vicicarus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you in advance for any and all help provided,

I'm not sure what I may be doing wrong but I find that I can't dump some game updates/patches with itemflow. I ran into this issues with For Honor, Days Gone and Street Fighter V. I am able to get the update via the app "Patch Installer", I see it DL and install. I can see the game version matches the update version. When I run itemflow and I use the dump option, I select dump all but I only get the base game to dump. I have gone back to try to dump the patch only but I get a message "no patch installed/available". I have been able to get the process to work before with Biomutant both base game and patch dump. Is it that maybe not all games work with this process?

I'm on a JB-Ps4 Pro fw 9.00 2tb internal SSD and 4tb external HDD
Post automatically merged:

Update: after more Google searches, I found something that looks like my answer. this is part of that thread:

"Days Gone's updates have switched to "Remasters" at one point. The update file includes everything and has replaced the base PKG on your system. There is no longer a 1.00 base PKG or any separate patch file on your system, just the remaster PKG
The patch may be merged with the main game. Some patches do that, it's called remastering. I don't know if Days Gone has become such a game (it typically is done at one point by the game company, when a game has too many regular patches for them to be still efficient), but the huge patch size gives a hint. In that case the main game's dump should have the patched files included"

In this case, you won't dump the base game or the patch. You'll select the "remastered" option to dump. This will be your fpkg.
I followed these steps and my dump of "For Honor" showed a ver of 2.10 which is the patch I had DL.
After dumping then you'll need to follow this extra step when building the fpkg image:

Dumping Remastered Packages​

Remastered packages are the type of packages that combine the main game and updates into one. This is different from usual cases where you would find one package for the main game and another for the updates. Remastered packages are not referring to remastered games.

The dumping process is the same as before. The difference would be after inserting the HDD back to the PC, the patch folder would be empty. If you try to build the fpkg, orbis-pub-gen would give an error saying that remastered packages are not supported. To fix that:

1. In the FPKG Tools folder, open orbis-pub-sfo.exe then hit File > Open.
  2. Open in the extracted game's folder > sce_sys > param.sfo.
  3. Once opened, simply uncheck For the Remaster Package. Then hit File > Save.
  4. An error will appear, but don't worry, the changes will be still applied. You can continue building the fpkg using orbis-pub-gen.exe as above.

Last edited by vicicarus,

rtthrow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also on itemzflow, if you select the trainers option for the game that isn’t working properly it has a note saying it needs more reverse engineering.

vicicarus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, awesome. Thank you for that note! Had not tried selecting any other option just yet. Was stuck on the "why isn't it working" part...

jnl1

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Had the same issue yesterday with itemzflow 1.02.
EDF world brothers patch 1.05 simply didn´t dump.
I used the appdumper payload from the kmeps4.site instead. This worked, also I had to extract the parameter.sfo file by hand via pkg viewer from my original patch pkg file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol