mitcha

مجاهد صنديد مقاتل عنيد
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
hi, i just screw up hard.
i just formated the original ps4 hdd, it was 9.00. europe version, yes it's dumb but it's was a mistake.

can i recover from this and reinstall the entire system from playstation site, and have a 9.00

questions :
1- the system file downloaded from playstation.fr wich is 1giga, have already the 10.50 update or not ?

2- if the 1st question is yes,then where can i find a 9.00 "file system" and not an "update system"

thank you

edit : SOLVED

Last edited by mitcha,

Engezerstorung

Trophies
XP
Country
France
the file on sony official website will be the last firmware available, not the 9.00
for that you will need to look for an non officialy archived 9.00 firmware files somewhere on the internet, if you already know where to find Nintendo Switch firmwares, its the same place

Reactions: mitcha

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
You want a firmware with md5 value: 674420F041CB5845AAE85928751CCD0E (google that value shows you lots of places to download it).

https://archive.midnightchannel.net/SonyPS/Firmware/?legacy=1&cat=ps4rec

Download, rename the file to PS4UPDATE.PUP, put it in a fat32 or exfat formatted usb drive in a folder called PS4, then a sub folder called UPDATE - So you end up like this - root of usb drive, PS4/UPDATE/PS4UPDATE.PUP.

Plug the usb drive into the ps4 and boot into recovery, you will need a usb cable to also connect your ps4 controller.

In the future - don't be daft.

Last edited by mrdude,
Reactions: mitcha

mitcha

مجاهد صنديد مقاتل عنيد
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
You want a firmware with md5 value: 674420F041CB5845AAE85928751CCD0E (google that value shows you lots of places to download it).

https://archive.midnightchannel.net/SonyPS/Firmware/?legacy=1&cat=ps4rec

Download, rename the file to PS4UPDATE.PUP, put it in a fat32 or exfat formatted usb drive in a folder called PS4, then a sub folder called UPDATE - So you end up like this - root of usb drive, PS4/UPDATE/PS4UPDATE.PUP.

Plug the usb drive into the ps4 and boot into recovery, you will need a usb cable to also connect your ps4 controller.

In the future - don't be daft.

thanks for the explanation :)
i know that already, but i was wondering if it's possible to recover from 9.00 lost.

for my mistake : i have 2 black fat ps4's.
the one i was repairing (10.01) had a dead hdd, but i took off the other hdd ps4 one ( 9.00 ) and wiped it ( fatigue ).
i was worried that i could not recover it.

now it's running well, thank you very much guys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: F