Capcom announces 'Street Fighter 6' and 'Capcom Fighting Collection'

sf 6.PNG

During the Capcom Pro Tour 2021 Season Final yesterday, Capcom announced the next installment in its fighting game series. Street Fighter 6 is said to be in "in development" and more details is said to be shared this summer. Capcom shared a teaser trailer for occasion:

The teaser trailer showcased a glimpse of the future of Street Fighter, as series mainstay Ryu locks horns with new challenger Luke. The 45th and final character in the Street Fighter V roster was teased to have a key role in the next Street Fighter project, which has now been confirmed.

The company also announced Capcom Fighting Collection, an anthology of 10 classic Capcom titles. These include two Darkstalkers games that previously never made their way out of Japan; making the full series officially available in the West. Moreover, each of the 10 titles in the collection has received quality of life updates such as online multiplayer and other enhanced features.

Capcom Fighting Collection will be released digitally on June 24 for PS4, Nintendo Switch, Steam and Xbox One.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They still trying to kill off Street Fighter by making it a Playstation exclusive, or did they come to their senses yet?
Tekken was the PlayStation "exclusive" not SF. SF has been on other gaming consoles before hitting PS.

As cool as this collection is, it has too many Darkstalker games and SF. I mean, just give us variety of franchises than different games of the series.

Capcom is sitting on a goldmine and makes no use of it. Same goes for Sega.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darkstalkers and Red Earth, nice.
Weird how they released Cyberbots in another collection without online play.
Hopefully Red Earth will have online co-op too.

SF6 is nice and all but those collections with rollback netcode sounds nicer.
Maybe Im just tired of SF, I did skip SF5 more or less.
If it was a new Darkstalkers game, even if E-sports friendly I'd go nuts.
Heck a capcom all stars is way overdue and would make a good e-sports title plus advertise those old game collections.
Do e-sports titles have be a little generic?
Can't be too crazy and interesting?

I'd hope the SF collection could get an update with rollback and SFZGold as a good will toward their fans seeing as that collection was a tad botched.
Wouldnt mind if SFZ3gold could be here either if the last collection cant be uodated.

Megaman's arcade outtings and spin offs could use a collection too.

Well I'll keep my fingers crossed the collection isnt broken somehow.
SF6 eh, hope we see some obscure character comebacks.
Eagle, Sodom and Maki I'd hope could show up again.

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All in for the capcom fighting collection. If you guys want a new darkstalkers or a new anything from this collection put your money where your mouth is and support this collection instead of saying you can run these games on a emulator for free.
Agree about the Darkstalkers comment. Doubt we will see any new one anytime soon seeing as how many people here that mentioned Darkstalkers are only interested in a new one. People should realize that Capcom is like any other company. They want to make a product that would sell well. In this case, they wouldn't green light a new Darkstalkers game if there isn't enough people that show interest (ie. actually buying the game).

As for the SF6 trailer, looks like they are using RE Engine this time around. Looking forward to seeing what the other fighters would look like!

Reactions: cvskid

sroemr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As cool as this collection is, it has too many Darkstalker games and SF. I mean, just give us variety of franchises than different games of the series.

Capcom is sitting on a goldmine and makes no use of it. Same goes for Sega.
Must have missed Street Fighter V on the Xbox then...

Tekken hasn't been exclusive for awhile. It makes zero sense to have a fighting game be an exclusive now. There is no shortage of fighting games, many of which are probably better than SFV. It's really something when you see how much they whore out Ryu for crossovers.

So, are they still tying to kill off SF by making it exclusive or did they decide doubling their player base is the smarter strategy.

diggeloid

Alex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I stayed up late last night to watch the tourney live just for the reveal, and all I got for it was a ~30 second CGI teaser. (they were also like ~30 minutes late).

The fighting collection with online multiplayer is pretty awesome though.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah show the females, hope they are hotter or still hot at least. Logo looks crappy though.
If SF5 is anything to go by, they might somewhat cover up the female characters while keep the male characters "uncut."

This censorship is stupid. Plus, the people who complained about it never planned on buying the game.

Reactions: ZeroFX

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
All that hype, just for another street fighter game. *Jerk off motion*

Imagine if they had rebooted the Dino Crisis IP instead, or given us Dino Crisis 4. Or maybe a Mega Man Legends 3.

Reactions: Lewd

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All that hype, just for another street fighter game. *Jerk off motion*

Imagine if they had rebooted the Dino Crisis IP instead, or given us Dino Crisis 4. Or maybe a Mega Man Legends 3.
There's already plenty of Street Fighter, Mega Man, and Darkstalkers' games. They ought to give their other IPs a chance to shine.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All in for the capcom fighting collection. If you guys want a new darkstalkers or a new anything from this collection put your money where your mouth is and support this collection instead of saying you can run these games on a emulator for free.
Well I'm glad capcom remembered Hyper street fighter 2 anniversary edition. Seem redundant to have 5 version of a game floating around when they literally put them all into this one anniversary title.

Oh wait... there five darkstalkers game on this collection. :ninja:

Oops, well, maybe there is a version of that with all five versions into one game... though I doubt there is much of a anniversary edition to celebrate a short lived series. :ph34r:

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
Hard to get excited with sf6 since they barely showed anything but it's still good news. Meh with the fighting collecting since I already have retro machines and a pc with retroarch for that.

ZeroFX

why?
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
If SF5 is anything to go by, they might somewhat cover up the female characters while keep the male characters "uncut."

This censorship is stupid. Plus, the people who complained about it never planned on buying the game.
THIS! no one that complains about these things actually buys the game, even if the girls where in a blanket dress like on some cultures.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why capcom why can't you make your arcade collection online play. this is why i'm hating these games so much. i want more 4 player games like those beat em up collection...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol