Kirby's Star Stacker, Quest for Camelot and two more titles arrive on Nintendo Switch Online today

NSO-Switch-Updates_09-05-23-768x432.jpg

The Nintendo Switch Online (NSO) app got 4 new entries today for their members, with SNES game, one GBC game and two NES games available now on the service. The titles added include:
  • Kirby’s Star Stacker (SNES, previously a Japan exclusive title)
  • Joy Mech Fight (NES, previously a Japan exclusive title)
  • Downtown Nekketsu March Super-Awesome Field Day! (NES, previously a Japan exclusive title)
  • Quest for Camelot (GBC)
It's worth noting that out of the 4 titles dropping on NSO today, 3 of them were previously Japan exclusive titles that didn't get a western release until today, with the only title from the list released outside Japan being Quest for Camelot for the Game Boy Color.
As an added note, the 3 Japan exclusive titles seem to not count with any kind of translation on the service, so they are released with their original Japanese language.

idkwhereisthisname

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
idkwhereisthisname.github.io
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry, I meant Nintendo Zone. My bad. Had to remember the name of app
well it is gone for a long time, it has been brought back to life by satella zone
Post automatically merged:

The only thing that was missing for me was chat messaging, but to make up for that there was the Miiverse. 😆
pretendo network is looking to revive wii u chat too!

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
well it is gone for a long time, it has been brought back to life by satella zone

I did not know about this a all. Looks like I have something to check out.
pretendo network

Ive heard about Pretendo but I dont know if thats the one that is t publicly available yet and its still needs work to be finished.

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
it is in a closed beta, but it will be open source soon

Im looking forward to this! :) ive missed many of the 3ds and wiiu features that have been discontinued by Nintendo and while not popular as it used to be, I cant wait to at least use them again.

I tend to forget things most of the time, but what are some of the features from these systems that have t bebe cancelled by Nintendo and they still work to this day (not counting online games like Animal Crossing:New Leaf or Splatoon)

Reactions: idkwhereisthisname

ChronosNotashi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Calling anyone who thinks this is neat a 'loyal sheep fanboy' is fucking stupid, and get this, a toxic mindset.
Yeah, the problem with these kinds of mindsets is that if you're not with them, then your opinion has absolutely no value. Even if you're not a "loyal sheep fanboy", but a neutral-minded person who's able to analyze both sides (which they actually consider worse, because you're not blindly bending to their opinion like, ironically, a "loyal sheep fanboy", while still not being a fanboy towards what they hate). Difficult to actually have a discussion when the terms set are so black and white from the start. Better to just not engage with them, and discuss the topic as if they never entered it.

Now regarding the topic, I do agree that they should've at least tried to provide a translation of these games (though imo it would be unlikely, except for something like Fire Emblem NES during FE's anniversary), but just the fact that they're bringing Japanese-only games from the NES/SNES era over is nice. Especially when you consider that they haven't legally been released in Western regions prior to this.

And when you consider how very infrequently Japan-exclusive games are ported to the West/localized, even if there's a cult following and fan translations (looking at you, Bandai Namco and the older Tales games you've ignored).

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe youve solved my weird feelings about the Switch and how i prefer the old Nintendo games over the Siwtch.
until getting a SteamDeck, i used the Switch just to emulate, but now we have these portible gaming PCs we can now emulate pretty much anything on them, I am amazed with the quality on some PS3 games that can emulate, even MGS4 runs almost perfectly if only they could figure out the in-game audio issues, then it would emulate just as good as the PS3.

Actually I take back my claim of the nextendo console been subpar to PS4/XBX1, id actually take a good guess that it be similar to current devices like the SteamDeck, and will see LOW/MID end PC ports of console titles dumbed down.

Reactions: DragonMals

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Switch Online feels like a TOTAL SCAM. You're paying around 15 bucks a month or so to use online play. The 3DS didn't have a monthly or yearly online subscription. Why the Switch of all things?

ChronosNotashi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switch Online feels like a TOTAL SCAM. You're paying around 15 bucks a month or so to use online play. The 3DS didn't have a monthly or yearly online subscription. Why the Switch of all things?
Love how people seem to always condemn Nintendo for charging for online, but are almost always completely fine with, and sometimes even praise, Sony and Microsoft for doing the same thing first, but with a higher price tag. And that was even BEFORE those two started offering the "free" games as part of it.

Last edited by ChronosNotashi,

ChronosNotashi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xbox live or what
Technically, XBox Live and Playstation Plus. Though to be fair, if the game's already free-to-play, none of the current consoles require paid online to play (though they used to before, iirc).

But yes, it did start with XBox Live (oh, I'm sorry, "XBox Network") for OG XBox, then Playstation Plus for PS4 (possibly even PS3 at a point, but can't recall for certain), both $60 USD yearly. And, again, that was before either of them offered any significant benefits outside of online play. Hell, Microsoft even tried to inflate their Gold-tier prices a couple years ago before consumer backlash made them give up on the idea (for now, anyway).

Last edited by ChronosNotashi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I mean I would but it's not factual