Noob Hack and firmware questions

Pokpoko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France

This series will help. I hacked my 9.00 offline. It has never been online since I got it. These are pretty clear in terms of steps and they work. There are videos in that playlist if you are completely new to how it all works on how to update to 9.00 via USB, how to set up your ESP chip for offline use and automate loading the HEN, installing emulators and all that stuff.

Thanks, I will watch the video. Is this video only to automate loading HEN or also to jailbreak the first time ?

Last edited by Pokpoko,

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello @Maupiti , so I received the ESP32 and still didn't jailbreak the PS4. I don't know if you're going to see this message but can you explain me how to jailbreak it ? I mean : do I have to do what it's written here : https://gbatemp.net/threads/ps4-exploit-guide.497858/ then this : https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-ps-phive-for-ps4-fw-9-00-exploit-host-menu.621028/
Or only the second link ?

Also, I will need Wifi only for the Step 2 of "ESP32-S2 User Instructions: [ESP MODE]" am I right ?

Thanks
Hi @OuaisdelaB, I’ve never been fan of videos, (except maybe from modded ware fare), you will learn a lot more from well written guides, the two links you posted 😉

Last edited by Maupiti,

Pokpoko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi @OuaisdelaB, I’ve never been fan of videos, (except maybe from modedwarefare), you will learn a lot more from well written guides, the two links you posted 😉
Okay thanks ! Can you do totally offline jailbreak with the links ? I will try to use these links and the video because I am totally new to ps4 jailbreak and I am afraid to do a mistake.

Pokpoko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do not worry, the jb isn't permanent.
Thanks, I have another question : do you know where can I find (like a link) what you can do with a jailbroken ps4, I only know few things like you can install pkg games but I guess you can do way more interesting things…

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I have another question : do you know where can I find (like a link) what you can do with a jailbroken ps4, I only know few things like you can install pkg games but I guess you can do way more interesting things…
You can do a lot of the same things as the ps3 except most things require the system due to lack of keys.

Pokpoko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can do a lot of the same things as the ps3 except most things require the system due to lack of keys.
I am totally new to PlayStation consoles (I have never owned a ps3 or a ps4). Can you tell me more about that please ? Do you have a link of what you can do ?

bbqtool

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I am totally new to PlayStation consoles (I have never owned a ps3 or a ps4). Can you tell me more about that please ? Do you have a link of what you can do ?
Emulators, Linux, cheats, homebrew games. Look at modded_warfare's videos on youtube. It has guides for everything as they become possible.

Oh and injects like Saturn, PS2, PS1 and PSP games.

Last edited by bbqtool,

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Okay thanks ! Can you do totally offline jailbreak with the links ? I will try to use these links and the video because I am totally new to ps4 jailbreak and I am afraid to do a mistake.
You will need online just one time to cache the host on the browser (except if you choose the “road” of self hosting, but if you are totally new to PS4 hack, can be a headache).

It’s totally safe to use the online method with Al-Azif’s DNS . As I wrote before, I use my PS4 with internet for updating cheats and some apps, 😉, and watching videos online. I honestly think it’s a pity to keep always the PS4 offline, except if you are only interested with games.

BTW, self hosting suppose to run your PC , every time you shutdown the PS4. Honestly, I’m not fan of this method.

As for me, my setup is :
Esp32-S2 (connected to my hotspot)
PS4 with Al-Azif’s DNS (connected to my hotspot)
My Laptop (connected to my hotspot)

For info, I don’t have a wired internet connection, only mobile on 5G ,(lost in the mountains during winter) and everything works perfect, even ftp from laptop and PS4.

For “heavy “ ftp, like backing up games from PS4 to my Laptop (usb drive to store), I use Ethernet cable (1 Gigabytes).

Last edited by Maupiti,
Reactions: Pokpoko

Randqalan

The Wheel of Time Turns
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will need online just one time to cache the host on the browser (except if you choose the “road” of self hosting, but if you are totally new to PS4 hack, can be a headache).

It’s totally safe to use the online method with Al-Azif’s DNS . As I wrote before, I use my PS4 with internet for updating cheats and some apps, 😉, and watching videos online. I honestly think it’s a pity to keep always the PS4 offline, except if you are only interested with games.

BTW, self hosting suppose to run your PC , every time you shutdown the PS4. Honestly, I’m not fan of this method.

As for me, my setup is :
Esp32-S2 (connected to my hotspot)
PS4 with Al-Azif’s DNS (connected to my hotspot)
My Laptop (connected to my hotspot)

For info, I don’t have a wired internet connection, only mobile on 5G ,(lost in the mountains during winter) and everything works perfect, even ftp from laptop and PS4.

For “heavy “ ftp, like backing up games from PS4 to my Laptop (usb drive to store), I use Ethernet cable (1 Gigabytes).
I have to say I prefer self host myself. It allows me to update bins usually way before holsters. I am still online when I want with psn mode oof np mode without worrying of dsn compromise.
example I tried out this within minutes of his post.

Pokpoko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have successfully jailbroken my ps4, thanks for your help ! But I have an issue with pkg game (I opened a new thread since it’s not really related to this one).

Reactions: Maupiti

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning...