Country
United States

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh okay thanks, is it difficult to do ? Do you have a guide please ?
it's not difficult. I don't have a guide handy. I do have a guide on doing it with the sandisk connect, but you can do the same thing with your computer, just set up a local connection. I can't recall if the ps4 will allow this though, because I think the ps4 will not connect if it sees you're offline with network disable. you may have to buy a dongle or something to get it to work.

Reactions: BigOnYa

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup I know a work buddy did same thing using a offline PC and a "cross-over" cat5 cable. Too late for me call him tonight but will ask him about how he exactly did it tomorrow. But I'm sure it's just "hosting" the file on PC, like Godreborn said.

Last edited by BigOnYa,
Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup I know a work buddy did same thing using a offline PC and a "cross-over" cat5 cable. Too late for me call him tonight but will ask him about how he exactly did it tomorrow. But I'm sure it's just "hosting" the file on PC, like Godreborn said.
Might be possible through a proxy using your computer's ip.

Pokpoko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Okay thanks, then I will search into that.
In your opinion, if I do it online with the Al azif DNS and I never play online/never use PSN : Can I still be banned ?

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Okay thanks, then I will search into that.
In your opinion, if I do it online with the Al azif DNS and I never play online/never use PSN : Can I still be banned ?
if you never sign in PSN , and use Al-azif's DNS you're safe. My PS4 has been connected to internet for years, and no issues so far.
For the jailbreak, I would recommend @Leeful Ps-Phive! host and his bin image for ESP32.
99% success rate on my PS4 Pro , no KP even if the jailbreak fails for some reason.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-ps-phive-for-ps4-fw-9-00-exploit-host-menu.621028/

This is a very nice ESP32 dongle to use :

IMG-3081.jpgIMG-3082.jpg
was using esp32-S2 mini before, a bit cheaper, but this one works perfect and already in a case.

https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005...!sea!FR!3466579295&curPageLogUid=ECAaYYNuteQG

Last edited by Maupiti,

Pokpoko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you never sign in PSN , and use Al-azif's DNS you're safe. My PS4 has been connected to internet for years, and no issues so far.
For the jailbreak, I would recommend @Leeful Ps-Phive! host and his bin image for ESP32.
99% success rate on my PS4 Pro , no KP even if the jailbreak fails for some reason.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-ps-phive-for-ps4-fw-9-00-exploit-host-menu.621028/

This is a very nice ESP32 dongle to use :

View attachment 352689View attachment 352690
was using esp32-S2 mini before, a bit cheaper, but this one works perfect and already in a case.

https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005005057907373.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.main.59.25077f50rxWg2N&algo_pvid=9ff82b3d-1e37-49dd-90ec-3a08cef4565e&algo_exp_id=9ff82b3d-1e37-49dd-90ec-3a08cef4565e-29&pdp_ext_f={"sku_id":"12000031479984633"}&pdp_npi=3@dis!USD!12.1!5.44!!!!!@2122457116761124201023035d0666!12000031479984633!sea!FR!3466579295&curPageLogUid=ECAaYYNuteQG
Thanks, with aliexpress it will take a long time to receive it. can I jailbreak it and use al azif DNS then when I receive this ESP32 use it instead of the online method ? But if I put this usb, that means there will be 2 usb (this ESP32 and the one containing the jailbreak) so I won't be able to put an external HDD if I want to, will I ?

Last edited by Pokpoko,

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks, with aliexpress it will take a long time to receive it. can I jailbreak it and use al azif DNS then when I receive this ESP32 use it instead of the online method ?
yes, but, if you want to use @Leeful host, you still need to connect once to internet using Al-azif's DNS to cache the webkit exploit on the browser. Then, you can do everything offline.

The really good thing about ESP32 Bin from @Leeful , at least for me, is that you can keep internet connection on the PS4 (for like updating Goldhen Cheat manager, or others apps needing an internet connection), without hassling with changing internet settings on the PS4 .
ESP32 Mode 2 from @Leeful is a master piece of coding and thinking. :bow:

Last edited by Maupiti,
Reactions: Leeful and Pokpoko

Pokpoko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, but, if you want to use @Leeful host, you still need to connect once to internet using Al-azif's DNS to cache the webkit exploit on the browser. Then, you can do everything offline.

