PLaying GBA rom hacks on 3ds

Toptierboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got a 3ds on mercari and it comes in today, is there somewhere i can look up on how to play pokemon rom hacks on the 3ds? any resources you guys could help me with please!

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
got a 3ds on mercari and it comes in today, is there somewhere i can look up on how to play pokemon rom hacks on the 3ds? any resources you guys could help me with please!
Download the mGBA emulator for 3DS and load your patched ROM hacks on there.

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
GBI and Swiss are GameCube homebrew apps, not for 3DS.

On 3DS as far as emulation goes you have mGBA and gpsp, the first one can be accessed through both by a 3dsx file, and installed on your home menu through a cia file.

Gpsp has better performance but as far as I know is only available as a core in retroarch.

Reactions: SylverReZ

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Why not run GBA games with open_agb_firm?
You won't come closer to playing on a real GBA than running the games on the 3DS natively. Of course this takes away the benefits emulation has to offer.

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You won't come closer to playing on a real GBA than running the games on the 3DS natively. Of course this takes away the benefits emulation has to offer.

My brain tripped a lot reading about Swiss and the GBA Player on the 3DS forums. For a second I doubted.
Anyway, I second both replies. mGBA on 3DS doesn't run very well with a variety of games even on the New models. Also, injecting modded games functions 100% with 3DS' backwards compatibility.

Reactions: BrandonSWITCH

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ultimate GBA VC Injector is old and outdated. New Super Ultimate Injector is the only one anyone should be using for now.

VC injections take up space on your Home screen, and the save data is only accessible via Godmode9. But if you don't care about having extra icons on your home screen or manipulating your save data, then there is indeed no particular reason not to use New Super Ultimate Injector.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you care more about performance and accuracy use OpenAGB Firm. This allows the games to run on what is basically native hardware. However you lose the ability to make savestates and such this way.

Reactions: Toptierboy

Toptierboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you care more about performance and accuracy use OpenAGB Firm. This allows the games to run on what is basically native hardware. However you lose the ability to make savestates and such this way.
Could you link me where I can see what steps to follow for it?

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do people even use agb firm?

From my understanding gba injects have the exact same compatibility without having to turn off the system to change games or play 3ds games again

Toptierboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

From my understanding gba injects have the exact same compatibility without having to turn off the system to change games or play 3ds games again
How would I do this process, any thing you can link me to show me the steps lol

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
VC injections take up space on your Home screen, and the save data is only accessible via Godmode9.
Also, your system still has to reboot after you close a game started via an GBA VC injection, doesn't it?

Could you link me where I can see what steps to follow for it?
Spend two minutes Googling for open_agb_firm and see what you can learn. Demonstrate some capacity for following steps, "lol".

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Open_agp_firm boots in a second. Adding ROMs is just copy+paste. No cluttering Home Menu (300 title limit). Easier access to saves.
It is nice for lazy people like me. Using the injector for each game is tedious.

GavinLa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, so this is unrelated but- ive been having issues with New Super Ultimate Injector beta 28 as it wont run and it comes up with an error. saying that i dont have permission

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat