Kirby's Star Stacker, Quest for Camelot and two more titles arrive on Nintendo Switch Online today

NSO-Switch-Updates_09-05-23-768x432.jpg

The Nintendo Switch Online (NSO) app got 4 new entries today for their members, with SNES game, one GBC game and two NES games available now on the service. The titles added include:
  • Kirby’s Star Stacker (SNES, previously a Japan exclusive title)
  • Joy Mech Fight (NES, previously a Japan exclusive title)
  • Downtown Nekketsu March Super-Awesome Field Day! (NES, previously a Japan exclusive title)
  • Quest for Camelot (GBC)
It's worth noting that out of the 4 titles dropping on NSO today, 3 of them were previously Japan exclusive titles that didn't get a western release until today, with the only title from the list released outside Japan being Quest for Camelot for the Game Boy Color.
As an added note, the 3 Japan exclusive titles seem to not count with any kind of translation on the service, so they are released with their original Japanese language.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quest for Camelot? Really? 🤔 I never saw the movie when it came out, but I did have the game. The game was confusing from what I remember (however it's been too long, so I might be able to figure some stuff out now), and IIRC the film was a box office failure. Still wouldn't mind watching the movie, though.
I watched it as a kid and really enjoyed it, I ought to rewatch as an adult now.

The game looks pretty boring, though.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More old shit for a so called "premium" service.

Shame the cheap twats can't cough up the money to actually give anything new from that consoles, but saying that, even those are old recycled ports.

And as for its indy shit, well its worse than how it was back in the 80s hence nintendo charging for its bullshit seal of quality.... which they cant even do for their own hardware anymore.

Why bother buying nintendo when you can emulate the fucker for free and not be ripped off having to keep buying the same shit over and over.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry but at this point this is just the plain truth. At some point you just need to face the facts.

You can be neutral about it, not care or think this is meh, but thinking Nintendo's current business practices of milking fans to death by lazily recycling their old catalogue over and over again is "neat", really is being a sheep.
But this is a massive KEY fact when it comes to nintendo fanboys, these are the worse folk you can ever come across online.

They're so deluded and can never make their mind up, one minute they're on the graphic bandwagon, then they're not.

Then they're back on it, then they're not.

Then they're on the games are only fun now thanks to this BS gimmick, then back on the graphic wagon.

Then they buy into nintendos excuses when it fails.

Now they're using the BS excuse of, not getting round to play any of its endless last gen ports.

Sorry fanboys but there's a very FAT chance you guys haven't rushed to buy and play the recycled shit nintendo keep rehashing each generation.

The fact that BOTW somehow gains a perfect 10/10 for having fuck all to do but endless shrines.

While other open world titles that actually has a story and story driven are rated less..... want to know why, because nintendo ensures it sends its fanboy critics the game that regardless of its bad points, they still manage to spin it into something positive.

Because they will never EVER admit that nintendo, especially now, are worse than gushing diohrea out of a donkeys arse on a scorching hot summers day.

This company no longer has a passion when it comes to making games and games consoles, their only care is how to add some BS gimmick to make its cheap shit print money.

They know too well that its fanboys will blindly defend them like loyal cannon fodder.

They know by releasing inferior hardware that third party devs will NEVER support them with their new AAA titles because nintendo never hit the required sales target.

This ensures that nintendo have very little competition for its recycled titles.

But they'll never see the day, yet you can see them bitch about similar things for others.

Like the price hike of next gen games, yet nintendo hiked its price of TOTK a sodding BOTW DLC crapped out as a new title, ohh we get nothing new, the game cant run any better than the first, yet ohhh you'll still pay the price because you like the game.

So not contradiction much.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
worse type of fanboy 100% couldn't have said it better myself. but you might as well talk to a brick wall these sheep are so blind and loyal they are programmed to defend nintendo no matter what. nintendo could make a bag of turds and they will worship and love it :lol:

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is proof that nintendo doesn't give a fuck about the west and only caters to japans needs
Nintendo nowadays just cares about profits whereas before they did care for what the fans wanted.

I bet you they will release DLC for TotK just to keep fans happy with filler, just like they're doing with Mario Kart 8. Holy shit, MK8 that game was released in 2014!

GTA V was released in 2013 so MK8 isn't as old, but almost. 😆

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
that's right keep drip feeding that garbage nintendo i've only heard of one of them fucking games. oh look at all the fanboys behind me with their mouths wide open ready to eat it all up and defend your honor in 3..2..1

WHAT so they aren't even in English? nintendo has sunk to a new low! can't be fucked porting actual games people want oh quick just find some random ass games no one has ever heard of...what they aren't in English? who cares our loyal sheep fans won't care they will still love and worship us! :glare:
Why waste your tine writing all this, just don't okay the games?

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shutting down the eShop was the dumbest thing Nintendo ever did. No other game company on the planet has as massive a catalogue of actually GOOD games, across multiple generations.

They are trying to adapt to a market that they still don't understand. They are always the last to adopt new shit lately which is remarkable considering how ahead of the game they were with the NES, Super NES, N64 and GBA.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joy mecha fight is a great game but should have been available to US audiences with the Japan collection from the start.
Especially if without a translation.
Sure could make a Japanese account but I found the extra news feed to be too bothersome to put up with for one game I couldnt play online with friends anyway who found the process more taxing than I did.

Quest for Camelot is also a super strange inclusion.
Wouldnt be so bad if there was regular rom releases with the occasional oddity.

The whole slow trickle is very strange but they seem committed to it.
Maybe it has something to do with the next console and a new way to handle the retro collection.
Perhaps the NSO collection has been on life support all this time with plans to replace it.

Which is still a strange choice when it's not much effort to do better but eh Nintendo gonna be weird and penny pinching.

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
true, cant we get back to nintendo network? it was better
What was thay one like again? Is that the one for the 3ds, dsi, and WiiU?

I remember using it a little bit and then it immediaty got discontinued. I wish that there was some way to revive the service on there too...

idkwhereisthisname

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
idkwhereisthisname.github.io
XP
Country
Italy
What was thay one like again? Is that the one for the 3ds, dsi, and WiiU?

I remember using it a little bit and then it immediaty got discontinued. I wish that there was some way to revive the service on there too...
it was and is for 3ds and wii u, the dsi and wii (vwii too) is nintendo wfc, they still work tho

Reactions: DragonMals

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
it was and is for 3ds and wii u, the dsi and wii (vwii too) is nintendo wfc, they still work tho

They still work? I knoe that Wiimfi and Riiconnect24 brings most service back, but I didnt know that it can also do Nintendo Network. Im talking about the one with the cities on the 3ds that upon trying to open, it says that its discontinued.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol