Nintendo Switch Online adds Fighter’s History, Kirby’s Avalanche, and Daiva Story 6: Imperial of Nirsartia

Nintendo has added three new titles to its classic catalog for the Nintendo Switch Online service.

Two of the titles are for the SNES. First up is Kirby's Avalanche, a Puyo Puyo clone with Kirby dressing. The other SNES game is Fighter's History, a fighting game from 1993 most well-known as being the target of a copyright infringement lawsuit from Capcom, who claimed it was too similar to Street Fighter II. The court ruled against Capcom, however, believing that the copied elements were too general or integral to a fighting game to be covered by copyright.

The final title is Daiva Story 6: Imperial of Nirsartia, a Famicom game that has never been released outside of Japan before. Strangely, it doesn't appear to have been localized in any way, as the password input screen is still completely in Japanese. The English trailer helpfully provides you with a password that lets you skip any section that may be confusing to non-Japanese speakers and skip right to a side-scrolling mech battle. (The Japanese trailer provides a look at some of the different gameplay.)

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lot's of people have tried and failed, so I wouldn't get my hopes up. Not even google could make a sizeable dent. If anyone were to try and maybe do okay, it would be apple. But they wouldn't really have any good exclusive games. It would just be "Oh hey I can play call of duty as well" or "this game is coming out on me too!"

The market these days cannot really sustain anything more than 3 consoles (and PC if you want to toss that in there) leading anyone else trying to enter in the ring with a severe disadvantage. People want simple go to brands they trust and not jump into something new unless the old guard somehow gets out placed by its introduction, the last time that happened mind you was when Microsoft took over Sega's spot in the console wars back in the early 00's and this has been the consistent play of the market ever since. There are clear intentions from other parties such as Google, Amazon and even instances of Apple and Facebook attempting to get into this space hard, but chances are they will fail at penetrating this market in any considerable way unless one of the 3 end up falling by the wayside leaving a spot of position open for takeover. As long as all 3 companies stay consistently strong in the market there will be no space for these other companies to grow or take over this market. Depending on your outlook on this it could be a good thing or a bad thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: ye