PLaying GBA rom hacks on 3ds

Toptierboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Y’all are ruthless on here 😂😂 quick question is the open apg a better route than gbarunner2 on tm++ for 3ds?

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Perhaps if ya read the rules you just agreed to you would understand why its like that.
...He was answering the question on the previous post.

My experience with GBARunner2 is very sparse, I only tried it with a couple of games and I had issues, for example trying a romhack I did for FF1 Dawn of Souls showed me the game is unplayable because the overworld is broken. I looked at a compatibility list here and seems issues are common.

Having the possibility to use GBARunner2 is good to have but I would recommend any other way to play gba first. Specially if you're going to play modded games.

My recomendation for gpsp was ignored but that seems to play romhacks fine, mine work and the recently translated Chocobo Land works fine too. Pretty cool Fortune\Itadaki Street
spinoff.

In any case you would take less time trying the different options and see what you like than waiting for others to comment.

Reactions: Toptierboy

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
GBARunner2 is alright, but it has imperfections where things like injects and open_agb_firm would not. GBARunner3 may end up fixing a lot of those problems and becoming the best way to play, but it's still really early in development.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto