended with a black screen, I managed to install 3.55 again. The console also went into a black screen after clicking Update, but after resetting via the button, it went to the green screen and installed the software. After that i tried installing 3.74 and 3.65 from qcma again, still ending with black screen. From a technical aspect, I checked twice if everything is connected, I don't see any corrosion on the board, it's also not bent. In the Welcome app, I checked everything, and the only thing that seems not to work is the camera. I also tried rebuilding the database, the console once again froze on the PS logo, after which, after unplugging and plugging the battery back in, it started up, rebuilt the database and started up as if nothing had happened.its not modded/hacked afaik.So in the end im still on 3.55 and have no idea what i Can do to Update, but its currently booting normally

Edit : So vita just downloaded update itself, forgot to turn off wifi. So i was like "lets give it another shot", and it hang on black screen again. So i unplugged batery and after that, update went normally, but still hang on ps logo. So again battery repluging, and now i'm on 3.74...so weird. Any ideas why it can happen? Its just haning everytime when its trying to do something that needs an restart
Glad to hear you got the update. If I were you, I'd hack the shit out of that thing before it starts acting up again.

Watch this hack video (Henlo/HenKaku/Enso) at LEAST twice before you hack your Vita. This will familiarize you with the hack, and you'll avoid any "surprises". This is a very easy video to follow, and it's only 21 minutes long. I've hacked 3 Vitas using this hack, and they all work FLAWLESSLY. And another Vita is on its way. Can't wait!!!

One more thing, don't let your Vita go into sleep mode during the hack, or you can possibly BRICK your Vita:

Settings > Power Save Settings > make sure Standy Mode is set to 30 mins.

The following video requires that you turn your Vita's wi-fi ON.

This is the best hack I've used. No problems whatsoever. Go for it!!!

Last edited by The_Dizzy_Vizzy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are yall doing?