Hacking Is there a way to backport a patch that has update the SDK?

Psygnosis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys!
I'd like to update a game to a version that has as minimum fw requirement 10 but the SDK is the same as fw 4.
So it doesn't need a real backport.
At least this is what I understand from Cyb1k twitter.
The problem is that he backported the patch for the USA version of this game but I really want to try the EU version.
The main problem is that I have the disc and a JB PS4, I tried to download the patch with orbis patcher but the console ask me for update the fw. And of course I don't want to. So I need a fpkg base and fpkg patch right?

Thank you in advance.

Edit: the thread title is wrong sorry

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game just needs to be bookable to dump. Use the official update if you have the disc. I'd suggest downloading the update from orbis patches, then installing with your disc inserted. problem with that auto Downloader pkg does have that problem where the system tries to update, so I don't recommend it.

Randqalan

The Wheel of Time Turns
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys!
I'd like to update a game to a version that has as minimum fw requirement 10 but the SDK is the same as fw 4.
So it doesn't need a real backport.
At least this is what I understand from Cyb1k twitter.
The problem is that he backported the patch for the USA version of this game but I really want to try the EU version.
The main problem is that I have the disc and a JB PS4, I tried to download the patch with orbis patcher but the console ask me for update the fw. And of course I don't want to. So I need a fpkg base and fpkg patch right?

Thank you in advance.

Edit: the thread title is wrong sorry
If you are using the eu version and you use the same language as us has you could dump your disc then remarry the us patch to the game. This doesn't always work though the game could be programmed to look for the language that are missing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work