The really good thing about ESP32 Bin from @Leeful , at least for me, is that you can keep internet connection on the PS4 (for like updating Goldhen Cheat manager, or others apps needing an internet connection), without hassling with changing internet settings on the PS4 .
ESP32 Mode 2 from @Leeful is a master piece of coding and thinking. :bow:
But if I put this usb, that means there will be 2 usb (this ESP32 and the one containing the jailbreak) so I won't be able to put an external HDD if I want to, will I ?

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks, with aliexpress it will take a long time to receive it. can I jailbreak it and use al azif DNS then when I receive this ESP32 use it instead of the online method ? But if I put this usb, that means there will be 2 usb (this ESP32 and the one containing the jailbreak) so I won't be able to put an external HDD if I want to, will I ?
No, only the dongle for the jailbreak, (the bin is the jailbreak, webkit is cached), and once done you can remove it. So in any case, you still have ports available .

Last edited by Maupiti,

Pokpoko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No, only the dongle for the jailbreak, (the bin is the jailbreak, webkit is cached), and once done you can remove it. So in any case, you still have your three ports available (rear and front).
By following this guide : https://gbatemp.net/threads/ps4-exploit-guide.497858/ the usb stick containing the jailbreak must always be plugged in, am I wrong ?

Does the ESP32 stick replace the usb from this guide ?

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
By following this guide : https://gbatemp.net/threads/ps4-exploit-guide.497858/ the usb stick containing the jailbreak must always be plugged in, am I wrong ?

Does the ESP32 stick replace the usb from this guide ?
No, doesn't need to be always connected for the first question, and yes for the second
To be precise, you need to plug usb or esp32 only after a reboot, as the jailbreak is not permanent, if you're on rest mode no need (as long as you check maintaining applications on rest mode on the PS4 menu).

Reactions: Pokpoko

Pokpoko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No, doesn't need to be always connected for the first question, and yes for the second
To be precise, you need to plug usb or esp32 only after a reboot, as the jailbreak is not permanent, if you're on rest mode no need (as long as you check maintaining applications on rest mode on the PS4 menu).
Okay thanks, the one you sent from this link is it the good one I can buy ? Because there is only 7orders so I don't know if it's good qualité ?

So does that means the stick have to be connected when the console is on ?

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Okay thanks, the one you sent from this link is it the good one I can buy ? Because there is only 7orders so I don't know if it's good qualité ?
The dongle is the same whatever seller you choose on Ali, some people buy from some sellers others from others, ;)
Post automatically merged:

So does that means the stick have to be connected when the console is on ?
if you use an usb stick, the "tricky part" is the timing for inserting and removing, for the jailbreak, good thing about ESP32 , you don't have to bother with timing.
Afaik, success rate is a lot better with ESP32 than usb stick, that's probably why they are so much people using ESP32

Last edited by Maupiti,
Reactions: Pokpoko

Pokpoko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The dongle is the same whatever seller you choose on Ali, some people buy from some sellers others from others, ;)
Post automatically merged:

if you use an usb stick, the "tricky part" is the timing for inserting and removing, for the jailbreak, good thing about ESP32 , you don't have to bother with timing.
Afaik, success rate is a lot better with ESP32 than usb stick, that's probably why they are so much people using ESP32
okay thanks for your help, I will use the usb stick then use the ESP32 in the link you sent me when I will receive it

Reactions: Maupiti

Pokpoko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello @Maupiti , so I received the ESP32 and still didn't jailbreak the PS4. I don't know if you're going to see this message but can you explain me how to jailbreak it ? I mean : do I have to do what it's written here : https://gbatemp.net/threads/ps4-exploit-guide.497858/ then this : https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-ps-phive-for-ps4-fw-9-00-exploit-host-menu.621028/
Or only the second link ?

Also, I will need Wifi only for the Step 2 of "ESP32-S2 User Instructions: [ESP MODE]" am I right ?

Thanks

bbqtool

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

This series will help. I hacked my 9.00 offline. It has never been online since I got it. These are pretty clear in terms of steps and they work. There are videos in that playlist if you are completely new to how it all works on how to update to 9.00 via USB, how to set up your ESP chip for offline use and automate loading the HEN, installing emulators and all that stuff.

Last edited by bbqtool,
Reactions: BigOnYa and Pokpoko

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We're figments of your imagination
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: We're figments of your imagination +1